Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

I followed the xxx 10.5.6 final install guide and everything went ok, except on my first attempt I selected the atheros wifi drivers and as I have installed a dell 1390 wifi card this prevented it from working so I started again and didn't check the atheros drivers and all was well.

I am only getting 800x600 resolution, how do I get 1024x600?

Do I need to install the gma950 kext? or is this already installed after following the guide?

When I tried to install the gma950 kext again I got stuck with a greyscreen with spinning beachball!

So close but so far!

Hi every body, I succed to install Mac OSX on my A110, by using an external HDD. It has Vanilla kernel and 10.5.6 update. Every thing work fine, the wifi is detected (I have the card on airport) but i cannot find my livebox or anything. There is just a thing I wanted to correct, but I don't know if there is any solution, is the screen size, some windows are taller than the screen. I know it's impossible to put a 1024 / 800 resolution, but there is no one way to cheat? Like in linux, by typing alt gr when you click on a window you can move it, there isn't that kind of type in mac? Or, sometime to put a 1024 / 800 resolution and to navigate in it (like in a too tall web page) I remember to have do that on an very old computer on windows (just for fun) but I don't know for mac...

Sorry guys for my english I'm just a 18 year old french.

My AAO does not have this file AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ! how to I download this to install the 10.5.4 update. Used the 10.5.2->10.5.3->Vanilla kernel and now trying to update to 10.5.4

Please let me know.

- is it because I forgot to check the power management option during customizing 10.5.2 install?

37. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.4 update.

Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type "sudo su -" without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" without the quotes.

Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

UPDATE: I was able to get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.tar.bz2 from http://download193.mediafire.com/qgeq4l0zx...nt.kext.tar.bz2

and used the following example to install it (I think I could have used Kext Helper b7 !)

* Copy the ViaRhine.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.

* Open Terminal and write "sudo chmod -R 755 /System/LibraryExtensions/ViaRhine.kext" without the quotes

* Enter your admin password

* Write "sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ViaRhine.kext"

* Write "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

* Write "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext"

* Reboot

finally was able to install 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 updates !

This seems to have my card reader working fine. Though I've only tested it on non sdhc cards up to 2gb. Haven't found my 8gb card to test yet.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=245096

note: just tested and it turns out that only the sdhc card reader on the right side of the machine is working. guess the sd reader on the left is a different type? i'm running xXx10.5.5

Need Help-

Here's the story. I have 2 Acer Aspire One that I am installing OS X. The first one is perfect with no problems except for the standard no card reader and kernel panic message at shutdown under battery power. The second one is where I have the problem. Installed everything (Kalyway) just like the other, but after I do a shut down (battery or plugged in), it won't boot up. Nothing at all but a black screen. I hear the fan running and power button is lit, but nothing at all on the screen. If it sits for about 15 mins, it will boot up with no problem. After shutdown, same problem. I can do a restart all I want with no problems. I even wiped the drive and did a complete reinstall of all software and kexts.

Any ideas?

Hardware problem?

Thanks-

I installed Kalaway 10.5.1 and the netbook keeps lopping at Migration assistant. Its due to the missing Video kext in my disk.

Can anyone upload the display kext so that I can copy it via terminal using my USB drive ?

Thanks.

PS: Also let me know the location where to copy the kext to.

I installed Kalaway 10.5.1 and the netbook keeps lopping at Migration assistant. Its due to the missing Video kext in my disk.

Can anyone upload the display kext so that I can copy it via terminal using my USB drive ?

Thanks.

PS: Also let me know the location where to copy the kext to.

There are several tutorials for several distro's that work almost out of the box. I suggest the XxX tutorial by blue-k. It's somewhere in this thread. I don't think it's a video issue, but here are some hints.

In the openingpost you can read:

Installing Video Card Intel GMA 945 with 1024x600 resolution my Fab.

1. run Kext Helper B7 from your Application Folder

2. open Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack

3. select ONLY AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext

Now you now where to find the drivers.

When you boot into single user mode.

at the command line copy the above kexts to /System/Library/Extensions. (I assume you know how to do this.)

followed by:

For all 5 kexts:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext

chmod -R 775 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext

And then

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

I followed this tutorial to the letter 3 times and have the same issue everytime. Going from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 my keyboard and trackpad quit working. Keyboard works fine for the F8 prompt and for the Darwin entry, but when OS X loads nothing.

If I plug in a USB keyboard and mouse they work. I even tried doing the FFScrollDaemon but that did not help at all.

I also noticed that there is no trackpad tab in the System Prefs.

Other than that it seems to work, I can't seem to get a battery monitor working, but I think at this point a keyboard & mouse are more important

EDIT: I did the 10.5.6 update and did not replace the keyboard.PrefPane with the backed up version. Keyboard & Trackpad now work, how ever, the keyboard/mouse preferences in system preferences now only shows keyboard. No tabs for a mouse or Trackpad what so ever. But they work, I guess thats something

Other than that it seems to work, I can't seem to get a battery monitor working, but I think at this point a keyboard & mouse are more important

Thanks a lot. I have Leopard completely working !!! :)

Hats off to all those who put effort into this great tutorial !

BTW, is there a way to get the Battery meter on the menu bar ?

Try this kext

EDIT: I did the 10.5.6 update and did not replace the keyboard.PrefPane with the backed up version. Keyboard & Trackpad now work, how ever, the keyboard/mouse preferences in system preferences now only shows keyboard. No tabs for a mouse or Trackpad what so ever. But they work, I guess thats something

Try this keyboard.PrefPane.

