Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

@ Metralha

@ ASNNetworks

Vanilla kernels cannot be used with nForce chipset MOBOs.......only patched kernels.......so for updating from 10.5.x to 10.5.5, I strongly recommend the Mysticus C* 10.5.5 Combo Updater......see link in post #1 of this thread.......I have used it with the 9.4.0 StageXNU kernel without any problems..... :unsure:

I keep getting kernel panics now that I download with Transmission....I'm thinking that it has nothing to do with Transmission though...Because the nForce LAN with kext and the USB WiFi also gave me kernel panics after an hour of usage...Anyone else having weird problems with kernel panics caused by LAN?

Any suggestions aswell?

@verdant

Can you figure anything out from what I am getting?...

Like I said, I was able to boot and install on the HDD using an AMD comp with a 590i Mobo...

Now I moved the HDD to my current machine...

So I was able to FINALLY install OS X Kalyway 10.5.2...

BUT, I installed it on another machine and moved the HDD to my EVGA 780i Mobo comp...

Now Im not able to boot to the OS from the EVGA comp...

This is what I get:

img0083hx3.th.jpgthpix.gif

img0082pg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Verdant, I know you can help me with this!! Youre the man!!

I keep getting kernel panics now that I download with Transmission....I'm thinking that it has nothing to do with Transmission though...Because the nForce LAN with kext and the USB WiFi also gave me kernel panics after an hour of usage...Anyone else having weird problems with kernel panics caused by LAN?

Any suggestions aswell?

Transmission is causing problems for many , even those with Intel chipset MOBOs......suggest you try this.....it may work fine...... :wallbash:

@verdant

Can you figure anything out from what I am getting?...

Like I said, I was able to boot and install on the HDD using an AMD comp with a 590i Mobo...

Now I moved the HDD to my current machine...

When you installed OSx86 on the AMD machine you would have to had made different Customize selections.......including AMD_1052_Patches.....yes?

When you installed OSx86 on the AMD machine you would have to had made different Customize selections.......including AMD_1052_Patches.....yes?

Yes I did, because it would freeze up and not install if I didnt. But the current machine I am using is NOT an AMD its an Intel C2Q.

I removed Transmission and installed Tomato...And I got a kernel panic after 1,5 hours....So we can conclude that it HAS to do something with internet connection...because...

If I use nForce with kext, everything works, but after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

If I use a USB WiFi Adapter, everything works, but again, after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

If I use a PCI Ethernet Card, one that works out of the box, Realtek 8169, everything works, but AGAIN, after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

When I didn't install the nForce kext, or plug in the USB WiFi, or install Realtek 8169 in my PC I didn't get kernel panics...I used my PC over three hours without kernel panics, and withour internet connection...

What's the deal here?? Has it something to do with my BIOS, my MoBo, or what, or do I have to use cpus=1 when I feel like using the internet?

Seriously need some help guys...

I removed Transmission and installed Tomato...And I got a kernel panic after 1,5 hours....So we can conclude that it HAS to do something with internet connection...because...

If I use nForce with kext, everything works, but after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

If I use a USB WiFi Adapter, everything works, but again, after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

If I use a PCI Ethernet Card, one that works out of the box, Realtek 8169, everything works, but AGAIN, after an hour (more or less) I get a kernel panic...

When I didn't install the nForce kext, or plug in the USB WiFi, or install Realtek 8169 in my PC I didn't get kernel panics...I used my PC over three hours without kernel panics, and withour internet connection...

What's the deal here?? Has it something to do with my BIOS, my MoBo, or what, or do I have to use cpus=1 when I feel like using the internet?

Seriously need some help guys...

1. From your post it appears that you able to run the longest without a freeze using Tomato or were the lockout times for Transmission the same via the same Ethernet link? What I mean is that if you experienced a different time to lockout for Transmission vs. Tomato using the same Ethernet device and downloading the same torrent.....this suggests a software/hardware communication issue.......

2. Please go to Network/Advanced and switch "Configure IPv6" to OFF......report back on your recorded lockout times for Transmission vs. Tomato using the RT8169 NIC when downloading the same torrent...... ;)

3. Even if IPv6 is already switched OFF you should be aware that there are reported problems with Transmission (and other torrent software such as Azureus) and Leopard on "real macs".....e.g. see here.....some claim that version later than 1.22 are the cause of the problem.....

@verdant

@anyone

I was able to scrap up some old parts from my old computer.

Will using a PATA dvd-rom drive and a PATA HDD help my problems with installing OSX on my computer?

It is certainly worth a shot.......

However, since you did not fully report back with your boot screen error messages when trying to install OSx86 following exactly the procedure described in post #54, I cannot be sure of the possible causes of your problems with your Evga 780i SLI Mobo

Q9450 Core 2 Quad @ 3.2Ghz system........

Yes I did, because it would freeze up and not install if I didnt. But the current machine I am using is NOT an AMD its an Intel C2Q.

Installed OSx86 systems are not transferrable.......OSx86 installed on an nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBO is specific to that system, likewise OSx86 installed on an nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO is specific to that system........or OSx86 installed on an Intel or VIA chipset + AMD CPU MOBO is specific to that system, likewise OSx86 installed on an Intel or VIA chipset + Intel CPU MOBO is specific to that system......I am sure you get the idea now..... :(

Yeah tomato lasted long, but was just a coinsedence, I was once for almost two hours without kernel panics using the pci, I turned the pc off myself.And once I got a kernel panic after 40 minutes...And the USB WiFi gives me a kernel panic, but doesn't on my brothers laptop...

