Beta Testers for iPC OSx86 Universal

cmdshft

46 posts in this topic

~pcwiz and I are calling for beta testers for iPC OSx86 Universal Beta 1.

It's 10.5.4 and includes many patches and other system tweaks for both EFI and non-EFI capable machines.

The only requirement to apply is if either myself or ~pcwiz has worked with you before. Should you choose to apply, send ~pcwiz a PM, or myself a PM if you've worked with me before.

Looks interesting...

What's the difference between "CPUS=1 One Core Fix", "Restart Fix" and "Shutdown Fix"?

Is there a way to uninstall each one of those fixes in case they don't work on my system?

Thanks for your work guys. The osx96 community seems stronger than ever!

Please give us some info about the Intel Pro Wireless 3945 support. I'm selling it right now on ebay but I wouldn’t if it works on Leopard as a native airport card!

Sorry to disappoint you guys. but titooo1 is correct :angel: They are the development drivers from the iwidarwin project. I personally have no experience with intel wireless so I just threw them into the mix. Sorry for any false hope I may have created :(

DrunkenDonkey,

Yes this one can be updated with most Apple updates with no worry because AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement won't corrupt it (This distro installs Disabler.kext by default which disables that bad wabbit kext :) )

Like I said guys, I completed the ISO and I tested it on an HD partition and it worked great, but when booting from the DVD it hung at still waiting for root device (horrifying). Its most likely a SATA problem and I'm working to get this bug fixed so I can deliver the beta fast. I'll keep everyone informed :)

XLR,

Well...Restart Fix fixes restart, Shutdown Fix fixes shutdown :P And CPUS=1 fix forces one core boot on start (required for some laptops and stuff). There is no included uninstaller but I can write some shell scripts that can uninstall it if you need.

Hey guys I really appreciate your interest in this. But like Hara Taiki said in my testing I find a bug that screws up boot on ICHx systems for reasons I haven't figured out yet. Once this is fixed and the DVD boots successfully, I will release the beta to the testers. And yes most who asked are accepted but if you take the beta and leak it or just take it and leave no feedback then you are in for trouble (you will go on the pcwiz blacklist which will ban you from future betas :))

so will this work like a boot-132 so i can use apple softwareupdate or like kalyway need a hacked one ?

Well yeah if you have a vanilla capable system then you can update, but you still have to edit the "1" script after installing a version update.

I would love to help test the beta.. I have an intel d945gtplkr board that needs to be redone.. its a dual core processor so I'll need a patched kernel.. are you guys using the xnu voodoo kernels??

PM Sent

Abysmal

Hey guys I really appreciate your interest in this. But like Hara Taiki said in my testing I find a bug that screws up boot on ICHx systems for reasons I haven't figured out yet. Once this is fixed and the DVD boots successfully, I will release the beta to the testers. And yes most who asked are accepted but if you take the beta and leak it or just take it and leave no feedback then you are in for trouble (you will go on the pcwiz blacklist which will ban you from future betas :) )

My computer is a vault! nothing leaks! ;) BTW maybe it would be good to have some feedback from you on what are the specific points that you would like to see being tested on diferent machines. i.e. an AMD machine will respond diferently from an Intel one...

Maybe you could do a Check list so that the tester knows what to look for when testing in a specific rig...

Just my 2cents...

Im looking forward to see if the DVD will recognize my SATA Drives...All the others never included that facility...

Hould you like me to send the specific kext to you?

Hey guys the bug is fixed and the release is being uploaded! Links will go out to beta testers tomorrow via PM.

Hugo,

Yeah sure the specific kext would be great. Dunno if this current release will work for your SATA but you can try.

bigjim,

You are now a beta tester :D

Anyways what I really want tested is the AMD compatibility. I only have an Intel system therefore I cannot test any AMD stuff. Hopefully this release works and boots on AMD systems....

If not I can always release a PPF patch I guess to patch the problem easily.

These are really very good news I am really ready to make the first test on my AMD ATI XPRESS 3200 (ASUS A32MVP-Deluxe) and I hope that I will help to the Beta testing for a real very good distribution of OSX. Maybe I will also test it on Phenom system but this is only Maybe. Having my hears ready for PMs