Driver for nForce4 LAN

planetbeing

765 posts in this topic

Hello all,

yesterday I installed my first Mac OSX, Leo4All 4.1 version. Configuration of my PC is this:

AMD 64X2 6000+

MSI K9N SLI Platinum with nForce 570

2x Gigabit LAN with Vitesse chipset(if i remember correctly its VCS-8601 or so)

ATI HD3870

SATA HDD

forcedeth.kext probably does not support your card. Try nForceLAN instead.

forcedeth.kext probably does not support your card. Try nForceLAN instead.

Thanks for your answer eno, I will try that nForceLAN kext.

Yesterday I tryed both default kext in Leo4all, but with the same result... with manual set of IP address, mask and DNS it looks set well, but does not connect to internet and network properties are green except internet point and the one under that, they are both orange. When I try to ping or something, it says "no root to host" or something like that.

• 1 month later...
I have an ECS GeForce 7050M-M motherboard running Kalway 10.5.2. The motherboard has a built in Broadcom AC131 ethernet driver. I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck getting this NIC to work on their hackintosh.

it may work with the nForceLAN driver available here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125569

Check if the pci id is in the supported device list.

Hey folks, I was just wondering if anybody had an idea about the upload problem? I tried sending a file through Adium and it produced the same effect.

Uploading a random amount (usually a very small amount) causes the driver to go kaput. It doesn't mess up the state of the NIC as I can reload the driver and be back on, but uploading definitely causes problems. (which on a side thought might be related to the torrent issue as well)

Hi,

I was just wondering if the nForce ethernet issue with dual boot (with Windows) is already fixed. I remember before that when I install OSX in my machine and it has windows as dual boot, I have to unplugged the power supply for 30 secs and replug to boot to a different OS in order for the ethernet to work (ofcourse nForce4 LAN). Do we still have that problem? I would really want to test but I don't want to reformat my computer just to see if it would work. Anyone?

Tnx

Hi eno,

You know, I'm reaching my borders, I'm trying to get OSX running since December 23rd '08, and at the beginning I fought the fight, bought new HDD, installed over and over again so that I can use my OSX stable and hours long now, watching HD movies and so on.

But I still get a freeze screen if I use internet in any way, reset is the only option.

I use Kalyway 10.5.2. My system is in the signature.

What do I have to do exactly with the nForceLAN folder from the zip? I just copy n pasted it to /System/Library/Extensions, please just tell me if this is right :(

I also tried your forcedeth 0.3 with the method told by you.

Also tried turnind of sleep-functions, at all ... no success.

I'm a OSX/BSD noob, only know Windows.

Hi eno,

You know, I'm reaching my borders, I'm trying to get OSX running since December 23rd '08, and at the beginning I fought the fight, bought new HDD, installed over and over again so that I can use my OSX stable and hours long now, watching HD movies and so on.

But I still get a freeze screen if I use internet in any way, reset is the only option.

I use Kalyway 10.5.2. My system is in the signature.

What do I have to do exactly with the nForceLAN folder from the zip? I just copy n pasted it to /System/Library/Extensions, please just tell me if this is right :ihw_wow:

I also tried your forcedeth 0.3 with the method told by you.

Also tried turnind of sleep-functions, at all ... no success.

I'm a OSX/BSD noob, only know Windows.

Discussion of nForceLAN should occur in the nForceLAN thread. This thread is for planetbeing's forcedeth.kext driver. That said. There are a number of reasons why you computer might be unstable. First, make sure all copies of forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernet.kext are removed from /System/Library/Extension/ . You can then install the nForceLAN.kext using any kext installer (I recommend UInstaller from http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48 . Also, since you are running on an AMD I recommend upgrading to 10.5.6 (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=143434). Make sure to install the Voodoo XNU kernel

Thanks for the fast reply. I think I will try the kext+installer, and if this doesn't help I'll reinstall with 10.5.6. Thanks again! This Forum is awesome!

