Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

Hey guys

prety nice info here

i did it with ext HD, not with dvd. prety easy -> http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...p;t=9047#p58322

all procedure in the top topic done successfully. :(

i m going to try the rest suggestions today.

i have enable the time machine and created a record.

i would like to ask if i could restore the record in case some action brakes my good (at least for the moment) installation built.

or do i have to install at least kalyway 10.5.2 or .3 or .4 or .5 and then restore the record. i d rather not :wallbash: after a kext :D

thank you all

I'm using XxX 10.5.6 with a clean install using only the packages in the distro. Everything appeared to be fine. But...! I noticed that after hibernate my sound is switched to the headphone output... The icon is still present and I can change the volume but there is no sound from the internal speakers.

I tried to manual install the audio drivers manually as suggested in the first post, but this didn't solve the problem. In System Prefences -> Sound the Output is set to internal speakers. But still no sound after hibernate.

Also trief Stickmac's kexts from the opening post but the problem persists.

Any idea's? People with or without the same problem?

Is there a solution?

Dear friends,

I´ve been looking for a step-by-step update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 and I didn´t find. Does anybody knows where can I find it? I´m supid, I tried to update from Apple Update, after boots, mouse and keyboard doesn´t work. I know, Iknow should I look for a tutorial before... but the {censored} has made.

Please anybony help me!!

hey all,

i've installed 10.5.2 and that was alright but now I'm installing 10.5.6 and i get KP's when I wand to mount a dmg......

I thought seatbelt was the problem solver for this but i still got the KP

P.S. great work for all those who are working on this! Thanks!

EDIT!!!! got the wrong version of seatbelt !!!!!!! EDIT

problem solved

I'm using XxX 10.5.6 with a clean install using only the packages in the distro. Everything appeared to be fine.

Volsk, so hibernation is working in your case? And what about power meter? Can you please make a list of what is working and what is not? Thanks.

I just need to decide if I have to go the XxX way from my Kalyway or not. Does external monitor and mirroring work? In my case -- yes, both are working fine.

Volsk, so hibernation is working in your case? And what about power meter? Can you please make a list of what is working and what is not? Thanks.

I just need to decide if I have to go the XxX way from my Kalyway or not. Does external monitor and mirroring work? In my case -- yes, both are working fine.

- Sound (see my issue)

- Video works. Haven't tested external or mirroring. Will do later today and I will edit this post

- Powermeter works

- Sleep does NOT work, hibernate does.

- Swapped wifi for Dell 1390, which works flawless.

- Card reader works when card present at boot, with extra kext.

- Trackpad works fine, with tap click. But I can't seem the right settings for two finger scroll. So I removed those extra kexts.

Any other questions?

- Sound (see my issue)

- Video works. Haven't tested external or mirroring. Will do later today and I will edit this post

- Powermeter works

- Trackpad works fine, with tap click. But I can't seem the right settings for two finger scroll. So I removed those extra kexts.

Any other questions?

What about the Fans? Do they run all the time on full power?

I would like to know about the 10.5.5 --> 10.5.6 upgrade guide too if possible.

Also any possible problems?

I am sure I have seen something in this post but can't really remember where.

On a side note (I know we are not allowed to say these things) but where in the name of God you find the XxX 10.5.6 distro?

If possible gimme a PM plz ;)

Thanks a lot

HHHmmm This might be some thing for us to look at, kidding the aa0 to act like it's running higher resolutions so we can use app's that are asking for that......

it's a windoooooooo..'s thing but maybe we can try to think in that direction.

If anyone is running xXx 10.5.6, could anyone please confirm it has Hebrew, Spanish and Portuguese ?

Hi Telecart,

No, the xXx don't come with any language else English. I'm running it in Brazilian Portuguese, but I installed the translations from a retail DVD, with the Optional Installers package.

Hi Telecart,

No, the xXx don't come with any language else English. I'm running it in Brazilian Portuguese, but I installed the translations from a retail DVD, with the Optional Installers package.

Hmm I don't need a full translation, just to be able to type in these languages on my keyboard...

:/

Thanks for the info though

- Sound (see my issue)

- Powermeter works

Any other questions?

No, cool, thanks alot! I think I'll try to install it, I want hibernation. It is not working at all on my installation.

Hmm I don't need a full translation, just to be able to type in these languages on my keyboard...

:/

Thanks for the info though

Hi again Telecart!

Well, I believe that your keyboard has the USA layout; Am I sure?

If this is ok, then you just need an keyboardlayout for one of these languages. A Brazilian developer called Rainer Brockerhoff, has developed a fammous layout here in Brazil.

You can find it here: http://www.brockerhoff.net/usi/

hi ppl, im new to this and im going to convert my Girlfriends AAO to an mac (i use macbook unibody) but becose im new to this, what version shuld i use to install osx on her AAO? 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 ? and when i have installd it, what version have best fix / less problems ?!

and can i make it only OSX, no windows partition?

thnx for all help i can get.

(and sorry for my bad eng)

Hi guys

Just a quick note about hibernation - I had been trying to work this out for a while and couldn't find the answer and was so pleased when I did I needed to tell someone.

That person is you.

For hibernate to work properly you need to disable secure virtual memory in the security section of system preferences.

There you go - thats it.

Bye

edit - when I say properly I obviously mean better than never. of course.

It's not quite that simple...hibernation will randomly fail requiring the hibernation file to be manually removed...which requires booting the machine off another disk which negates the convenience of hibernation in the first place. Really hope someone cracks the sleep issues on this otherwise excellent hackintosh.

Hi guys

Just a quick note about hibernation - I had been trying to work this out for a while and couldn't find the answer and was so pleased when I did I needed to tell someone.

That person is you.

For hibernate to work properly you need to disable secure virtual memory in the security section of system preferences.

There you go - thats it.

Bye x

It's not quite that simple...hibernation will randomly fail requiring the hibernation file to be manually removed...which requires booting the machine off another disk which negates the convenience of hibernation in the first place. Really hope someone cracks the sleep issues on this otherwise excellent hackintosh.

oooch thats a long way round booting your mac up!

Much easier to

(When it fails)

Press f8 whilst booting to get to the startup options screen

type "-nowake" (without the quotes!)

Your hac should start normally!

Still not as convenient as it working properly but hey, you wanna convenient mac you pay £800+ quid for it. And its roughly the same size as a house.

Hi guys,

I have a AA1 with OSX 10.5.6 and my touchpad does not work. I mean, when I want to click with my touchpad it does not work, I need to press it with my button on left and sometimes its annoying. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Help will be very appreciated!

Thank you

I had the same issue. I reinstalled XxX 10.5.6 from scratch and use the latest EFI9 from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142628

And it wakes from hibernation everytime. My new issue is I lose audio when it wakes.

Hi guys,

I have a AA1 with OSX 10.5.6 and my touchpad does not work. I mean, when I want to click with my touchpad it does not work, I need to press it with my button on left and sometimes its annoying. Is there anything I can do to make it work? Help will be very appreciated!

Thank you

reply 592.....

load the ps2 kexst your done!