Leopard on Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs

verdant

Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to Mysticus C* to enable him to continue making and updating nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO-focussed Kernel/Drivers Installer packages, Combo Updater Packages......possibly even a DVD......?

• Yes, before new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, after new and/or updated packages are released
    • Yes, but only after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • Unsure, I may donate after I have used the new and/or updated packages successfully on my system
    • No
  2. 2. Level of Demand for Installer Packages for nForce chipset MOBOs

• Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Would you like it if new and/or updated installer packages for nForce chipset + AMD CPU MOBOs were to be developed by an OSx86 forum member?
    • Would you be willing to donate an amount of your choosing to such a developer using an nForce chipset + AMD CPU nForce MOBO?
    • Do you have a DESKTOP nForce chipset MOBO?
    • Do you have a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK nForce chipset MOBO?
  3. 3. Nature of donations offered

• Would you prefer to donate hardware (in good faith on the basis of trust) acceptable to the developer, to enable him/her to build a system on which to develop the installer packages?
    • Would you prefer to donate cash (in good faith on the basis of trust) to the developer to defray his/her upfront cost of acquiring a system on which to develop the installer packages?

1,138 posts in this topic

verdant, this my experience:

Hardware

Mobo: MSI P7N SLI (MS-7380)

Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 750i SLI

RAM: 4 GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz

VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256MB

Sound: Realtek ALC888/1200

LAN: NVIDIA nForce On Board

Keyboard and Mouse USB

BIOS: AMI V2.

DVDRW: SATA Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1L

HDD: SATA 500GB, IDE 80GB

iDeneb 10.5.5 install succeed, Kernel 9.4.0, I have network (nForceLAN_0.62.7.kext after installation), sound (ALC888), graphics (NVKush), but some programs do not work properly.

Panic with Parallels and VMWare Fusion

Unstable system with Toast 9 and 10(when trying burn a disc)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @

Processor Speed: 2.40 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 4 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.88Z.EFI.V80.061193037 (American Megatrends Inc.)

I tried to install nearly all the OSX86 (Leo4all, IPC OSX86 10.5.6, iATKOS 5i, JAS 10.5.4 with and without patch, Zep, Kalyway) and I just managed to boot iDeneb 10.5.5.

when trying to boot JAS 10.5.4 without patch "Still waiting for root device"

when trying to boot JAS 10.5.4 with patch "Unable to find driver for this platform"

Thanks

It depends to a large extent on what kexts are included in the Extensions.mkext file that the Install DVD uses when booting up.......it may not have the necessary nForceATA kext even though the DVD has it in its install packages......quite often SATA DVDRW and SATA HDD is a problematic combo.......PATA DVDRW and SATA HDD is generally less of a problem combo......

Toast is known to be problematic......not sure as to the reason why......

Ben10 has reported issues with Virtualisation/Vanderpool Technology option in BIOS being enabled when using NTFS-3G......

You may need Virtualisation/Vanderpool Technology option in BIOS enabled for Parallels and VMWare Fusion but it may cause problems with Toast.......at this stage I cannot say, since I use none of the programs you mention.........for DVD/CD burning I use Dragon Burn and/or Disk Utility.......

Thanks for your input...... :(

hey all, i've been away for a long time but been reading ur posts, im still way behind u guys im still using kalyway 10.5.2 ;) , yeah yeah kinda sucks. I just realized that my crashes when updating my itunes wasnt from from the distro i got, by reading ben10 post i have the same problem and did all he did(thx for sharing that) i just found out iAtkos came out with its 10.5.5(does any1 tried yet?) im at 89% DL and would like to give it a shot b4 i get EFIX(not sure yet since BOOT 123 is almost gettin there)

Dear Verdant

{I have moved as you have requeste. Sorry about posting on a wrong thread}

SAVE ME!!!

I've been scratching hairs off. My eyes are red, 10 empty red bull cans on the desk. About to fall off the chair. Help me please.

Part A.