EDIT: eno you made my week! YAY I'm surfing with DSL 6000 for more than 35 minutes and still tiping now, NO freeze, thanks to your explanation!! THANK YOU!!! I'll look for an "How can I help insanelymac?"-thread. Yeeeha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

msi-k9n69m2 (ms7309) mobo

nividia geforce mcp61p + nforce 430 chipset

1 sata 250 seagate

1 external 500 wd

1 ide 160 wd

1 Lite-on DVD multi

1 Lite-on Cd-rw

1 external LG Super Multi DVD-ram

Alright, I've spent many hours working on this. I'm tryin to get ethernet on my hackintosh to work, obviously.

I dl the last updated file, i ran all the commands successfully.. well to a point. When i run the loadkext command it goes through, it pops up sayin mac has found a new network interface.. and then the computer stops responding to mouse or keyboard input. The little button you click to go to network preferences still flashes blue, for a short time, and the time keeps up to date.. also for a short time. After a short time, the computer freezes and then I have to reboot.

I would post the output but I have no chance to save it because of its none responsiveness. The last bit of output it shows is finding of nforce4 lan, the mac address, and the phy thing.. then it just says data underrun about 5 times before freezing. any help would be greatly appreciated. My friend just put kalyway on his laptop, we just got his wifi working and it was exciting. Now i've damned determined to get my ethernet, and soon wifi working as well. Right now i'm just focused on ethernet.. 

With a working ethernet ,wifi and usb my install will be perfect. that is , none of those are working as of now.. anyways.. peace

EDIT:

Alright, I actually took the time to read about my post and saw that someone was haveing the same exact issue. I downloaded the new driver and am in the process of trying it out.. i will post my results in the thread about that particular driver

• 1 month later...

Tried all 3 of the .zip's up on the front page and all of them return the exact same thing. I checked the info.plist's for all of the kexts and they all have 0x037310DE so I couldn't tell you why it's not working.

This is on an nForce 570 Asus M2N-E (no, not SLI), and I've been told it works on this motherboard if you use forcedeth-nockd.kext. (For what it's worth Dev ID = 01DE, Vendor ID = 0373 (0x037310de))

Rumor also has it that the forcedeth_Fix_PHYError.zip that has been kicking around works on the M2N-E but the rapidshare link that was posted in this forum has had its download limit exceeded, so hopefully someone in the forum may be able to post it. (FOUND in the Italian forum, look at the bottom of post. Hopefully this is the one everyone is so excited about.)

Thanks for your help.

Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0x8239 opened.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xFE02A000 of length 4096.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x412d9000, tx at 0x412d9400, wired at 0x23070000.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:18:F3:A3:35:09.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:18:f3:a3:35:09
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: output, seg: 1/1, demand ck: 0, start: a0000155, end: a0000155 - 0
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Done with packet with flags 2000015a
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e
Apr  1 10:04:35: --- last message repeated 2998 times ---
Apr  1 10:04:35 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e

forcedeth_Fix_PHYError.zip

forcedeth.kext has been made obsolete by nForceLAN. You can find the new extension in the LAN and Wireless forum.

Tried all 3 of the .zip's up on the front page and all of them return the exact same thing. I checked the info.plist's for all of the kexts and they all have 0x037310DE so I couldn't tell you why it's not working.

This is on an nForce 570 Asus M2N-E (no, not SLI), and I've been told it works on this motherboard if you use forcedeth-nockd.kext. (For what it's worth Dev ID = 01DE, Vendor ID = 0373 (0x037310de))

Rumor also has it that the forcedeth_Fix_PHYError.zip that has been kicking around works on the M2N-E but the rapidshare link that was posted in this forum has had its download limit exceeded, so hopefully someone in the forum may be able to post it. (FOUND in the Italian forum, look at the bottom of post. Hopefully this is the one everyone is so excited about.)

Thanks for your help.

Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: WARNING - your nVidia device 0x10DE:0x0373 is not known to work. Continuing anyway...
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0373, subsystem 0x1043:0x8239 opened.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xFE02A000 of length 4096.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x412d9000, tx at 0x412d9400, wired at 0x23070000.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:18:F3:A3:35:09.
Apr  1 10:04:04 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:18:f3:a3:35:09
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: output, seg: 1/1, demand ck: 0, start: a0000155, end: a0000155 - 0
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: Done with packet with flags 2000015a
Apr  1 10:04:05 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e
Apr  1 10:04:35: --- last message repeated 2998 times ---
Apr  1 10:04:35 htpcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: forcedeth: packet 80000000 - 8000062e

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, :D i have successfully installed Kalyway-10.5.2 DVD-intel-AMD,

on my pc, many thanks. ever since somebody stole my mac pro, i could never pay

that price again.i have sound and usb's working and i have already installed my logic pro 7.2

and it works perfectly normal, but i have been unlucky with internet.so please

can somebody help me with internet, just a step by step instructions relating to

my system device.my pc dual boot just fine, i have windows vista running on another partition, and everything is perfectly normal there.what tricks me is how could my Logic Pro read my

midi keyboard cause i haven't installed my keyboard drive yet :huh: .one more question,

if i buy a legit Leopard, will it be possible to install it over the Patched one.

well i followed your instructions, and everytime i try this message

comes up ;)

" WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss

or the deletion of important system files.

Please double-check your

typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort".

i have copied your sudo commands exactly as they are and paste

the commands in my terminal window, i paste line by line and this warning keeps

coming up.please help. :(

Cheers!

Motherboard-socket AM2-KN9 Ultra

hard drive-Hitachi HDT25040VLA SCSi Disk Device

display adapters-radeon x1650 Series

ATA contrllers:Nvidia nforce Serial ATA controller

network adapters:Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

and Nvidia nforce Networking controller.

processors:AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 dual Core 4200+

Memory:2 GB

Realteck High definition Audio.

32bit operating system.

rating windows experience:5.0

• 2 weeks later...

i tried loading the forcedeth kext, but i keep getting this error:"extension forcedeth.kext does not contain code for this architecture administrators-macpro31:desktop admin$".i tried all three different forcedeth kext.i have installed kalyway 10.5.2 on partition 2, and my vista is running on partition 1 of my hardrive.everything works, sound, usb and videos, i am just unfortunate with the internet so far.i also have belkini wireless usb, its so unstable, it only worked twice after that never, i managed to get it working with zydas drivers, but now is dead, and i need something stable.i have a cable that i want to use for internet instead of my wireless usb.my leopard shows i have no airport, i don't if this might be the problem and in my plist it shows the path as en0.i just hope that i provided enough information about my OS, so you can help me out in finding solutions.

Cheer!

my system:vista 32 bit operating system

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 4200+

display adpters:radeon x1650 series

network:nvidia nforce 10/100/1000 mbps ethernet

network:Belkini wireless G usb network adapter

controllers:nvidia nforce serial ata controller

system device:nvidia nforce PCI system management.

• 4 weeks later...
i tried loading the forcedeth kext, but i keep getting this error:"extension forcedeth.kext does not contain code for this architecture administrators-macpro31:desktop admin$".i tried all three different forcedeth kext.i have installed kalyway 10.5.2 on partition 2, and my vista is running on partition 1 of my hardrive.everything works, sound, usb and videos, i am just unfortunate with the internet so far.i also have belkini wireless usb, its so unstable, it only worked twice after that never, i managed to get it working with zydas drivers, but now is dead, and i need something stable.i have a cable that i want to use for internet instead of my wireless usb.my leopard shows i have no airport, i don't if this might be the problem and in my plist it shows the path as en0.i just hope that i provided enough information about my OS, so you can help me out in finding solutions.

Cheer!

my system:vista 32 bit operating system

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 4200+

display adpters:radeon x1650 series

network:nvidia nforce 10/100/1000 mbps ethernet

network:Belkini wireless G usb network adapter

controllers:nvidia nforce serial ata controller

system device:nvidia nforce PCI system management.

Try installing nForceLAN.kext using OSx86 Tools (what I used on my P5N-EM HDMI with the nForce 630i chipset doing a triple of 7 RC Ultimate/Kubuntu 9.04/iAtkos 51 updated via iDeneb Combo Update to 10.5.7, all 64-bit). Internet is dead-stable (just as stable as in either Kubuntu or 7), and thanks to my digging up a USB 4-port PCI card from my spare-parts bin, the only hardware that *doesn't* work in all three OSes (internal hardware, that is) is my X-Fi (which is not supported in Leopard, of course).

