iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

Epox 8KDA7I:

This release doesn't boot on Epox 8KDA7I with nForce3 250 chipset. Whines about com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA. Pretty sure it's about the SATA DVD drive I'm using. No PATA DVD drive here, so I can't install. Does anybody know how to install a hackintosh release from an external drive?

_____

Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G:

Nice, but with some problems:

- ALC662 sound driver didn't work. Had to use the old Taruga patch I've attached.

- Screwed my Windows partition on same HDD. No problem. Freshly installed.

- Doesn't fully shutdown. Power supply keeps running even though I selected the shutdown fix.

- I read about carbon app problems and found the fix I attached. I haven't tested any carbon apps yet, but still attaching if there is a problem and it could probably fix like I read.

Here's what I selected if someone looks for installation info here on the forums, HCL and the hackint0sh IRC channel (shame on you guys, lol just joking) like I did without success:

- ICHx Fixed

- JMicronATA

- NVinject 0.2.1 256 for my Nvidia 7600GT 256MB

- ALC662 (Doesn't work, so don't bother for this mainboard. See attachment.)

- PowerOff_Fix (Doesn't work, so don't bother for this mainboard.)

- No kernel selected, so Vanilla installed.

- No AppleSMBIOS selected, so Netkas's installed.

- No ethernet selected. Works out of the box.

_____

Extra!!! Three operating systems (more if you want) on one HDD:

Don't do what I did (that I told above). Install iDeneb (or any hackint0sh release which destroys Windows and probably other partitions) first. Kalyway 10.5.2 didn't do this in my previous installations by the way. Maybe Chameleon is the cause. Kalyway's release used EFI. I also had to do this, because second Windows installation raped the MBR: http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Ho...epair_your_grub

- Install iDeneb or any hackint0sh release.

- Install XP or any Windows. It will overwrite the MBR. Don't worry.

- Install Linux Mint or any Linux distro you want. Edit GRUB: http://www.newlinuxuser.com/adding-other-o...ystems-to-grub/

- Now, finally for a quick partition guide... Mine is different but I had to install Windows for a second time, yours should be like below:

-- 1st primary: hackint0sh

-- 2nd primary: Windows

-- 3rd primary: Linux

-- Logical drive: Swap (for Linux)

-- Logical drive: FAT32 for your data across multiple operating systems

- The key to multiple boots is the great GRUB. You may define many partitions on many HDDs. Linux can be installed on logical partitions too. Happy booting. Remember to remember me. ;)

DRIVER_realtek_ALC662_100__funzionanti__.zip

CatbonLib_FIX.pkg.zip

- I read about carbon app problems and found the fix I attached. I haven't tested any carbon apps yet, but still attaching if there is a problem and it could probably fix like I read.

That file worked perfect for me, couldn't get FileMaker Pro 6 to run because of the carbon app problem, works like a charm now!

Thanks again!

I had the problem of being stuck in the setup on transferring settings.

On my Dell Precision 4400 I discovered It got past the transfer step if I ejected the installer DVD from the drive before I booted.

I get stuck in the loop when I have the DVD in my drive.

hello

i'm new in this scene and have a question =)

I have downloaded iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and my image size is about 7GB and burned it to a DL DVD...

I tried to boot from DVD but the after a short time my Computer boot into Windows...

Other images have only about 4GB...

Is my image wrong?

plZ help

and sorry for my bad english <.<

Works flawlessly for me on

Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ

Gigabyte Ga-g31m-s2l

nVidia 9600 GT

4Gb RAM ( Kingston )

640 GB Seagate Sata

The LAN works OOB

Had to pick some drivers for my 9600Gt from the forums ( i think they were by some awesome dude called Aqua MAc )

used appleHDfix

Sutdown,startup,restart works fine

now im gonna try and get it to dual boot with Windows Vista

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!! :D

I got it installed on a DELL D600 and everything worked out of the box!!!!

Thank God the Lan worked, because i spent 2 days trying to install the modified kext for the BroadCom 570X Lan card on the

iATKOS v5 10.5.5, which also worked extremely well, except I couldn´t get the frickinn lan to work, even after trying out all the methods described in this forum.

