Driver for nForce4 LAN

planetbeing

765 posts in this topic

Hi

I have Asus A8N4-E SE

I have problems

family specific matching fails

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0057, subsystem 0x1043:0x8141 opened.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xD0000000 of length 4096.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x292d0000, tx at 0x292d0400, wired at 0x14c5d000.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:15:F2:9D:97:CC.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Could not find a valid PHY.

Apr 12 17:46:01 Macintosh kernel[0]: forcedeth: Stopping

What to me to do?

Buy Intel Network card ? )

OK, I tried to install the Kext following the directions and I got errors and no network.  I am new the *nix world, and this is the first major time using OSX, is there something I am doing wrong?.  My log should be attached.

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4-f

Chipset: nforce4

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Sandiego core (SSE3 support)

RAM: 1GB

Video: Nvidia 7100GS

Saved_Terminal_Output.txt

Tail_Log.txt

I need help with getting my Ethernet working properly. I believe I can get it working with forcedeth-nockd.kext, everytime I try it it picks up Network Settings picks up the Built-in Ethernet and Network Settings but not ISP or Internet.

Same results for me, though I use forcedeth-d.kext

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

i have an asus a8v-x motherboard with a realtek8201 chip lan.

i tried all the kext of the forcedeth folder, and noone works :hysterical:

i also modified the Info.plist to have my VEN/DEV card in

i remplaced the string in Info.plist by 0x11063065 witch is concur with this :

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV3065

another time with 0x30651106

is there a mistake ? I missed a stape ? cause it's still doesn't work.

thanks

Tried any forcedeth.kext for my 03EF:10DE network adapter... is there any chance to get this working??? Everything seems fine, but I cannot ping my gateway, so no internet connection...

MoBo is an Asrock 939NF6G-VSTA, based on the nForce MCP61 chipset... any suggestion???

Edit: If I use DHCP settings I don't get the right IP address, in the range I use in my network... apparently wrong MAC address is assigned, ec:03:01:66:19:00, the correct one in windows is reversed, i.e. 00:19:66:01:03... any way to fix this??? Recompiling?

I just got my nForce networking working (devID 0269). I custom-compiled a new driver just for 0269 machines. Anyone feel free to try it out. But be sure to unplug your computer for 30 seconds before you use it. :D

Thanks. It works. I don't understand, what you mean: "unplug your computer"... Unplug from where? As I read later, I found: "unplug from power".

I'll try with original nForce driver with fixed devID in Info.plist. Your build has very windy system.log output.

Updated: Original nForce driver working well with adding proper devID. If I boot to windows/linux, then I need to powerdown my PC. Otherwise, I can reboot PC so times as I want :(

Im using a asus M2N and all I get is the link down (no link and activity light as well).

I've tried all the different drivers out here, but no luck.

Id would 0x037310DE , which is also in one of the kext's out here ...

ifconfig -a is showing:

media: autoselect (<unkown type>) status: inactive

This wont change into something else when I configure the card manually ...

I have Marvell Yukon and Nvidia's dual-lan how do I know which 1 im using ?

Thank you for this driver...

But I've got one problem. The normal forcedeth.kext doesn't work for me. So I used the forcedeth-knockd.kext.

This kext works with my card. But now my system.log is getting bigger and bigger because of so much debugging messages!

Is there any way to stop this?

:)

It realy works fine for me.

I use your howto and then I had to configure my Internet conection, restart my moden, click in ok, and Voila!

Is working right now

and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

My info:

ECS nForce 3 250

AMD Semprom 3100+ 64 bits, SSE2, SSE3

1GB mem DDR

Mac 10.4.8 (one of JaS DVD with intel and AMD support)

onboard sound

onboard LAN

NVIDIA FX 5500 - 256mb

Thank you very much, amigo! :D

I have M2N-MX Motherboard by ASUStec, with onboard nVIDIA MCP61 Lan Controller and just can't configure this lan. I've installed the forcedeth from the first page of this topic and it seemed to recognize it. However adter rebooting the system i've bump into the same problev - Mac says the the LAN cable is not plugged in, and that's all.

Have no idea what to do :rolleyes:

Well my mobo has dual-lan and I dont know which 1 is working I'm guessing probably both

Thanks. It works. I don't understand, what you mean: "unplug your computer"... Unplug from where? As I read later, I found: "unplug from power".

I'll try with original nForce driver with fixed devID in Info.plist. Your build has very windy system.log output.