HP DeskJet 940C (USB): Works OOTB

Logitech Communicate STX (USB): Works in iChat OOTB; have not tried in YM for Mac (which works otherwise)

HIS Radeon HD3450 256 MB PCIe: Works somewhat using combo of x2000/Natit (resolution tops at 1400x1050, no CI or QE)

Onboard audio: Works using VoodooHDA

Onboard LAN: Works (using nForceLAN.kext from the first post in this topic)

Onboard SATA: Works using NForceATA (despite complaint about AHCI port driver); with AHCI mode set in BIOS. IDE mode does not work.

Onboard IDE/PATA: Works using PCGenericATA.kext (included as plugin with IOATAFamily.kext); for some odd reason, the 630i's PATA port does NOT use NForceATA.kext, even when present.

• 3 weeks later...

My device ID is 0269 10DE,after installing the driver in the post,my network card works correctly,but just in ipv4.

So,my question is does the driver support ipv6? In my case,it can not detect ipv6 address automatically,but in windows it can.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Im new to the hole mac on pc thing. I tryed all of the files here but none of them work, and they all give the same error. here is my log, can some one please help me? Thank you.

Log:

Jul 8 13:39:31 Tri-con-macpro31 kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:1F:C6:BC:DA:2A.

Jul 8 13:39:31 Tri-con-macpro31 kernel[0]: forcedeth: Could not find a valid PHY.

Jul 8 13:39:31 tri-con-macpro31 kernel[0]: forcedeth: Stopping

Does any one know why i it cand find a valid PHY?

i am useing iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

My pc specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI

Chipset: Nvidia nForce560 SLI

AMD Phenon quad core 2.6GHZ

Ps: I have been looking all around for a solution but i cant find one. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you,

Triconick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not having any luck with this. Could you please have a quick look at my log, below? Note that I tried using just 'forcedeth.kext' first, with similar results to using 'forcedeth-nockd.kext'. Note also that I posted absolutely everything log entry, as I didn't know what was important/unimportant.

Last login: Mon Jul 27 04:45:36 on console

aa-fdsafdss-macpro31:~ aafdsafds$ tail -f /var/log/system.log

Jul 27 04:45:47 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 iCal Helper[128]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:45:47 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=131[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Jul 27 04:45:47 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 mdworker[131]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:45:48 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=132[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Jul 27 04:45:48 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 mdworker[132]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:45:49 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 backupd-helper[133]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:46:23 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 TextEdit[135]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:46:27 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 AppleSpell[136]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:46:34 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 Terminal[138]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:46:35 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 login[139]: USER_PROCESS: 139 ttys000

Jul 27 04:46:58 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 login[150]: USER_PROCESS: 150 ttys001

Jul 27 04:47:48 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 sudo[161]: aafdsafds : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/aafdsafds/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/sbin/chown -R root:wheel forcedeth-nockd.kext

Jul 27 04:48:04 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 sudo[162]: aafdsafds : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/aafdsafds/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/chmod -R 755 forcedeth-nockd.kext

Jul 27 04:48:21 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 sudo[163]: aafdsafds : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/aafdsafds/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/kextload -v forcedeth-nockd.kext

Jul 27 04:49:03 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 com.apple.launchd[95] (0x109810.Locum[164]): Exited: Terminated

Jul 27 04:49:03 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 quicklookd[165]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

Jul 27 04:49:04 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=166[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Jul 27 04:49:45 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit[135]: Had to sleep for 200 milliseconds to clear transactions race for -102/(.TemporaryItems/folders.501/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit),(null))

Jul 27 04:50:17 aa-fdsafdss-macpro31 /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit[135]: Had to sleep for 200 milliseconds to clear transactions race for -102/(.TemporaryItems/folders.501/TemporaryItems/(A Document Being Saved By TextEdit),(null))

Thanks for any assistance.