Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

Not for your GFX card as it has been around for a while.....although you can use EFI strings instead.......

You need to check in System/Library/Extensions for NVinject.kext......if present remove it.....but keep NVDANV50HAL.kext, NVDAResman.kext......then reboot -v -f and run NVkush again......if you have problems I will try to help later when I return from work...... :)

thx will do it now and post it l8r, no need to rush, i need to sleep now its 3am here :P

i thought 9f23installer is only for 10.5.5 combo update, correct me if im wrong :)

thx will do it now and post it l8r, no need to rush, i need to sleep now its 3am here :)

i thought 9f23installer is only for 10.5.5 combo update, correct me if im wrong :wacko:

9fxx are 10.5.5 builds AFIK......why do you ask?

9fxx are 10.5.5 builds AFIK......why do you ask?

duuuhh im dumb dumb, i was trying to install 9f23 on kalyway 10.5.2 :)

i tried nvkush by itself and didnt work, system hangs on verboose( on appleNforceATA waiting to write kernel symbols), im typing from my hackintosh in safe mode, lookinf for EFI :wacko:

reading a lot of post to see if i can find anything useful

duuuhh im dumb dumb, i was trying to install 9f23 on kalyway 10.5.2 :)

i tried nvkush by itself and didnt work, system hangs on verboose, im typing from my hackintosh in safe mode, lookinf for EFI :wacko:

What boot screen error messages are you getting? .........do you get it hanging at the blue screen.......?

What boot screen error messages are you getting? .........do you get it hanging at the blue screen.......?

it just hangs on waiting to write kernel symbols is been there 4 centuries :angry::unsure::unsure:

it just hangs on waiting to write kernel symbols is been there 4 centuries :unsure::unsure::unsure:

will report back trying something

OK what does System Profiler show under Graphics/Displays.....

Unfortunately not able to wait for you to reply, so assuming you have no NVinject or NVkush or Natit or Titan kexts installed in System/Library/Extensions, download OSx86Tools Utility and add EFI string to your com.apple.Boot.plist by clicking on "Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag", ........in Pop-up window that appears, click on GFX Strings icon in top menu bar and in GFX String Creator under "Graphics card:" choose NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB, click on Import String to Boot Editor icon in top menu bar, and in pop-up Boot Editor window that appears.......check in 6 boxes that you have:

LH Top Box: maxmem=3072 -f

LH Middle Box: 1600x1050x32

RH Top Box: 5

RH Check Box: (Quiet Boot Enabled?) Empty

Bottom Full Width Box: Populated with imported hexadecimal EFI string for your video card

Click on "Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist" button.......then exit OSx86Tools and reboot with -v.........hopefully you will have the 1600x1050x32.......cannot guarantee you will have full CI/QE.....

If this does not work for you, you will need to boot in safe mode (-x -v), delete the hexadecimal EFI string for your video card from com.apple.Boot.plist, then follow the manual EFI String install procedure after Aqua-Mac found here......

For audio, use the Azalia Audio installer......link given in earlier post......

Hope it all works....... :)

Well I gave this a try and same thing, it wont boot. I didnt see anything wrong with the boot process, but my screen did flash and looked like it was going to boot and didnt.

I also tried safe move (-x -v) didnt boot as well...

I also tried (-x) got to the apple screen and it would freeze there too...

Im going to have to reinstall again :censored2:

Well I gave this a try and same thing, it wont boot. I didnt see anything wrong with the boot process, but my screen did flash and looked like it was going to boot and didnt.

Im going to have to reinstall again :censored2:

i did the same thing the only diference is that my resolution only goes up to 1280x768@60Hz and it stop booting if i try default booting :wacko: , going thru everything again in safe mode

I'm running fine on 10.5.5 but LAN CAUSES RANDOM FREEZES no sure if installing the correct kext will stop it but as in my sig i don't use it so it's disabled

how do u got the 10.5.5 to work? mine's having boot problems it just hangs on appleNforceATA timed out waiting to write kernel symbol, ill try the update from mac to see if it helps in anyway

how do u got the 10.5.5 to work? mine's having boot problems it just hangs on appleNforceATA timed out waiting to write kernel symbol, ill try the update from mac to see if it helps in anyway

nvm it just crashes b4 finishing installin it lolol im about to shoot my dog if i dont get this to work lolol :wacko::):D