Settings that I used:

Auido...AC97

Chipset...ICH Fixed and JmicronATA and Sas

Kernel::Sleep

Ethernet::AppleBC5751

Wireless::Broadcom

Fix::All (The Poweroff fix gives a warning about security when you boot, "do you want to fix this because of security ....bla bla bla, I just clicked Remind me later since I´m scared that if i try to fix it i won´t be able to boot or what not. Any suggestions on this one?

All the rest, I left UNCHECKED.

Plus the resolution can be easily fixed be doing the usual 2 lines of....key and string in the apple.boot.plist

Apart from that, everything runs amazingly fast and smooth. Very happy with this distro.

PROPS TO IDENEB!!! :D

Fixed many problems :blush:

The only thing that is NOT WORKING is my dvd drive which is not recongnize; If someone else faced the same trouble or can help i will be soooo grateful :D

My Specs:

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 1984 MHz (10 x 198) Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC Intel Crestline-PM PM965 DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T2953EZ3-CE6 1 Go DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (128 Mo)

LG Philips LP154WX4-TLC1 [15.4" LCD]

Realtek ALC268 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio

DVD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA Device (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-RAM:5x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)

Hi i need help...

I have a:

MSI-7204 Motherboard -- Chipset: Intel i945P + ICH7/R

CPU Type: DualCore Intel Pentium D 830, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

System Memory: 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

-DIMM2: Infineon AET660UD00-370A98X 512 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (5-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

-DIMM4: Infineon AET660UD00-370A98X 512 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (5-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type: Award (10/07/05)

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 6700 XL (128 MB)

Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC882/D/M @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

IDE Controller: Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF

and i dont know what to check (take) at the installation of them:

• AppleSMBIOS

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.13

AppleSMBIOS 1.0.1 ( Versione Tiger )

AppleSMBIOS-27-667

AppleSMBIOS-27-800

AppleSMBIOS-27-1066

AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333

AppleSMBIOS-27-IM

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

AppleSMBIOS-27-MP

and my second problem is what i have to take for a chipset of them:

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

• MCP67

• ICHx Fixed --- ???

• JMicronATA --- ???

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

and my last question, is can i try to use the

• 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

or better the

• 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3

Hope for answer... sorry for bad english... im from germany...

GreetZ Snake4life

Thanks for the new version. I clean installed 1.3, but unlike 1.1, it just goes to a black screen during boot rather than loading the desktop with a generic graphics driver. My guess is that something is slightly different with VESA? When I installed 1.1, I didn't select any graphics drivers or injector. After booting for the first time, I'd install the nVidia drivers, install NVkush, and manually edit the Info.plist to change the NVCAP string so my card's DVI output and acceleration would work properly. I should've done a verbose boot for 1.3, but instead went back to the previous version. In any case, now that the Voodoo kernel is out, I was able to easily upgrade to 10.5.5, and everything is solid. If you have any time, let me know what you think about my minor issue. Keep up the great work.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

XFX GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB

How can i hide the boot file from my disk?, looks ugly here...

imagen1si4.png

Hey everyone,

Long time studier of InsanelyMac, a BIG thank you to the iDeneb Team for this amazing project. I have an AMD x2 system with v1.3 working FLAWLESSLY- Thanks to everyone here. Probably one of my first posts since I know how to effectively use the search button :) But anyways, I deleted that boot file (above) from the root of my Leopard disk by mistake. Now, I can only boot with the install DVD in the drive. Can someone please show me how to rebuild this boot file. Thanks in advance!

Joey D.

Hey everyone,

Long time studier of InsanelyMac, a BIG thank you to the iDeneb Team for this amazing project. I have an AMD x2 system with v1.3 working FLAWLESSLY- Thanks to everyone here. Probably one of my first posts since I know how to effectively use the search button ;) But anyways, I deleted that boot file (above) from the root of my Leopard disk by mistake. Now, I can only boot with the install DVD in the drive. Can someone please show me how to rebuild this boot file. Thanks in advance!

Joey D.

You can get it from here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136720

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!! :D

I got it installed on a DELL D600 and everything worked out of the box!!!!

