Driver for nForce4 LAN

planetbeing

765 posts in this topic

Hey,

I loaded the module and everything loads fine. However i get nothing in the logs besides for the sudo messages.

SSo i don't really have any logs to post?

Any ideas?

Audit: Please be more specific, it is very difficult to say something about your problem without knowing the following:

- Your DEVICE ID (and more details about your motherboard);

- Which module you loaded (in this thread there are a few for download);

- Do you get a MAC address? What about PHY?

- Did you set your DHCP to "DHCP with manual address"?

- Did you disable IPv6?

- Did you turn off the computer and disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds before trying again?

After checking the points above, please post the info and we may be able to help.

Cheers,

D.

Thanks, I have the same problem that is faced by, fibblescan and Mr. Bond

--> I have a XFX 650i Ultra Motherbaord.

--> I used the download attachment in the first post of this thread, I believe that is the latest, please link me if I am wrong.

--> No, it does not even show a Ethernet adapter detected so there is no chance for a mac address to be shown or naything else.

--> Again, no ethernet adapter detected so no where to select anything.

- Did you disable IPv6?

--> Same as above.

- Did you turn off the computer and disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds before trying again?

--> Yes, no luck.

To clarify let me explain what is happening in my case.

I load the driver with the exact commands and instructions shown in the post. The driver loads without any error, however the log window ONLY shows the sudo commands being executed and nothing what so ever about the ethernet card or the driver.

Thats it, I don't get a ethernet driver detected, anything. The system seems to not change at all what so ever.

Thanks, I have the same problem that is faced by, fibblescan and Mr. Bond

--> I have a XFX 650i Ultra Motherbaord.

--> I used the download attachment in the first post of this thread, I believe that is the latest, please link me if I am wrong.

--> No, it does not even show a Ethernet adapter detected so there is no chance for a mac address to be shown or naything else.

--> Again, no ethernet adapter detected so no where to select anything.

- Did you disable IPv6?

--> Same as above.

--> Yes, no luck.

To clarify let me explain what is happening in my case.

I load the driver with the exact commands and instructions shown in the post. The driver loads without any error, however the log window ONLY shows the sudo commands being executed and nothing what so ever about the ethernet card or the driver.

Thats it, I don't get a ethernet driver detected, anything. The system seems to not change at all what so ever.

Ok. So your chipset is nForce 650i ultra.

Using the package you downloaded and assuming you extracted the contents to your Desktop, do the following:

cd ~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release
sudo chown -R root:wheel forcedeth-nockd.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 forcedeth-nockd.kext
sudo kextload -v forcedeth-nockd.kext

Please report what happens.

Hi, for those who, like me, got an mcp61 eth (0x03EF/0x10DE) and can't get it to work, i've patched the original forcedeth source code to correctly grep mac address from the card. Also, i've changed some code in order to get the eth working without cold/soft boot, re-boot in linux, windows etc. I'm sure this WORK on an ASRock 939NF6G-VSTA motherboard.

In the attachment there is the source code and in the Build/Debug/ you should find the forcedeth-nockd.kext ready for use (well, you should change ownership and permission, but that is common routine :angel: )

Note: code is a real mess :censored2: . Clean-up & update to the latest version is needed.

Regards, Domenico.

Hi thank you for the hard work !

So only forcedeth-nockd.kext is working in the /Build/Debug/ for the mcp61 ? There's tons of files and i'm not really sure if this is the correct one....

Also, could you add 0x03EF10DE in the IOPCIPrimaryMatch tag in the next release please ?

Thanks

Alex

weird problem: im using forcedeth.kext from post #1, leo boots, card is recognized and i can browse websites, so everything seems to work. but when i've got more traffic the system freezes - 'you have to restart your computer'. Anyone had similar problems or a fix for that? specs in my sig.

hey there guys, thanx for efforts on the driver... just couple of questions...

i have asus p5n32-e sli mobo nforce 680i chipset...

dual nvidia gigabit lans.... 037310de and forcedeth finds them both but says they dont known to work, and in network settings, i can see the mac addresses but cant work, saying cable is not connected ... means it s not working i beleive... is there any work 0373? or anyway to make it work?

thanx in advance for any help...

Hi thank you for the hard work !

So only forcedeth-nockd.kext is working in the /Build/Debug/ for the mcp61 ? There's tons of files and i'm not really sure if this is the correct one....

Yes, just pick the forcedeth-nockd.kext file.

Also, could you add 0x03EF10DE in the IOPCIPrimaryMatch tag in the next release please ?

