Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

Aspire 150 1165 10.1" Need some help with the sound.

Installed using xXx 10.5.6v2, No luck getting sound to work using any of the included alc268 kexts, no help from any of the "sound fix" packages that I found:

AAO_SbM_OSX_1056_Pack

TarugaACL268Installer5

paulswinddriverutilitypack

SticMAC's Audio fix.

Using pauls wind drivers I could change the volume level but could not get any audio out of speakers or headphone jack.

I've tried various alcinject/hdaenabler combinations etc. Nothing works. Everything else works okay. I've reinstalled about 10 times now with different options from xXx 10.5.6.

ANY suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Install Kext...

- Open Kext Helper

- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)

- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart

For mic use...

- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

- unzip the file

- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

- type in password and click EASY Install

- to be safe Open Terminal

- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""

- reboot AAO

Is this necessary? i mean the seatbelt kext (i installed the xxx 10.5.6 distro v2 final) and i can mount dmgs without any problem.... and my mic worked out of the box...

How can I use an external monitor on my Acer Aspire One ?! Please help me !

try this pkg just install, repair permissions and reboot :( it worked for me....

does anyone know how to get the trackpad prefpane in the system preferences... i tried the prefpane posted but it didn´t work....

ah btw i want to use my keyboar with the spanish layout with the <> key working... do you have any idea?

GMA950.pkg.zip

More information on the Sound problem with my 10.1 aa1

Turns out there is a different sound driver for the aa1 10.1 then the 8.9 aa1 on acer's site.

The Aspire D150 10.1 uses the ALC272 not the ALC268 driver.

Anyone have a working ALC272 Driver?

I haven't found one online yet. I would hate to have to go back to windows for the time being since I bought this thing to be a hackintosh in the first place, but I d need audio support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And here we go... Who wants to take the dive into updating to 10.5.7?

I'm game!

Give me a few hours...

Update:

So far so good.

I used Software Update. When done no reboot, but first reinstalled voodoo using installer.

After reboot no sound and 800x600 display. Now reinstalling those kexts...

I'm game!

Give me a few hours...

Update:

So far so good.

I used Software Update. When done no reboot, but first reinstalled voodoo using installer.

After reboot no sound and 800x600 display. Now reinstalling those kexts...

Sounds good, maybe I will try later this week. 2 quick questions for you...

1. How is the 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel working for you? I am concerned since its been a while since we have heard from these guys on an update....

2. Do you have a copy of the sound and video .kext's you could upload? Its been a while since I have found some other than in a full Distro and just would love to have a backup copy...

Thanks in Advance

Sounds good, maybe I will try later this week. 2 quick questions for you...

1. How is the 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel working for you? I am concerned since its been a while since we have heard from these guys on an update....

2. Do you have a copy of the sound and video .kext's you could upload? Its been a while since I have found some other than in a full Distro and just would love to have a backup copy...

Thanks in Advance

Okay... testing and experimenting. At the moment I have broken my installation once again.

So no audio or video... But it worked at one point ;)

I've done upgraded to 10.5.7. Anything works fine except the Intel GMA950 if I install this kext, I will end up with the blur screen. So, I need to boot with -x and remove the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and now it's ok.

I've done upgraded to 10.5.7. Anything works fine except the Intel GMA950 if I install this kext, I will end up with the blur screen. So, I need to boot with -x and remove the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and now it's ok.

Could you further describe your process for updating to 10.5.7 in a little more detail so others may try as well?

Also, To all...

I just found this on the green demon so I am sending the link to the main page. Apparently the iDeneb team has come up with what seems to be a full 10.5.7 update disc to download, anyone willing to try?

http://insanelymac.org/

Title - iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 105.7

Could you further describe your process for updating to 10.5.7 in a little more detail so others may try as well?

Also, To all...

I just found this on the green demon so I am sending the link to the main page. Apparently the iDeneb team has come up with what seems to be a full 10.5.7 update disc to download, anyone willing to try?

http://insanelymac.org/

Title - iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 105.7

It seems for me the autoupdate does a better job than the combo or full update.