Thank God the Lan worked, because i spent 2 days trying to install the modified kext for the BroadCom 570X Lan card on the

iATKOS v5 10.5.5, which also worked extremely well, except I couldn´t get the frickinn lan to work, even after trying out all the methods described in this forum.

Settings that I used:

Auido...AC97

Chipset...ICH Fixed and JmicronATA and Sas

Kernel::Sleep

Ethernet::AppleBC5751

Wireless::Broadcom

Fix::All (The Poweroff fix gives a warning about security when you boot, "do you want to fix this because of security ....bla bla bla, I just clicked Remind me later since I´m scared that if i try to fix it i won´t be able to boot or what not. Any suggestions on this one?

All the rest, I left UNCHECKED.

Plus the resolution can be easily fixed be doing the usual 2 lines of....key and string in the apple.boot.plist

Apart from that, everything runs amazingly fast and smooth. Very happy with this distro.

PROPS TO IDENEB!!! :D

I followed all your settings and on my dell d600 it doesnt work it all install fine but it wont boot it just keeps with the spinning wheel

I have downloaded iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and my image size is about 7GB and burned it to a DL DVD...

I tried to boot from DVD but the after a short time my Computer boot into Windows...

Other images have only about 4GB...

Is my image wrong?

plZ help

and sorry for my bad english <.<

Hi,

iDeneb v1.3 is also 4GB big not 7GB. You might have burned the image+extraction, hard to say...

You should have downloaded a iso image file of 4.37GB. I presume you have programs like PowerIso or Imgburn or Toast if you're on a mac, and that you burned iso files before.

If you right-click/Properties on the ISO file do you get a size of around 4.37GB?

Did you open the ISO from PowerISO or whichever software you're using?

When/If you did, did it show a series of folders and a couple of files?

Give me more details if you can, welcome to the world of OSX86, not easy as a noob, but very enjoyable afterwards :D

How to APPLY THIS PATCH ( iDeneb v1.3 nForce Patch) help I have This Image When I install

and i don't aplly the patche how i doooooo

apparently you applied the wrong patch, or didn't apply anything at all! Once you boot the DVD, you get to the installation part, just BEFORE clicking "Install", there a "Customize" button on the left. If you click on it, a list of patches will be displayed. Typically, one needs to install a couple of patches for OSX to wrk properly, especially for nForce motherboards.

You should find the nForce patch among this comprehensive list, don't forget to check your other hardware and the WIKI = especially set up to help people with custom hardware!

Thanks for this superb release! :wacko:

Worked almost out of the box on 2 machines:

Asus P5B/Dualcore 2.4/Nvidia 8600gt

and surprisingly on

Asus P4c800DeLuxe/P4 2.8/Matrox Millenium.

With the Matrox there is a little problem:

I only get resolution 800x600.

In fact, I use it only with screensharing, but cannot change the resolution there, either.

Any driver out there for the Matrox?

Or maybe someone has a suggestion for a working videocard (cheap, silent, nothing special)?

Thanks in advance

D

M2A-VM motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 4800+

2GB, 500GB SATA, IDE ATAPI DVD ROM

XFX GeForce 8800GS

Updated M2A-VM to latest BIOS 2201

I tried to get it to work with the onboard X1250 graphics, but wasn't successful.

iDeneb V1.1 10.5.4 seem to work out of the box. I selected the sleep kernel, but sleep doesn't work, it crashes. 8800GS gets recognized by selecting the NVInject 0.2.1 option. QE/CI supported. I have this running on an original Cinema Display HD 1920x1200, works fine.

The Macintosh HD hard drive icon shows up in orange, no idea why? Did not happen before I had the 8800GS graphics card in it.

Sound adapter ALC883 works OOB.

I'm noticing that the USB mouse keyboard gets jerky/jumpy after a while when the machine is up and stuff is running.

The DVD ROM (ATAPI) does not show up on the desktop. It was recognized w/o a problem during booting, but after the install finished, the DVD is not recognized.

iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 does not work OOB. It's "still waiting for root device"...

Kaliway 10.5.2 seem to work OOB as well. Could not get the X1250 onboard graphics to work. Will test this again with the 8800GS.

Leo4ALL V3 and V4.1 don't not work. It's "still waiting for root device"...