iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

hey, i've got a tricky problem with ideneb....

finally i've managed my laptop to dualboot vista & leopard... vista is working alright... but leopard won't start!! on the booting sequence there's an error saying "please restart your computer, hold the button, blablabla..."^^ can someone help me maybe?

thanx shu8i

Will GUID selection work with Chameleon or just MBR and Chameleon?

Has anyone tried this Full version DVD install on a Dell D820 or D830? DO I use the XNU kernel for the Dell D820 to fix the CPUS=1 and shuttering issue?

just installed this on a dell i9300 with a Pentium M! works great, except i cant get QE working with the geforce go 6800 with the nvinjectGO kexts... anyone have the same mobile video card with a solution? i also want to try EFI strings, but i dont understand how to do it...

try this maybe :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=763484

and let us know what happened

First of all, thanks to the many hackintosh "gurus" and iso builders that have gotten us where we are today. I have heard so many good things about this release that I am dying to get it installed. I am trying to install on a Dell Latitude D630 - X3100 - 4G RAM - Core Duo 2 CPU - SATA HD - and I can't get to the install screen for the life of me.

I have tried every possible string of boot switches I could think of, have turned things on and off in BIOS to try different approaches, and still it hangs at the infamous "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23" error. Has anyone used the iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 release successfully on this laptop and, if so, would you please post both the BIOS settings you used and any boot switches as well?

Thanks to anyone and everyone in advance for your help!

Hi all!

Everything is working fine for me for too long (2 months at least) except that sometimes when I reboot the Input Languages menu is reset to English only (I also have Greek selected). It does not happen at EVERY restart but at least 1 out of 2. Another thing is that my screensaver won't start at 5 mins as set but monitor will turn off after 20 minutes.. I believe there is a problem with some .plist configuration files. I have already used Disk Aid to fix permissions to no avail...

I am THIS close to a perfect Hackint0sh system! ;)

I just want to say that the Ideneb installed almost perfectly my 2 problems are

1 usb not recognizing thumb drives the keyboard and mouse are usb and they work so i know usb works but unable to open any usb drives

2 when i click on About this Mac the screen looks like it logs out then back in and does not display info

Using Dell Optiplex GX280

P4 3.0 Ghz

2GB ram

Realtech Nic

Nvidia Gforce 7300SE 256MB

i have trouble using abit ip35-e (latest BIOS) if i choose to enable "usb storage legacy" then I cant boot into working hackintosh.....but if I disabled then any usb flashdisk/storage will not mount eventought it's recognize by "system profiler"......any idea? thx

I just want to say that the Ideneb installed almost perfectly my 2 problems are

1 usb not recognizing thumb drives the keyboard and mouse are usb and they work so i know usb works but unable to open any usb drives

2 when i click on About this Mac the screen looks like it logs out then back in and does not display info

Using Dell Optiplex GX280

P4 3.0 Ghz

2GB ram

Realtech Nic

Nvidia Gforce 7300SE 256MB

ok so i was able to fix the usb issues with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

but still when I try to click on about this mac the screen dissaperas the comes back like it is logging out and then back in

bump.....

anyone?

still cant mount any usb storage here ;)

this is log file ia have when I try to plug an usb flashdisk

Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_index_inode_read(): Index root attribute is corrupt.
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost diskarbitrationd[54]: unable to mount /dev/disk2s1 (status code 0x00000047).
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_index_inode_read(): Failed (error 5) for index inode 0x5, index name_len 0x4.  Run chkdsk.
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_inode_get(): Failed to get index inode.
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_inode_attach(): Failed to load inode 0x5.
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_mount(): Failed to load system files (error 5).
Nov 29 05:49:39 localhost kernel[0]: NTFS-fs error (device /dev/disk2s1): ntfs_mount(): Mount failed (error 5).

I have successfully installed iDeneb 1.3 today on my PC and it`s just great =D

Here are my specs:

- GA-945GZM-S2 mobo

- E4500 2.2ghz intel core 2 duo processor

- SATA HD

Installed it with these options in Customize:

Audio: ALC 833

Chipset: ICHx Fixed

Fix: AppleSMBIOS iMac (otherwise the model would be Somemodel)

Video: Intel GMA 950

Thanks everybody who worked on this great release!!

(From Brazil) :D

Just installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. No prior OS X experience.

Very straight forward.

Had to do the touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone though.

Here's my setup.

MSI NEO-F (Nforce 550)

AMD 4200+

ATI 1950pro

2gb RAM

120gb HD and 500gb HD Windows XP on 500gb, OS X on 120gb

Don't have sound working yet.

Havn't touched my bios.

If i can't get sound working might try dropping in a !live card i have sitting around.