Has anyone tried the tutorial on page 27 using the new XxX 10.5.6 final .iso? I'm wondering if it has helped anyone with any particular issues...

I will probably try following the tutorial with this new .iso and see how it goes.

Not yet -too scared to break my install!

Still I'm sure my time will come.

Has anyone tried the tutorial on page 27 using the new XxX 10.5.6 final .iso? I'm wondering if it has helped anyone with any particular issues...

I will probably try following the tutorial with this new .iso and see how it goes.

I did! Hibernation does not work anymore. Using the previous versions I got it working with:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

and

uncheck "Use secure virtual memory" in System Configuration --> Security and reboot.

Besides the hiberantion everything worked as in the earlier versions. No new issues or fixes.

WOW! ok so its been some time coming since I have posted and I decided to do a refresh of my Acer as I was experiencing some just weird problems with my previous kalyway install up to 10.5.6. Decided to use the new XxX 10.5.6 Full Iso (check the green demon for it), as it had the most up-to-date kext's as well as bootloader. And I just wanted to share all that I had to do to get it fully functional, which quite surprisingly was not much at all, WooHoo!

And this is only for installing OS X on the AAO...

XxX 10.5.6 Full install...

Click Customize in the installer and choose...

- Essential System software

- PC_EFI9

- DSDT Patch

- Essential Kexts

- Optional Kernel: Voodoo 9.5 v1.0 - (just works better than Vanilla even under 10.5.6)

- Chipset: new ICHx

- Video: IntelGMA950 - Only the one for AAO, no others i.e. kext's or the frame buffer

- Audio: ALC268 AA1

- Network: RealTekR1000.driver, (AtherosWireless - not sure if it works as I replaced it)

- Power: ACPiBatteryManager - Chun Nan

- Others: USB Fix, Boot Prompt

- Tools - (there are a lot of really good utilities in here)

Once rebooted and up...

- Type in the following command in Terminal Mode:

- Sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

- System will ask you for your password, you may enter your password

- look for "Kernel Flags" and put "cpus=2".

- Press i to insert item

Eg.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=2</string>

Press Esc

Press and hold shift than wq

Than type wq, hit enter, and exit Terminal

Install Kext...

- Open Kext Helper

- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)

- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart

For mic use...

- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

- unzip the file

- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

- type in password and click EASY Install

- to be safe Open Terminal

- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""

- reboot AAO

Battery Meter

- Decided to use the Slim Battery Manager in the Applications folder, this installs with the tools option and

works very well and is smaller

Thanks goes out to brgroup, aztec_knight, Blue-K, & Pencils, all of whom I credit for their work, previous guides and help in getting this put together. The new XxX 10.5.6 takes care of a lot, you can try the Atheros drivers, but I did a card swap to an 802.11n card (much f'ing faster and worth the $26). And just in case anyone wants to know...

My system config is: 1.5 Gb RAM 320GB 7200 RPM drive, Macbook pull 802.11n mini pci-e wifi (yes an actual apple part in the Hack-Intosh) and 7200 mah battery good for roughly 5:30 hours runtime, and custom paint job :angry: ...

~Stephen

Edit/update...

I recommend using the XxX distro as it is the most complete with little to edit, and best drivers out of all the installers I have found.

Thanks for the guide, Up and running smooth on my ACER Aspire one AOA150-1777

*Installed using OSXMSIWind.ISO*

Sounds working*<----- alc268 Driver needed

Video Working*<-----OOTB

Both SD Drives working* <-----Drivers needed

Webcam working* <-----OOTB

WIFi working*<------ mackerintel IO80211family.kext <-----Requires to hold the wireless button at power up, and a second push at the HDD menu for it to work every time.

Very happy over all, wireless I can live with as it only a small process to achieve working. Re-Apply Drivers after 10.5.6 update.

Mostly Vanilla system :gathering:

I've attached mackerintel Modded IO80211FAMILY.KEXT--- I've added more Wireless Cards to it.

Picture2-4.png

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Hi I followed the instructions on page 27 by Pencils and installed XxX 10.5.5. At step "j. Open Kexthelper b7" it says you either pick the wifi to work or the video card to work.

I picked wifi, but has anyone figured out how to get the video to work also? I am running 800x600 right now but I see people managed to get a higher resolution. Has anyone managed to create a video fix that doesn't kill the wifi?

Thanks!

Thanks xp1700. I did what you said, I used your Acer Air plugin and the resolution is fine now. However my wifi seems to be broken again. I am going to try some of the other instructions to see if I can bring it back to life.

Does anyone know how to get hibernate to work? When I hit sleep it would just make the screen go grey and frozen like. I could hit the power and it would spring back but it clearly was not working.

On the upside though xp1700 fixed my shutdown issue, now my computer will properly shut down!

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One A150X 3G

and I followed this great tutorial,

everything worked great, thx for that.

But now I have 2 questions:

1st : Is it possible to get the UMTS - Modem to work?

Its a "Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9212"

Shows also under ethernet adapters in XP as "Qualcomm Wireless HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9212"

6673efc262308b919dd45a42780f38e9.png

2nd :

After the first Install (XxX_10.5.5_Beta1_PPF1) i did Apple updates and after that the system didn´t boot anymore,

it rebooted at the gray Apple srceen ...an endless loop...did I miss something?

I reinstalled the whole thing now...But would be great if I could apply the Updades...

Thx in advance.

Look at post #673

Install Kext...

- Open Kext Helper

- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)

- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart

For mic use...

- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

- unzip the file

- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

- type in password and click EASY Install

- to be safe Open Terminal

- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""

- reboot AAO

I haven't tried this yet though, I don't really care about mic use.