Beta Testers for iPC OSx86 Universal

cmdshft

46 posts in this topic

Hey,

I have an SSE3 AMD processor w/ an nForce chipset and would be happy to beta test w/ your permission (see specs for full hardware)

BTW: OSx86 Tools PWNZ!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance and good luck on your release

Hugo,

Yeah sure the specific kext would be great. Dunno if this current release will work for your SATA but you can try.

Ok. so heres the Kext. what happens with it is that it will recognize SATA drives on MCP68/67 but it wont recognize the IDE ones.

EDIT: Actually it will recognize the IDE ones but they will appear on system profiler as SATA ones and wont work if you have de device id 056010de on info.plist....

For IDE DVD & IDE Hard Drives i usualy use AppleGenericPCATA.Kext with the device id 056010de and then i will have fully funcional IDE DVD-RW Drive.

Also this one will only work well on the hard drive cause i never got to make my SATA DVD drive to work with it, it gets recognized but simply

doesnt work....

NforceATA___MCP67.zip

i have had various problems with other builds of mac os and am determined to get my pc running mac os stable on a day to day basis.

therefore if possible i would love to test your new build as it sounds like it could be brilliant

i haven't worked with you in the past, but if you could consider me for the beta i would appreciate it...

webb789

osx86 tools does rule by the way

and im running a core2duo on a asus P5n-e sli board with an 8500gt graphics card

Guys I have some bad news. After uploading I checked my ISO that I had uploaded a lot of packages were missing. The reasons I do not know, but now I will have to create a PPF and so you will have to download the ISO, apply the PPF and then burn. Sorry :(

EDIT: If the PPF ends up being too big then I may have to release it 2 days late. Only time will tell

~PCWiz,

I'm interested in being another Beta tester.

I'll admit I am quite new to this .. as such I've been met with limited success so far *L* . I have a 3 partition HDD with Vista business, Kalyway 10.5.2, and iDeneb 10.5.4. Both OSx86 installs when fairly smoothly with just the display giving me a pain for a few minutes, from blue screen to fix. Both continue to elude me in terms of audio, and networking - ethernet nor WiFi. I await Intel drivers for that, or a Yukon one that I can get functioning.

I'm on an Intel machine - fairly new Panasonic Toughbook CF-74 (nice to find the touch screen works in OSx86)

Contact me via PM if you'd like to me give your Beta a go. (What's a forth partition? *lol*)

Peace,

Joe

Hey PcWiz...

Im kinda new to this forum, and new to the field of OSx86,

i have not installed any version of mac on my laptop yet, due to the fact that my laptop is relatively new...

i think most of its spec is the same as the newly released Macbooks, therefore im not sure if all the 10.5.2 OSX out there will support it...

So, i am wondering if its worth me giving this beta testing a go or not? (or is my hardware not going to work what so ever...)

if it is, then i would more than happy to participate..

my system is:

ASUS F6V laptop

Centrino2 (Intel core2duo P8400) CPU

Ati Radeon 3470 graphic card

Mobile Intel PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M

2x2GB Transcend DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM(SODIMM)

Intel Wireless Wifi link 5100

Realtek RTL8168c/8111c Gigabit lan

Intel High Definition sound chip (Azalia)

Thanks for ur help~ keep up the good work~!

i would also like to test. i have an amd laptop with the rs690 chipset i noticed you have the sb chipset pkgs but i've had problems with other installs all over the board that have included them. i like to help with some input.

XLR,

Well...Restart Fix fixes restart, Shutdown Fix fixes shutdown :unsure: And CPUS=1 fix forces one core boot on start (required for some laptops and stuff). There is no included uninstaller but I can write some shell scripts that can uninstall it if you need.

Sounds great! If you can do this it would be huge!

Hey guys,

Listen, sorry for the delay. Ran into some unexpected problems but fear not progress has been made. The DVD is now 100% working aside from the fact that the Chameleon bootloader package needs fixing (its corrupt). I'll be getting on that shortly, and the beta testers will be PMed when its ready.

Thanks for your cooperation

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...