What I did:

- Install XxX 10.5.6

- Apple Update --> No Reboot

- Reinstall Voodoo Kernel --> Reboot

- Replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext -->Reboot

- Success!

It seems for me the autoupdate does a better job than the combo or full update.

What I did:

- Install XxX 10.5.6

- Apple Update --> No Reboot

- Reinstall Voodoo Kernel --> Reboot

- Replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext -->Reboot

- Success!

Great, will try this when I get home later, quick question though... Have you been able to get the trackpad recognized and setup for "tap as click" I have used the XxX installer many times before but for some reason this last time, I cannot get the trackpad recognized.

Hello,

My ACER ASpire One 150 was running fine with 10.5.6, but I had the silly idea (!!!) to upgrade to 10.5.7 and now the computer loops try to boot again and again...

I guess the problem is around the video driver (GMA950), but can someone help me getting my computer running again without loosing any document (photos, and so on) ?

I tried to boot "-v", got a screen full of lines for 1 second and then... reboot !

Same with "-x"...

Thanks a lot for any help.

Fabrice.

• 3 weeks later...
ok reinstalled the old IOUSBFamily and Massstorage kexts...back in business.

I think everything works now...camera and microphone, usb, etc.

I have got your same problem, my usb is no longer working but i can't find those kexts you talk about. could you please post them or email me them?

Thanks a lot!

I have read though most of this thread it seems to go on and on so if I have missed this I am sorry. I actually have a new version of the acer one I have the AO531. I have been able to get it to update to version 5. I am not worried about the G3 modem but I would really like to get sound to work. When I follow the steps infact it does show up as HD audio but I get no sound. Has anyone tried this and been successful.

EDIT: I am thrilled. if you follow this link http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/ you can download the voodoohda.kext and install it and everything works. Okay I am not sure about the mic... I will try that and give and update

• 2 weeks later...
ok deleted GMA 950 kext and video works...sigh, I just noticed USB is broken though, not sure if it is somehow tied to the GMA950 kext or it was broken from update. Tried to reinstall the USB fix kext but that didnt do it either....looking for some help now...

thanks

Bb

ok reinstalled the old IOUSBFamily and Massstorage kexts...back in business.

I think everything works now...camera and microphone, usb, etc.

havent checked hibernate, but thats neverworked for me, oh well.

Bb

Thanks, helped out there loads! You got QE on you graphics though?

Through reading this entire post I have made a Magic 8 GIG USB Pen Drive,

I now have 10.5.7 working on my Acer Aspire One,

I went 10.5.4 iAtkos via USB Stick

Then Chameleon 2.0 RC1

Then the Terminal Sleep Code and upgrade to 10.5.5

Then the Terminal Sleep Code and upgrade to 10.5.6

Then reinstall mouse and keyboard kexts as they stopped working

Then the Terminal Sleep Code and upgrade to 10.5.7

Then install All Video Kexts except GMA950 kext

Install Ethernet

Install Sound

Fully booting and running with Vanilla Kernel!! No need for Seatbelt.kext either and am very happy all except theres no QE on the graphics card as the GMA950 kext wont work. Anyone know a fix for it?

hey everyone really new to os x actually first time trying it out. i v installed this over 10 times am sure i v done more and when i install the 5.4 update my keyboard and mouse stop working. read the guides over and over again please would like a step by step help. i really dont know much so please try to explain clearly.

Okay. AAO GZ5 running XXX 10.5.6.

Can't get wireless to work at all with the default card.

Can't get it to even see the hardware. The Airport fan

won't show up at all.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, update from the above post.

AAO GZ5 with default Atheros card.

Now I'm running iPC 10.5.6

Voodoo kernell 9.5.0

and the wireless card shows up (the airport fan icon is there)

but it doesn't find anything.

I run kismac r19 and it scans but doesn't find any networks.

I tried installing the io80211.kext thingy but it changed it to say

that no airport card was installed.

