iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

Hi!

I also had problems with my 8500 GT ( 10 x install) until I found how to do it.

after first install use EFI studio or osx86 tools ( I made the string with osx86 tools and injected it with EFI Studio), after that removed the nvinjext.kext, repir and reboot with -f. now i have 1680x1050 and qi and quartz.

If you already have the blue screen then reboot with -x

Hope it helps.

Working very well now on the system below:

MB: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4

CPU: Core-2 Quad Q6600

Chipset: Intel X38 / Intel ICH9R

Memory: 4GB DDR2-800mhz

Audio: Realtek ALC889A

Lan: Realtek 8111B X2

Video: Geforce 8600 GTS 256MB

Drives: 3x SATA internal, 2x SATA optical 1x eSATA external

I installed with the Vanilla kernal, NVKush, and the proper selections for my other hardware.

I did have a couple of issues:

1. QE/CI worked fine on the first boot, but after running apple update, it stopped working. I tried many things to fix it, but finally I ran the latest version of NVinstaller, which gave me the black screen, so I booted to safe mode and used EFIstudio to write my EFI string to the apple.com.plist, which did the trick. It has worked perfectly ever since.

2. Time Machine couldn't find the back up drive, even though it was mounted, and accessible everywhere else. I found this thread on this forum with a link to a fixed IONetworkingFamily.kext, which fixed the issue entirely. (instructions and link to file in the second post)

3. S1 Sleep works fine, but S3 Sleep goes to sleep, but will not wake up. Is there any way to apply the modifications of the sleep kernel after the fact, or does it require a re-install?

4. Intermittent network dropouts. It will go for days without dropping, then drop multiple times within an hour. I know this is a known issue on some systems, and not an issue with the distribution, it's just very frustrating :blink:

Overall, Very happy with the results. Everything works as well, or better than the Leo4allV3 distro I was using prior to this.

Sony Vaio CR420E

Intel 965, ICH8M, X3100

Intel 4965AGN

Realtek RTL8101E

Installed, on first boot, everything appeared good, no kernel panic, blue screen for 3 seconds, screen off for 2 seconds, and white screen forever. Tried -x, same results. Enable/disable X3100 support while installing did not make difference.

Anyone know why?

I still have some problems my GMA900... thanks to the suggestion from another thread I could get to the desktop after the iDeneb 10.5.5 installation booting in -s and manually loading the AppleIntelGMA950.kext, but doing so the video card is not recognized and QE/CI don't work.

I tried to replace the video card kexts and OpenGL.framework with the ones from lemnisk8 but they don't work here.. is there anyone running iDeneb 10.5.5 with GMA900 so kind to tell me exactly which kexts to replace to get QE/CI working please? It doesn't matter if I will need to use the paperclip, that's the smallest problem, but I need QE/CI... :D

please help.. bye

Working ok here with EP35-DS4 + Club3D HD3850 OC 512Mb

After install i had to boot with -x and install Ati drivers from HERE (because i had blue screen in first boot with drivers in this iDeneb dvd and messed up screen without drivers), and audio drivers for alc889a from HERE

Updates are working fine too.

Intel 965, ICH8M, X3100

Installed, on first boot, everything appeared good, no kernel panic, blue screen for 3 seconds, screen off for 2 seconds, and white screen forever. Tried -x, same results. Enable/disable X3100 support while installing did not make difference.

Anyone know why?

Welcome to the world of Intel X3100 video.

My Acer Extensa 5620 has the same videocard and does the same thing. The 'answer' so far is to hold down the power button until shuts off, then turn it back on and cross your fingers. No, I'm not joking. Usually within 4-6 tries it will boot up properly. No one has found a fix for this, and it's the last problem with my OSX install. Once in, everything works wonderfully. Folks have tried EFI strings, alternate drivers, deleting this file or that file... bottom line is it's a {censored} shoot each bootup. I guess not enough people are affected for someone to find a real fix :)

Oh, and the proper method is NOT to select the X3100 video driver that's included in iDeneb 10.5.5. OSX now has the proper driver built-in. If you select the extra one, it will mess up your video.

Tried many a many things and still getting a locked up screen after install when its loading into welcome screen. The errors are different and troublesome. Just hangs there though

phenom 9850

biostar t790gx

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi all - IdDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 is a great release, however its not quite working for me yet!

MOBO: Asus P5k Premium Black Pearl

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6750 2x2.66 running @ 3.0Ghz for a year faultlessly

RAM: 2Gb DDR2

HD:SATAs

DVD: IDE

Graf: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT

Aud: Creative X-FI Xtreme Audio - Onboard mobo sound disabled.

Other: One Canopus EZDV card - legacy firewire gear for old format video captures.

LAN : Onboard, and another realtek card, both enabled.

FireWire: Onboard

I have not set the SATA controller to AHCI yet as the installer works great.

I tried two different kernels, default and ....another one which also supported SSE3 (i dont recall which one)

I have installed it twice now flawlessly - on an extended partition on the same disk as my XP boot C: drive, slecting various options. When I reboot I set up the dualboot menu on my C drive, select Leopard and it restarts immediately. I then try again, press space for options and have to manually point it to use the MAc partition. Then it attempts to boot. -V reveals crashing at two possible points:

1) when the "JMicron" text pops up on screen

2) when "Asus P5k PRemium" text pops up.

I have chosen the Jmicron compatible option during install.

Any ideas? Can anyone tell me which options worked for them for any of these bits of hardware? IF I can combine all of your experience perhaps we can get this to work!

IF it finds hardware it doesnt know (i.e. EZDV, XFI) what will it do - just ignore them?

Thanks to the iDeneb team for giving me the opportunity to try this. Great job......

Long time PC user, First time OSX tester......

BUMP > Trying again to day. KAlyway wouldnt even boot to the disk because i have the IDE dvd drive on Jmicron, so I'll try it again, and try booting in with -x.

also installing to a full partition instead of extended.

EZDV is removed now as it was a potential problem causer.

This release works great for me. Very stable but there are 2 minor annoyances that I have. One is not specific to this release though and that is that when loading the nforceappleata kext on boot it stop reading the drive for a bit which takes the boot time up to around 90 seconds. If anyone knows how to resolve this then I'd appreciate it.

The other thing is the about this mac window. I appreciate the work that this guys put into this release but I'd rather remove the ideneb logo and have the standard mac osx screen there instead. Is there any way to change it?

TIA!

just installed this on a dell i9300 with a Pentium M! works great, except i cant get QE working with the geforce go 6800 with the nvinjectGO kexts... anyone have the same mobile video card with a solution? i also want to try EFI strings, but i dont understand how to do it...

Guys, u made a greate job. Ur build was my first hackintosh experience, and ,damn, first build that runned!)

But, guys, i have done some misstakes. Please read this and< if u can, find solvations.

I installed ORIGINAL mac OSX (10.5, not 10.5.5) and:

It starts faster, MUCH faster

Memory work is much better (in iDeneb i sometimes get memory leacks so i have no more free memory)

X11 is working

general perfomance is better.

You guys made a couple of fixes there in imnstallation dir.

1. IOUSB fix - destroys my usb ports :(

2. ACPI fix - make my laptgop keyboard work BUT coz' of it system start much slower, can you guys tell us what exactly is in this patch so i use only keyboard (and network bytheway) things)

3. Leopard fixes - makes possible to use NVinject (without - NV is not working at all and not allow me to even start system), like 2 - can u tell us what is in there?