Thanks

Alex

Mine was just a temoprary fix to get my eth working, i'm not planning to work on the forcedeth driver, sorry :unsure:

(I don't know if i am correct, but i think that monsieur D should be working on this driver...)

weird problem: im using forcedeth.kext from post #1, leo boots, card is recognized and i can browse websites, so everything seems to work. but when i've got more traffic the system freezes - 'you have to restart your computer'. Anyone had similar problems or a fix for that? specs in my sig.

Yes, i've noticed this issue too. However, this happens only in leopard. Imho, the driver should be:

1) updated with the latest linux forcedeth changes.

2) rewrited by using the nve freebsd code as a base (note: this isn't "porting" the driver, but write a new one!)

Both ways can be done, and although the second seems a little "crazy" i think that should be the best way to have a perfectly working driver...

I'll try the second way in my spare time, but my primary focus remains on fixing the nforce sata chipset driver, so don't count on it...

Regards, Domenico.

@tomnic: Please, let us know what hardware you're using and what version of Leopard.

Thanks.

D.

ASRock 939NF6G-VSTA, nForce 430 (MCP61), Leopard Gold + personalized brazilmac patch (working on an italian iso...).

dual nvidia gigabit lans.... 037310de and forcedeth finds them both but says they dont known to work, and in network settings, i can see the mac addresses but cant work, saying cable is not connected ... means it s not working i beleive... is there any work 0373? or anyway to make it work?

Same thing happens here: EVGA 680i SLi

Currently I am working on getting the nForce 680 chipset to work (Marvell 88E1116, 0373).

Using the linux source code provided by nVidia and the some of the Forcedeth source code I ended up with a working driver for this platform. I still need to tie up some lose ends but I will post the driver shortly. (prob. this weekend...)

Remember though that it's still very buggy!

Cheers! :)

Currently I am working on getting the nForce 680 chipset to work (Marvell 88E1116, 0373).

Using the linux source code provided by nVidia and the some of the Forcedeth source code I ended up with a working driver for this platform. I still need to tie up some lose ends but I will post the driver shortly. (prob. this weekend...)

Remember though that it's still very buggy!

Cheers! :(

Oh god thank you. I've had awful luck with third party NICs and USB adapters and junk. It would be awesome if I could get (even a buggy) work around. I'm more than happy to beta test for you :)

Currently I'm getting internet through firewire sharing from my MacBook =P

Ok, driver for Marvell 88E1116 posted here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry518000

Good luck, hope it works for you!

(this is not the forcedeth driver, so if the forcedeth works for you, stick with it. Although the framework of the forcedeth driver is used but it is specifically designed for the 88E1116 chipset using the nVidia documentation and source code)

Mike.

Hello,

I have nForce 430 (Device ID 0269) on Asus M2NPV-VM and it doesn't work. :D I tried most of the drivers from the forum. The forcedeth.kext (and all variations of it) loads successfully, detects the MAC address, but says "Network link down" and the light on the LAN port turns off. The last kext I tried was forcedeth_nock_fixed.zip.

Here's my config: "tubgirl 10.4.10 for AMD with SSE3" running on

MB: M2NPV-VM (with built-in LAN and GPU)

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (working, dual-core detected)

GPU: GeForce 6150

LAN: nForce 430 Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY (NOT WORKING!!!)

Has anybody succeeded to make this onboard LAN of this motherboard work? I would greatly appreciate any help! :)

Thank you!

Hello,

I have nForce 430 (Device ID 0269) on Asus M2NPV-VM and it doesn't work. :( I tried most of the drivers from the forum. The forcedeth.kext (and all variations of it) loads successfully, detects the MAC address, but says "Network link down" and the light on the LAN port turns off. The last kext I tried was forcedeth_nock_fixed.zip.

Here's my config: "tubgirl 10.4.10 for AMD with SSE3" running on

MB: M2NPV-VM (with built-in LAN and GPU)

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (working, dual-core detected)

GPU: GeForce 6150

LAN: nForce 430 Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY (NOT WORKING!!!)

Has anybody succeeded to make this onboard LAN of this motherboard work? I would greatly appreciate any help! :)

Thank you!

Success report!!! :)

I got my nForce 430 WORKING!!! (Device ID 0269 on Asus M2NPV-VM)

Thanks to MikeInNs and his driver (called nForceEthernetController.kext), now it's working perfectly with the onboard LAN.