So I reinstalled the iPC 10.5.6 and the card exists, the airport fan icon is there,

but it still won't find any networks.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
EDITED : As per BLUE-K you can now use the new xXx 10.5.5-Disc to install your AA1 without editing some kext, the distr will work most of the hardware drivers except WIFI.

You may search for the xXx Mac Distribution using any torrent site.

Download the xXx-Disc, and apply the PPF1 + PPF2 on it and ins

This tutorial will help you Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

WARNING !!! not for the faint hearted ( children don't try this at home )

I have been doing a lot of trial and error on this just to get my AA1 work in Mac OS, but i guest my sacrifice has paid off, I thinks its safe to follow this tutorial :twisted:

Need fixing are the following :

Touchpad Tap ( I'll try to recover the old 10.4.7 kext i have before since touchpad tap was working for my ECS laptop, I'll just update you once testing was OK )

Wifi Atheros AR500EG ( Still trying to find ways to solve the issue )

Sleep mode ( hmm not sure still looking for solution )

:!: Things you needed for this tutorial :

- A DVD containing Kalyway 10.5.2 install (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')

- The Kalyway 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')

- The Official 10.5.4 DELTA update from here

- The Official 10.5.5 update from here

- Paul's Wind driver and utility pack here

:!: place the above list on a USB stick or CD / DVD

- An external DVD drive

- Acer Aspire BIOS update here

How to update Acer Aspire One A150 BIOS

Thanks to : machani for this link here I modified and posted the procedures below.

1. You need a USB flash drive (SanDisk or any Generic brand)

2. Make it bootable to DOS by following these instructions: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/flashing-bios.html

Follow this screenshoot when creating the bootable USB here

(NOTE: The screenshot shows the Drive is /dev/sb1. This screenshot seems to be done from a Linux machine. From XP, the Drive shows up as D:\ or E:\. Verify that that is the correct drive letter for your USB flash drive).

3. After you click OK, unzip the new BIOS files and copy the three files: 3304.bat, fla{censored}.exe and ZG_3304.fd to the flash drive

4. Leave the flash drive in the USB port, reboot, hit F12 at the initial boot prompt.

5. Choose USB drive to boot

6. It should bring you to a DOS screen choose number 5

7. Change to the C: drive by typing: C: followed by ENTER

8. Type: 3304

(You need to have your laptop connected to external power supply or it won't work).

9. When you reboot, hit F2 at the boot prompt and verify that your BIOS version is 3304

:!: After updating your BIOS, enter BIOS setup and press F9 to 'restore best performance defaults'. This step is VITAL!

Step by Step - installing OSX on your AA1 A150

1. Insert the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk into your external DVD drive, and plug it into your AA1

2. Start your AA1, and press F12 when prompted to choose a boot device, select your DVD drive

3. When prompted to hit a key to boot from CD/DVD, hit a key.... you'll see a ton of text scroll up the screen - just sit tight

4. You'll next be presented with your language select screen. I imagine you want English, so just hit enter! It'll then sit doing 'Preparing Installation' for a while.

5. When you get the 'Welcome' screen, don't hit continue straight away! Move your point to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Disk Utility'.

6. When the Disk Utility application has loaded, click your main drive in the left hand pane (probably the very top entryis your HDD manufacturer's name')

7. Click 'Partition' on the right hand pane.

8. Under 'Volume Scheme', click '1 partition'. ( this varies on your desire on how many partition you want )

9. Give your disk a nice name.

10. Click 'Apply'

11. Wait for it to do it's thing, then select 'Quit Disk Utility' from the 'Disk Utility' menu.

12. You'll now be taken back to the installer welcome page. Click 'Continue'.

13. Click 'Agree' when the legalese blurb pops up.

14. Choose a destination drive - obviously the one you just partitioned! Click 'Continue'.

15. Click 'Customize'.

16. Completely uncheck 'Language Translations'.

17. Expand 'Kernels' and select ONLY 'kernel_9.2speedstep'

18. Expand 'Graphics_Drivers', expand 'Intel_GMA' and select ONLY 'GMA950'

19. Completely uncheck 'Audio_Drivers'.

20. Expand 'Networks_Drivers'. and select ONLY 'RTL1000'.

21. Completely uncheck 'Mobo_Chipsets'.

22. Completely uncheck 'Thirds_Applications'. ( I choose some applications which I have used before but if you are a 1st time Mac user need you need uncheck this area )

23. completely uncheck 'Patches'.