Updated: Original nForce driver working well with adding proper devID. If I boot to windows/linux, then I need to powerdown my PC. Otherwise, I can reboot PC so times as I want ;)

Sorry im a noob

How do i locate my device id and then how do i change my device id.

Using an nforce 430 chipset, device says it works but i get no web,

it says i need to config my DHCP.

When i boot, the log says have have device 0269.

Just want to get this working.

Again I'm a noob and need some instructions.

THANKS TO ALL

@Colonel

I have the infamous nForce 680i MCP55 dueal Ethernet w/Marvell PHY and had troubles making it work in Linux too via the usual forcedeth module, i.e. the device was found but DHCP just didn't work.

I found out there is a solution, in Linux: you have to load the forcedeth module with the following options: msi=0 msix=0 - Zap! Problem gone.

I don't know almost anything about kextensions, so I wonder how these parameters can be passed to the driver you compiled.

Maybe this can help finally solve the 680i Ethernet problem...

Hi there.

I too have "the infamous nForce 680i MCP55 dual Ethernet w/Marvell PHY" as the last guy who posted named it :P

While I was trying to mod the driver, I found a little typo in source code of forcedeth.cpp at line 907

Original:

UInt32 valid[][2] = {{0x0057,0x10DE},{0x0037,0x10DE},{0x0038,0x10DE},{0x0056,0x10DE},{0x0057,0x10DE}
{0x0086,0x10DE},{0x008C,0x10DE},{0x00DF,0x10DE},{0x00E6,0x10DE},{0x0372,0x10DE},
0x037,0x310DE},{0,0}};

Correct:

UInt32 valid[][2] = {{0x0057,0x10DE},{0x0037,0x10DE},{0x0038,0x10DE},{0x0056,0x10DE},{0x0057,0x10DE}
{0x0086,0x10DE},{0x008C,0x10DE},{0x00DF,0x10DE},{0x00E6,0x10DE},{0x0372,0x10DE},
0x0373,0x10DE},{0,0}};

If you can't see the change...

in last bracket before {0,0} the ID was incorrectly split in 0x037,0x310DE obviously enough it should read 0x0373,0x10DE :thumbsup_anim:

For a little coincidence 0x0373,0x10DE is EXACTLY the hardware ID of nForce 680i MCP55, but correcting it didn't made it work :thumbsdown_anim:

OK, This whole LAN stuff is beginning to bother me. I have an nForce 430 southbridge. I installed forcedeth (though I haven't tried the one on the previous page) I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI board with a nForce 650i SLI northbride. Maybe its nForce 6 thats giving me problems...

I checked the manual, and it sais that I have a Marvell 88E1116 PHY (gigabit LAN of course) It also says that supports all NET2 network diagnostics.

First of all, does this driver even support my Gigabit LAN?

Second of all, if so, why is it not working? If not Is there one that exists for my LAN?

Im new at this i just installed osx86 but when i boot it hangs on "Forcedeth: Network link down" thats when my lan is unpluged it hangs when its pluged in too. i was worndering if forcedeth.zip would fix this problem and if it would how do i install it without being in the OS just being is a root command. thx you

system:

AMD 3800+ X2

Gforce 6800 256mb

1 gig OCZ ram

160 gig WD SE ata

Gigabit kn8- Sli Nforce4

OK, This whole LAN stuff is beginning to bother me. I have an nForce 430 southbridge. I installed forcedeth (though I haven't tried the one on the previous page) I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI board with a nForce 650i SLI northbride. Maybe its nForce 6 thats giving me problems...

I checked the manual, and it sais that I have a Marvell 88E1116 PHY (gigabit LAN of course) It also says that supports all NET2 network diagnostics.

First of all, does this driver even support my Gigabit LAN?

Second of all, if so, why is it not working? If not Is there one that exists for my LAN?

Forget it with your Asus P5N-E SLI Mobo, I finally had to install a RTL8139 PCI Net adapter. :thumbsup_anim:;)

OK, there clearly seems to be a large file transfer problem.

I have ADSL. If i use all bandwidth, after some time it will hang. It seems like it has to do with multiple connections, because download managers will cause lockup very fast, and this managers are using multiple streams. After the lockup only reboot helps, kext unload-load does not help.

Another problem is that after the manual disconnect, in order to connect to internet again, you have to do kext unload-load thing. In this case it will help.

Mobo is MSI K8N Neo4-F