For all of you who have the same motherboard M2NPV-VM, try using the driver from MikeInNs's forum here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry518000

In my case, I only had to change the Device ID to mine (0x026910DE) in the file Info.plist, and after turning the PC off for a minute without power supply when I rebooted - the LAN was ON and working!

I am so happy!! After a week of trying so many drivers and settings, finally the onboard LAN works!

I believe MikeInNs will update the source code of the driver with my device ID soon, so that you can use it directly without modification.

Thank you, MikeInNs! :)

And good luck to the others with the same motherboard M2NPV-VM,

Petrakito.

does this work for nforce 3? i have tried using the the forcedeth driver install in terminal and it did not work. i have an nvidia nforce3 10/100 ethernet chipset when i did install it the entire computer froze and i could only move my mouse. any help would be very nice.

Hey guys I just got Leopard working except for my internet and audio so I'm looking to get it running I know I have nforce lan my chipset is 410/430 here is my log from my failed attempt at installing the newest version of this kext.

Dec  3 23:45:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=365[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:46:12 Macintosh login[366]: USER_PROCESS: 366 ttys000

Dec  3 23:46:21 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=377[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:46:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:46:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=379[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:47:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:47:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=380[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:48:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=383[lssave] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:48:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:48:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=384[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:49:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:49:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=386[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:50:04 Macintosh login[388]: USER_PROCESS: 388 ttys001

Dec  3 23:50:32 Macintosh sudo[398]: kylemcdowell : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/kylemcdowell/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/sbin/chown -R root:wheel forcedeth.kext

Dec  3 23:50:33 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=399[mdworker] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:50:42 Macintosh sudo[400]: kylemcdowell : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/kylemcdowell/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/chmod -R 755 forcedeth.kext

Dec  3 23:50:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:50:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=401[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:50:52 Macintosh sudo[402]: kylemcdowell : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/kylemcdowell/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/kextload -v forcedeth.kext

Dec  3 23:51:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:51:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=403[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:52:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:52:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=407[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:53:18 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[133] (com.apple.NetworkDiagnostics[409]): Check-in of Mach service failed. Already active: com.apple.NetworkDiagnostic.agent

Dec  3 23:53:47 Macintosh com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.dyld): Throttling respawn: Will start in 60 seconds

Dec  3 23:53:48 Macintosh kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=410[update_dyld_shar] clearing CS_VALID

Dec  3 23:54:02 Macintosh Terminal[345]: *** -[NSCFString characterAtIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds

Dec  3 23:54:18: --- last message repeated 6 times ---

Dec  3 23:54:18 Macintosh login[388]: DEAD_PROCESS: 388 ttys001

If anyone could tell me how to edit this driver with my own device codes or however it is I would really appreciate it I'm dying to run Leopard.

He my compiuter freezes after browsing in internet ? how i can solve problem?

SSE2 amd +3000 x64

nforce 4 (NEO3)

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4a

?

Same problem here. If anyone comes up with a solution, please share. :(

Thank you for Planetbeing, Puppydawg and Aein. Really you people have done a tremendous job to get rid of 169 IP problem.

* I saw the post mentioning to power OFF for 30 secs. But didn't get a clue to power OFF what. So powered OFF the router for 30 secs by mistake :P

* Then came to the understading and powered down my PC. Unplugged the power cable of my PC. Waited for 30 secs. Then plugged it back in.

It worked. Hurray.... :angel:

I uploaded the ZIP file to which I used to force my LAN.

Steps that I followed.

* Copied the forcedeth-nockd from the zip file. Dragged it to /System?Library/Extension

* It asked me for authentication, so gave the password which I had set for my username

* Opened a terminal and then did this command - cd /volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions

* Then this command - sudo -s

* Then entered the PWD

* Then did this command - " chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *

* Then navigated to /volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions using finder and deleted Extensions.mkext

* Then powered down my Hackintosh

* Plugged out the power cable of my PC, waited for 30 secs to avoid 169 allocation by DHCP

* Plugged the powercable back to the PC

* Entered the boot string as -f -v -legacy

* After doing this I had to force the IP address for my PC in "network" under "system preferences"

* Then clicked on Assist Me on the same window. Then clicked on Diagnostics and found that the internet is up

* Then opened Safari and I am having a go and pasting these notes for any assistance if it could

My mobo is K8NGM2-L

1280 MB DDR 333 MHZ

250 GB IDE - Secondary with Leo and Tiger on it

80 GB IDE with Windows XP on it

AMD 64 Athlon 3000+ (Venice)

forcedeth6100.zip