And since onboard lan, usb wifi and pci ethernet gives kernel panic it has to somethingwith internet connection...Anyone else with P5N-D (750i) having this problem?

P.S I have the PCI for the last two days, I used nForce LAN and USB WiFi before, which gave the same exact results...

Yeah tomato lasted long, but was just a coinsedence, I was once for almost two hours without kernel panics using the pci, I turned the pc off myself.And once I got a kernel panic after 40 minutes...And the USB WiFi gives me a kernel panic, but doesn't on my brothers laptop...

And since onboard lan, usb wifi and pci ethernet gives kernel panic it has to somethingwith internet connection...Anyone else with P5N-D (750i) having this problem?

P.S I have the PCI for the last two days, I used nForce LAN and USB WiFi before, which gave the same exact results...

Has switching "Configure IPv6" to OFF made any noticeable difference?

I have tried to install the jas 10.5.4 patched with mysticus onto my system with no success it still says still waiting for root device. Is there something I should be changing in my bios settings? I left them as default when I installed leo4allv3 with success but I would really like to install 10.5.4. If anyone knows or has a striker 2 nse board please help! I just wish I could use the drivers with leo4allv3 to install jas w/myst if anyone can do this I think it would really help us wth these chipsets it just blows that we have some great chipsets but we cant install jas or ideneb.

Check your BIOS settings against my BIOS template in post #1 in this thread........on my 650i I have installed both JaS and iDeneb 10.5.4.......so let us sort out the BIOS settings first to overcome if possible "still waiting for root device"....... :rolleyes:

ok updated to version 10.5.5 and didnt go thru got stuck on a loop, but was able to get in safe mode and took a screen shot of about this mac and this is what i came acros

img00117qa5.jpg

ok ok i have a Q6600 G0 2.4ghz, now whats going on verd lol and yes i used Toh kernel :blink: on my choices.... what do i do? can u go thru that patch ant let me know what to choose and what not to? plz plz plz, oh this is the error i get...

Warning sandbox_init error. Could not ste Mach lookup policiy service, then i get a waiting to write kernel symbols :rolleyes::unsure: what do i do now?

ok updated to version 10.5.5 and didnt go thru got stuck on a loop, but was able to get in safe mode and took a screen shot of about this mac and this is what i came acros

img00117qa5.jpg

ok ok i have a Q6600 G0 2.4ghz, now whats going on verd lol and yes i used Toh kernel :blink: on my choices.... what do i do? can u go thru that patch ant let me know what to choose and what not to? plz plz plz, oh this is the error i get...

Warning sandbox_init error. Could not ste Mach lookup policiy service, then i get a waiting to write kernel symbols :rolleyes::unsure: what do i do now?

When re-running the Mysticus C* 10.5.5 Post Combo Update Patches suggest you use the following selections:

re-running? u mean install it in safemode? dp i re-run all or just the post combo? sorry for this noob questions, im used to windows lol

Can you boot into HDD OSx86 with -v -x......if so just try re-running thepost combo update.......if it works OK.....if not you may need to rerun pre combo patch, combo and post combo patch.....

@verdant - YOURE AWESOME!!

Thank you to everyone! I have finally got everything to work on my EVGA 780i Mobo...

Today I purchased the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter to use for internet...

Now...

How do I get AUDIO to work?

How can I get my GFX card to use my native res 16xx X 10xx (9800GTX)?

well i re-runn the combo in safe mode and did all the adjust,booted but didnt go thru, its giving me the same warning sandbox_init ........ :blink: now i cant even get in on safemode

Best option in long run.......complete reinstall from DVD, erasing HDD volume and starting with a clean OSx86 10.5.2 or 10.5.4 system........ :)

@verdant - YOURE AWESOME!!

Thank you to everyone! I have finally got everything to work on my EVGA 780i Mobo...

Today I purchased the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter to use for internet...

Now...

How do I get AUDIO to work?

How can I get my GFX card to use my native res 16xx X 10xx (9800GTX)?

Thanks....... :blink: but I would really appreciate it if you would please summarize with relevant detail the steps you followed to get everything working.....what BIOS settings, OS X version, what distro, Customize selections etc. for the benefit of others reading this thread....... :)

I can only answer if you describe in more detail what you did regarding setting up a driver for your 9800GTX GFX card.....you give no details.......did you follow ..see here.....and here..? What are your current resolution options, do you have full CI/QE etc.....?

Please give more information on the system status in your posts when asking questions, I am wearing my fingers out typing questions........ :)

Your audio codec is the Azalia audio codec..... download Azalia installer here......

Thanks....... :) but I would really appreciate it if you would please summarize with relevant detail the steps you followed to get everything working.....what BIOS settings, OS X version, what distro, Customize selections etc. for the benefit of others reading this thread....... :P

I can only answer if you describe in more detail what you did regarding setting up a driver for your 9800GTX GFX card.....you give no details.......did you follow ..see here.....and here..? What are your current resolution options, do you have full CI/QE etc.....?

Please give more information on the system status in your posts when asking questions, I am wearing my fingers out typing questions........ :D

Your audio codec is the Azalia audio codec..... download Azalia installer here......

I think I totally messed up my installation, which is fine...

I followed the steps to get my native resolution to work and not I cannot boot to the desktop...

Can anyone point me to an easier way to get my sound working and how to get 1680 x 1050 working as well...

What is CI/QE?...

;)