Driver for nForce4 LAN

planetbeing

765 posts in this topic

I just reinstalled OS X onto my home computer this weekend. I had been running 10.4.9 a while back before I blew it away (thought there was a problem when there wasn't oh well)

When I loaded up iDeneb 10.5.4 I had a problem with network connectivity where anytime I'd download a large file, or pushed high speeds I would get either a deadlock or a KP.

Actually took me a second to realize what the problem was because I never had a problem with the forcedeth drivers on Tiger but did have problems with SATA etc. LOL

Anyway, to make a long story short I tried three different drivers last night (and was prepared to install an Intel PRO 1000 GT if none of them worked) and the one found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;p=884640 was the one that worked for me. (It's in one of the middle posts, a file on rapidshare called "FIle.zip")

It's interesting because it seems like a driver that might work for one person may not work for another.

Anyway, this was the one that worked for me. Good luck guys.

Please, the help is necessary to me. I have mobo m2n-e sli in it have a network card lan nvidia (attansic f1). Help please, I want that she has earned... Is also d-link dfe-520tx which too does not wish to work where to take drivers/

Hi guys sorta new to this tuff but i can't get the forcedeth driver to work

i install it but when i run the third command in the list it frezzes up

Mobo is a P5N32e-SLI Plus, Lan should be a MCP55

any help?

P.S.

I have a intel Pro/100+ card that i can use but i can't find any drivers ;)

The nForce4 driver uses descriptor frames that are too small for the MCP55 and newer so it won't work with you card. Try the new version of the nForce driver I posted this morning ;). It works (more or less) perfectly with the MCP55.

This is for all the people who are struggling with their ethernet card "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller"

I have mentioned the link on which I have posted a step by step approach in order to get the ethernet to work in leopard. You can check the same by following the link mentioned below:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry894159

(Guess I am too lazy to write down all the steps again hence mentioning the link)

Hopefully the method should work which I followed.

Snake!!!!!

Snake!!!!!

Snaaakkkkeeeee!!!!

(Play Metal Gear Solid 4 if you havent still)

I need more testers for my modified version of planetbeing's nForce LAN driver. So far it has been found to work with the MCP55 and MCP61 but it should work with any device that is supported by the linux forcedeth driver (nForce1 -> MCP79). The driver has sleep/wake support and does not require the use of the cpus=1 boot option.

You can check out the driver at:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125569

Hello, Pleace tell me what is making my network start to work (Now i can connect to other computer.) when i install this:

Leo_Patch.pkg from the dvd Leo4allv4.1 AMD

Whith content: . AppleACPIPlatform.kext

. AppleAHCIPort.kext

. AppleAPIC.kext

. AppleSMBIOS.kext

. IOAHCIFamily.kext

. IOAHCIFamily.kext

When i install the complete .pkg my natit 2.0 dual isn't working anymore.

Need only the kext for network connecting

I installed Zephyroth Leopard OSx86 10.5.2-EFI [AMD ONLY] on my A8N-E SLI Series

Thank you.

I need more testers for my modified version of planetbeing's nForce LAN driver. So far it has been found to work with the MCP55 and MCP61 but it should work with any device that is supported by the linux forcedeth driver (nForce1 -> MCP79). The driver has sleep/wake support and does not require the use of the cpus=1 boot option.

omfg it works with my msi k9n ultra! thanks a lot!

This is for all the people who are struggling with their ethernet card "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller"

I have mentioned the link on which I have posted a step by step approach in order to get the ethernet to work in leopard. You can check the same by following the link mentioned below:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry894159

(Guess I am too lazy to write down all the steps again hence mentioning the link)

Hopefully the method should work which I followed.

Snake!!!!!

Snake!!!!!

Snaaakkkkeeeee!!!!

(Play Metal Gear Solid 4 if you havent still)

Thank you!! AlSnow!! my lan now works :)

Thanks! It works on my MCP73 board.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all ! Iam with MCP61 LAN card and Iam asking for your help. So i followed the instructions and when i install it the Mac Os just freeze and i cant do anything. When i restart the PC and start Mac with -v it shows that it has found the Nvidia Lan card.

But it dont start the Mac , it just shows " disk01 : Data underrun ". Please someone help me ... :P

Hello, everyone! I have such problem with my LAN. I cannot connect to Internet through PPPoE. It says "Could not find PPPoE Server". I have nForce chipset based Ethernet card and it seems to be working (i installed its driver :hysterical: ). Please, can anyone help me? May be someone had such problem before?