@ Metralha

Since you have installed Kalyway 10.5.2, try this

1. In safe mode, open Terminal

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /system/Library/Extensions
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

then

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and in com.apple.Boot.plist, remove the hexadecimal EFI String between <string> and </string> under <key>device-properties</key>; for example

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>maxmem=3072 -f</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>6c0200000100000.......001000</string>

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl-O (i.e. ^O) and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.........Press Ctrl-X (i.e. ^X) to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

2. Reboot with -v -f and the System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

3. Then download the Mysticus C* 10.5.2 Graphics Update Installer and run the "10.5.2 Full Gfx Update v1.1.mpkg" file with ONLY the following options selected:

1.0Gfx Update + Latest Macbook (selected by default) Y

Main Kernel & System Drivers – (Second folder)

VGA –

Nvidia –

NVinject512MB Y (All other RAM options N)

4. Reboot with -v -f and the System Profiler should hopefully show

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA,

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1 [......report back what is listed below this line.....]

Im going to have to reinstall again :)

@ ajgarcia

then

and in com.apple.Boot.plist, remove the hexadecimal EFI String between <string> and </string> under <key>device-properties</key>; for example

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl-O (i.e. ^O) and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.........Press Ctrl-X (i.e. ^X) to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

2. Reboot with -v -f and the System Profiler hopefully shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

3. Now you are in a position to try setting up your video driver manually use Aqua-Mac's approach....that is if you have not already tried it.......

@ verdant

I just fried 1 of my HD i dunno how?!? it just wont turn on, im re-installing Kaly from 0. Once im done will report

thx once again and i appreciate the time u putting on this for all of US :)

Sorry to hear that...... :(

Thank you for your appreciation......it helps in not feeling taken for granted at times with some posters wanting instant solutions, which more often than not, are usually not available as it is more time consuming and difficult to help remotely than if I was sitting in front of each PC causing problems seeing for myself the boot screen messages etc....... :D

Working long hours full time between now and December means that I will not always be able to reply to posts as quickly as some would want me to......but I will focus on this thread...... :) (and do what I can when I can for posts on Series 6 nForce chipset posts in the Mysticus C* threads since Mysticus no longer has an nForce chipset MOBO......).... ;)

Sorry to hear that...... :(

Thank you for your appreciation......it helps in not feeling taken for granted at times with some posters wanting instant solutions, which more often than not, are usually not available as it is more time consuming and difficult to help remotely than if I was sitting in front of each PC causing problems seeing for myself the boot screen messages etc....... :)

Working long hours full time between now and December means that I will not always be able to reply to posts as quickly as some would want me to......but I will focus on this thread...... :) (and do what I can when I can for posts on Series 6 nForce chipset posts in the Mysticus C* threads since Mysticus no longer has an nForce chipset MOBO......).... ;)

You r more then welcome :D ... let me abuse a lil bit of that appreciation lol.... if u r not busy right now can u figure it out a way for me to safe install mystic c combo update after we r done with this friggin video card thing?!?! half way thru with it report in 10min :(

@ Metralha

then

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

2. Reboot with -v -f and the System Profiler shows under Graphics/Displays, 1024x768 resolution 32-bit Color depth and 32MB VRAM with Software Driven CI and QE Not Supported, and against Kernel Extension Info: No kext loaded

3. Then download the Mysticus C* 10.5.2 Graphics Update Installer and run the "10.5.2 Full Gfx Update v1.1.mpkg" file with ONLY the following options selected:

1.0Gfx Update + Latest Macbook (selected by default) Y

Main Kernel & System Drivers – (Second folder)

VGA –

Nvidia –

NVinject512MB Y (All other RAM options N)

4. Reboot with -v -f and the System Profiler should hopefully show

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA,

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1 [......report back what is listed below this line.....]

first i get display <1> failed.

then it get..

myname-mac-pro ntpdate[85]: cant find host time.apple.com

myname-mac-pro ntpdate[85]: no servers can be used,exiting

myname-mac-pro kextd[10]: IOkit waitquiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

AppleNforceATA.. and doesnt go further than that..... :) kernels lolol driving me nutts

.... HOUSTON CALLING VERDANT need emergency surgery on my pc ASAP :D

@ Metralha

first i get display <1> failed.

then it get..

myname-mac-pro ntpdate[85]: cant find host time.apple.com

myname-mac-pro ntpdate[85]: no servers can be used,exiting

myname-mac-pro kextd[10]: IOkit waitquiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols

AppleNforceATA.. and doesnt go further than that..... :( kernels lolol driving me nutts

.... HOUSTON CALLING VERDANT need emergency surgery on my pc ASAP :D

On my working Kalyway 10.5.2 install, I get the lines you mention and then the display comes on.......with "AppleNForceATA: found 1 units." as the last entry.....