24. Click 'Done'

25. Click 'Install' and go and make yourself a cup of tea! ( nice one Paul :lol!: )

26. :!: The install will now take place, if you want to speed it up, you can 'Skip' the installation DVD check.

28. When the 'Install Succeeded' screen appears, eject the install DVD and hit 'Restart'.

29. OS will now start up for the first time, and take you through the setup wizard.

30. When you have booted into OSX for the first time, goto drive name > applications > Utililities > Terminal

31. Insert the disk containing the Kalyway 10.5.3 update in a USB or CD

32. Run '1_Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg' this wil upgrade the system from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!

33. After the above install has completed, run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel.

34. Restart your AA1.

35. When prompted to do so, press F8 to interrupt the Darwin startup.

36. Type 'update -v' (without the quotes obviously), and press enter. Your AA1 may reboot a couple of times during this update process. Don't panic!

37. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.4 update.

38. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.dmg' to mount the image.

39. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.pkg' and step through the installation process.

40. When prompted press F8 and use "-v" to boot without quotes ( a lot of text msg comming out dont worry system will boot it self soon )

41. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.5 update.

42. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.dmg' to mount the image.

43. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.pkg' and step through the installation process.

Installing Sound Drivers

1. Insert the disk containing the Wind driver and utility pack.

2. Select the 'Sound' directory

3. Double click on AzaliaAudio.pkg and go through the installation wizard and restart.

4. Download ALC268FIX from here http://rapidshare.com/files/126062908/ALC268FIX.zip

5. Run ALC268Installer 1 but Do not restart !

6. BEFORE restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

7. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

4. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.

5. Goto System Preferences > Sound > make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Play alerts and Sound effects through

6. Now sound should work

Fixing the About this MAC

1. Goto Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack

2. under Utilities

3. Double click on About this Mac.pkg and follow the instructions

4. no need to restart, you can check is changes are made by following the quote above

It should say : Processor Intel Atom CPU N270@1.6Ghz

Installing Video Card Intel GMA 945 with 1024x600 resolution my Fab.

1. run Kext Helper B7 from your Application Folder

2. open Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack

3. select ONLY AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext

4. drag to Kext Helper B7

5. enter your password and click EASY INSTALL

6. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.

7. after restart you can now change your LCD resolution from 600x800 to 1024x600

Fixing Internal Microphone ( Thanks to StickMAC™ ) for the kext compilation from iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5_ISO.

1. Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

2. unzip the file

3. open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

4. type in password and click EASY Install

5. to be safe Open Terminal

6. type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""

7. reboot AAO

Fixed :

- Auto Switching from Internal Speaker to headphone

- Internal Microphone receiving excellently

With regards to touchpad tap Thanks to BurnZcodE

Just go to System Preferences...Keyboard & Mouse...Trackpad...at trackpad gestures, Check clicking...

touchpad tap /double tap and dragging should work by now.

I also found solution on the Mirror Issue you may download the pkg file from this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;&do=findComment&comment=913715 Thanks to kamikaze for sharing the file

I have tested the pkg works great.

Some useful Tools for your new AA1 Mac OS X 10.5.5

X86 Tools utilities by : ~pcwiz click this link

Google the ff :

VLC for Mac - Video Player

Adium - Chat/Messenger for MAC works with MSN, Yahoo and many more accounts

MAC the Ripper - rip Video DVD

Onyx - maintenance tools

Pacifist - Extract dmg files

SimplyBurns - Mac CD/DVD burner

StuffIt - its like winzip

MacFuse & NTFS-3g - enables you to read & write on a NTFS file format partition