Voodoo 9.5 Kernel Beta 1 Available Now

102 posts in this topic

I'm in the final stages of bugfixing for next beta.

NOTE: ONLY BUGS ON GOOGLE CODE ARE BEING FIXED!!

This is because I simply cannot scroll through all the different forums and threads trying to find bugs. SO IF YOU FOUND A BUG AND WANT IT FIXED, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE.

My Specs:

1.6GHz Intel Atom 230 HT

2GB of RAM

Intel D945GCLF mobo

Test 1 Sleep/Resume Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Works 100%, even goes to sleep when i leave it alone all the time now instead of random.

Test 2 Shutdown Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Mach shut down fine before but kernel fixed hang on reboot.

Test 3 Audio/Video performance Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Played videos while loading up the system, no stutters.

Test 4 eXecute Disable bit Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

This test worked as it was described.

accurately reflect XD support in your CPU? [X] Yes [_] No

Information correctly given.

Test 5 TSC stability Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

54749 08-10-10 08:34:56 24 0 0 679.7 UTC(NIST) *

54749 08-10-10 08:36:36 24 0 0 526.4 UTC(NIST) *

Hello MS,

Thanks again for the non stop development on this. Hopefully our friends who write this software will realize what an untapped marketplace they have on their hands here :)

I am an AMD 939 user and would be interested to see if the Linux based processor frequency scaling fix will be applied in the beta 2 release. I have,'t run the tests you provided yet (dumbass), but will try this over the weekend. However, from basic observations the kernel seems to work well.

Off topic, but does anyone have the problem where if they come out of sleep at least once, the machine does not shut down properly? Happens on my mates Intel quad.

Also, regarding OpenDSDT (please let me know if their are any non psy* variants) has anyone tried to use this to fix ACPI problems/inconsistencies? This would be really useful for those that have bugged out bios, like so many manufacturers like to release these days

Also regarding running vanilla + Boot132 on AMD K8, aren't their issues with certain kext (like the nvidia kexts) not working without modification on Nforce based mobo's?

I remember seeing a post by macgirl saying that you need to remove a massive string of code before the standard kexts will work on AMD/Nvidia Nforce boards, ie 3 and 4.

If someone can clarify what the hurdles will be running boot 132 on AMD with this new kernel it would be much appreciated.

Also if someone is already doing this, please let me know :) Many AMD users have been waiting a long time to use boot132. Would AMD need a modified version of chameleon?

So many questions but hopefully answers to them will help everyone here using AMD and Intel.

Cheers,

HC

phenom 9500 with ga-ma770-ds3 mobo

-force64 flag hangs boot after BSD root dis2s2

same as with toh and 9.4.0 stage xnu kernels

I'm the same. 

And do the same. If I use AppleNForceATA.kext, after returning from sleep, the system hangs. If I use AppleAHCIPort.kext, after sleep does not work completely restart. 

At BETA 1 as I incorrectly defined frequency FSB, and why it does not start Marvin's AMD Utility.app

This kernel seems to be 3 times faster then modbin with used on a sempron mobile 4000+ sse3 i got 3 times the score then with modbin with geekbench and xbench

Make sure the system clock is running in real time! Time it with a wrist-watch..

Make sure the system clock is running in real time! Time it with a wrist-watch..

Indeed - check your clock nick14!

But perhaps mercurysquad gets APPLE SENIOR KERNEL DEVELOPER if the new kernel blasts 3 times faster :D

Please stay with us OSX86 users - Apple can´t give you all the LOVE we do :)

Indeed - check your clock nick14!

But perhaps mercurysquad gets APPLE SENIOR KERNEL DEVELOPER if the new kernel blasts 3 times faster :)

Please stay with us OSX86 users - Apple can´t give you all the LOVE we do :)

Thanks a lot mitch_de, but actually I am just the 'face' of xnu-dev, while a lot (most?) of the work is being done by geniuses who prefer to remain low-key.

When the source is released, the list of contributors will be included − they're the real people making Voodoo possible.

All fine here

Asus P5K/EPU

CPU: Q6600 2.4Ghz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep/Resume Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Shutdown Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Audio/Video performance Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

eXecute Disable bit Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

TSC stability Passed: [X] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Cache information Passed: [X Yes [_] No [_] With issues

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep/Resume Passed: [x] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Shutdown Passed: [x] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Audio/Video performance Passed: [_] Yes [_] No [x] With issues

nothing major just Quick Time sometimes quits unexpectedly - and when no audio is

in use occasionally get a little crackling/hissing/feedback for 1 or 2 seconds

eXecute Disable bit Passed: [x] Yes [_] No [_] With issues Changes ok

TSC stability Passed: [x] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

Cache information Passed: [x] Yes [_] No [_] With issues

also noticed that text is not as smooth/clear as the previous 10.5.5 apple update... not a major change but a slight change since installing kernal - but great work guys - your a key player within the osx86 community

SSE3 Applications work and also can boot in 64bit mode

after using now for over a week Safari as not responded twice - just locked up and got the spinning colour wheel. i used it alot tho...

Currently using iATKOS v4 10.5.5 now testing with Voodoo XNU 9.5 Kernel

Specs... GA-G31-S2L E7200 C2Duo running @ 2.53ghz with 4gig RAM

XFX 7300GT 512mb 3 x sata HD's 2 x IDE DVDrw

WiFi ASUS WL-138g pci - Broadcom recognised

Beta 2 arriving within an hour.

also noticed that text is not as smooth/clear as the previous 10.5.5 apple update...

after using now for over a week Safari as not responded twice - just locked up and got the spinning colour wheel. i used it alot tho...

1) Text smoothing - I can't quite figure why, but sometimes switching the kernel causes some system preferences to be reset. Just change the font smoothing back to your liking in System Preferences > Appearance.

2) Safari locks up if you try to scroll a long webpage too fast, or if there are lots, or huge inline images in the page.

Sorry guys, I wanted to test this last week but life caught up with me. Fresh install of Kalyway/Mysticus C*, will try and get things set up tomorrow and report back as quick as I can, re clock seconds hand ticking too fast, movies running almost double speed with sound on vlc player. The spec below, which doesn't play ball with vanilla or modbin 9.5.4 kernel, I notice - kernel panics on boot with both, had to safe mode, now fine with 9.2.0 speedstep kernel/system kext.

Ah, just seen that beta 2 is out, good job! Will use that one.

My system (HP Pavilion zv6000 with Athlon 64 2.16GHz with Kalyway 10.5.2 9.2. Sleep kernel) was completely unusable until I installed Beta2c... It would take 5 minutes to boot, loading apps was a pain and system CPU usage was @ and near 100% utilization all the time.

Now, boot times are down to about what it takes my MBP Core Duo to boot into Leopard, and I can watch movies / etc... without a problem.

Awesome work!

(Reboot, shutdown works, going to sleep causes the machine to just shut down :D) Other than that it's awesome.

Dell 1405 laptop core2duo something or other

Sleep/Resume Passed: [] Yes [X] No [_] With issues

Shutdown Passed: [X] Yes [] No [_] With issues

stopped here, only tested to see if sleep/resume would work, system will sleep, but will not wake up, power button is ignored, shutdown/restarts work fine

• 1 month later...

Asus A8N-E

CPU: ATHLON 64 3200+ (2000 Mhz)

hey what distro did you use to get your macosx86 to work on that motherboard?... ive had my ide hard drive hooked up and i tried ideneb, jas, and also tried kalyway and for some reason they wont read my ide... so what distro did you use to install it ?