Hello, i have problem that MenuMeter dont show traffic information. I email to author of Menumetter and he said:

MenuMeters uses standard kernel interfaces for network data. Your

"hackintosh" apparently doesn't report the data correctly. This is probably

an indication that the network driver you're using isn't properly supporting

kernel requests for the data.

Can you fix this bug? thx

• 2 weeks later...

Got the driver working for the onboard LAN on the Biostar TF7025-M2. Chipset is MCP67, and I had to manually add the deviceid (054c10de, for those keeping score at home) to the info.plist of forcedeth-nockd.kext. Was pretty crashy at first, but after disabling IPv6 it seems relatively stable. Will report back if I get more crashes.

Thanks very much to planetbeing and everyone else who's worked on this!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have a problem.

I've managed to get stable internet connection with the forcedeth 0.61.2 driver, only the torrents dont work!

OSX is completely stable, it can run for days, I use FF, Yahoo mesenger, Safari... etc, but when I start Vuze or Transmission, my computer freezes almoust instantly, within a minute or two :thumbsup_anim:

I've tried reducing download speed from 700 kbps to 500, 400, even 200 kbps, nothing helped.

Does anybody have a suggestion, I dont know what else could I do? This is the only thing that doesnt work on my hackintosh, based on DFI nf4 AM2 board and AMD CPU...

TIA

Hi

I have an

ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 Mobo

with iDeneb 1.3

Have tried 0.3 forcedeth....

Once I have entered the last line into terminal and hit enter (sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext), the "found new ethernet interface" pops up but I lose mouse and keyboard and it seems like a system freeze. The thing is, the graphic blue pulsating light-dim background of one of the buttons is still animating, and when I pulled a piece of hardware out, it removed from the task bar so I am pretty sure it is actually not a freeze or a kernel, just losing mouse and keyboard functionality.

Any ideas as what to try next?

Cheers

Dougie

Hi

I have an

ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 Mobo

with iDeneb 1.3

Have tried 0.3 forcedeth....

Once I have entered the last line into terminal and hit enter (sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext), the "found new ethernet interface" pops up but I lose mouse and keyboard and it seems like a system freeze. The thing is, the graphic blue pulsating light-dim background of one of the buttons is still animating, and when I pulled a piece of hardware out, it removed from the task bar so I am pretty sure it is actually not a freeze or a kernel, just losing mouse and keyboard functionality.

Any ideas as what to try next?

Cheers

Dougie

Try the non-sticky nForceLAN driver found on this forum.

Can you give me a link to the page where it is to save me scoring through 37 pages?!

Cheers

Dougie

its currently at the top of the non-stickies: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=152

Guys, I have a problem.

I've managed to get stable internet connection with the forcedeth 0.61.2 driver, only the torrents dont work!

OSX is completely stable, it can run for days, I use FF, Yahoo mesenger, Safari... etc, but when I start Vuze or Transmission, my computer freezes almoust instantly, within a minute or two :star_sunglasses:

I've tried reducing download speed from 700 kbps to 500, 400, even 200 kbps, nothing helped.

Does anybody have a suggestion, I dont know what else could I do? This is the only thing that doesnt work on my hackintosh, based on DFI nf4 AM2 board and AMD CPU...

TIA

That is really odd. Do torrents work ok for you in other oses?

BTW, nForceLAN discussion should be moved to that forum and there is a newer version (0.62.3n).

Hello all,

yesterday I installed my first Mac OSX, Leo4All 4.1 version. Configuration of my PC is this:

AMD 64X2 6000+

MSI K9N SLI Platinum with nForce 570

2x Gigabit LAN with Vitesse chipset(if i remember correctly its VCS-8601 or so)

ATI HD3870

SATA HDD

After some customizing(setting of sound and graphics drivers, let default 9.5 kernel and chose network to forcedeth-v, where is writen something like "recomended for nforce") the instalation finished succesfully, everything works except network.

Between PC and router I have Zyxel switch, which should prove, that no configuration is needed and IP configuration will go automaticaly thru DHCP(at least on WinXP it works like that). So I chose automatic configuration thru DHCP in the System preferences, DNS left empty, as well as other things. But It says, it cannot retrieve ip address and tell me to define that manually. So I set the configuration manually as: IP 192.168.1.33, DNS 192.168.1.2, mask 255.255.255.0 and router IP as 192.168.1.1. After clicking Continue button, it writes Configuring... and after a while shows error.

Please, does someone know, where can be the problem and how to handle that? Or is my network card unsupported on Mac OS-X?