Does the cursor stop a little way along along the screen after "AppleNForceATA: found 1 units." or "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units." or what?

found 0 :(

That is not your problem as I also see that.....But where does the cursor on the screen stop.... you said that you had fried your other hard drive?.........it sounds like your HDD is responding slowly.....?

found 0 :D

i just re-install kaly cuz was trying to see if i could get kalyway 10.5.3 combo working, no success!!

installing with just 1gb of ram now to see if it helps me in any way

When reinstalling OS X it is a good idea to erase the install volume each time......get back to a working basic Kalyway 10.5.2 install with basic low res video and working network and audio.....then we can run the Mysticus Combo 10.5.5 Updater....

That is not your problem as I also see that.....But where does the cursor on the screen stop.... you said that you had fried your other hard drive?.........it sounds like your HDD is responding slowly.....?

my other hdd doesnt turn on and if i connect it just messes up the other drives such us my sata and dvd so i replaced with a new 1.

trying the gfx once morw will post back in a few

it stopped at AppleNforceATA: found 0 units. i left it there all day and i just came back and nothing happened to it it just frooze there, no signal of HDD working

When reinstalling OS X it is a good idea to erase the install volume each time......get back to a working basic Kalyway 10.5.2 install with basic low res video and working network and audio.....then we can run the Mysticus Combo 10.5.5 Updater....

i erase everytime i re-install it, and it is re-installing now, the only res i can get is 1024x768x32@60, will report when im done. oh btw i did try to install Mystic c combo update once and it froze when the 2nd part of the installation finished :blink: , anyway brb with a fresh and clean kaly installation

i erase everytime i re-install it, and it is re-installing now, the only res i can get is 1024x768x32@60, will report when im done. oh btw i did try to install Mystic c combo update once and it froze when the 2nd part of the installation finished :blink: , anyway brb with a fresh and clean kaly installation

When the fresh and clean installation is finished, look in S/L/E and tell me which of the following kexts are not present:

GeForce.kext

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

IONDRVSupport.kext

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVinject.kext

When the fresh and clean installation is finished, look in S/L/E and tell me which of the following kexts are not present:

GeForce.kext Y

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForceGA.plugin Y

GeForceVADriver.bundle Y

IONDRVSupport.kext Y

NVDANV10Hal.kext Y

NVDANV20Hal.kext Y

NVDANV30Hal.kext Y

NVDANV40Hal.kext Y

NVDANV50Hal.kext Y

NVDAResman.kext Y

NVinject.kext N

GeForce.kext Y

GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce3GLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle Y

GeForceGA.plugin Y

GeForceVADriver.bundle Y

IONDRVSupport.kext Y

NVDANV10Hal.kext Y

NVDANV20Hal.kext Y

NVDANV30Hal.kext Y

NVDANV40Hal.kext Y

NVDANV50Hal.kext Y

NVDAResman.kext Y

NVinject.kext N

OK that is fine - the kexts you have you should always have present. You are now in a position to either try EFI strings (via EFIStudio or OSx86Tools) OR injecting NVidia (via NVkush v4.20.2 or NVinstaller v.41 or manually)

BTW the NVidia Kext Installer just installs the extensions you have said Y to......

OK that is fine - the kexts you have you should always have present. You are now in a position to either try EFI strings (via EFIStudio or OSx86Tools) OR injecting NVidia (via NVkush v4.20.2 or NVinstaller v.41 or manually)

BTW the NVidia Kext Installer just installs the extensions you have said Y to......

k will give it a try now :(

tried with nvkush no success :D

AppleNforceATA found 0 units

Before trying NVkush were you able to boot into Kalyway OS X on your HDD successfully or not?