1. ASUS P5N-D

2. 750i

3. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4 cores, 2.6GHz (2 x DDR2 2gb Ram)

4. I will attach if it's absolutely required. (set same as de-autojohn) I would like to have Lan enabled if possible.

5. LITE ON DVD RW - IDE, 1 only

6. SATA, 3 NON raid, 250GB 160GB 500GB

7. disk0 = 250GB divided into 2 partion I have Vista installed on C:

disk1 = 160GB divided into 2 partion, I have arranged to install MAC OS X on second partition

disk 2 = 500GB 1 partition, no os just data

8. Windows Vista 64bit (installed MAX OS X and set dual boot)

9. GeForce 9600GT 512mb

10. SMC Wireless card: SMCWPCI-G

11. Audio HD, nforce lan, on board firewire, 8xusb

Part B.

1. I have iAtkos v5i (Leopard 10.5.5?)

2. I managed to install with "-v cpus=1" command. Then on customize I didn't know what to select, so I selected some nVidia Drivers etc and it installed all fine.

When I rebooted and made dual boot (followed the guide). I select the MAC OS X and my pc reboots immediately.

So, I unlugged all my SATA HDD installed PATA HDD (1x250gb) and installed again. same symptom persist.

I tried "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" still reboots.

I am noob so any guidance will great help.

Dear Verdant

{I have moved as you have requeste. Sorry about posting on a wrong thread}

SAVE ME!!!

I've been scratching hairs off. My eyes are red, 10 empty red bull cans on the desk. About to fall off the chair. Help me please.

Part A.

1. ASUS P5N-D

2. 750i

3. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4 cores, 2.6GHz (2 x DDR2 2gb Ram)

4. I will attach if it's absolutely required. (set same as de-autojohn) I would like to have Lan enabled if possible.

5. LITE ON DVD RW - IDE, 1 only

6. SATA, 3 NON raid, 250GB 160GB 500GB

7. disk0 = 250GB divided into 2 partion I have Vista installed on C:

disk1 = 160GB divided into 2 partion, I have arranged to install MAC OS X on second partition

disk 2 = 500GB 1 partition, no os just data

8. Windows Vista 64bit (installed MAX OS X and set dual boot)

9. GeForce 9600GT 512mb

10. SMC Wireless card: SMCWPCI-G

11. Audio HD, nforce lan, on board firewire, 8xusb

Part B.

1. I have iAtkos v5i (Leopard 10.5.5?)

2. I managed to install with "-v cpus=1" command. Then on customize I didn't know what to select, so I selected some nVidia Drivers etc and it installed all fine.

When I rebooted and made dual boot (followed the guide). I select the MAC OS X and my pc reboots immediately.

So, I unlugged all my SATA HDD installed PATA HDD (1x250gb) and installed again. same symptom persist.

I tried "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" still reboots.

I am noob so any guidance will great help.

What to do......

1. Check your BIOS settings against the recommended settings for 750i in post #1 of this thread and change as required......

2. Recommend that you partition your 160GB HDD into 3 volumes, using Master Boot Record (MBR) and format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), giving the volumes names without spaces, e.g. OSX_Boot, OSX_Main, OSX_Test, setting up

OSX_Boot as a 10GB volume in the first partition on the OS X HDD....a basic iATKOS 10.5.5 install, with cpus=1 and maxmem=2048 in apple.com.Boot.plist, which is never "messed" with, e.g. by Apple software updating etc. (it is only booted into for heavy Firewire/USB/LAN data transfers to/from the Main and/or Test OS X systems on the HDD).....this way the Darwin bootloader is pointing to all OS X volumes on the HDD and is never lost......

OSX_Main as a 125GB volume in the 2nd partition; this will be your main working system, which can be erased/formatted at will....the Darwin bootloader in OSX_Boot always points to it......

OSX_Test as a 125GB volume in the 3rd partition; this will be your initial installation & test system, which can be erased/formatted at will, and when fully working, cloned to OSX_Main....the Darwin bootloader in OSX_Boot always points to it......

3. Initially install OS X on OSX_Boot without any audio, network and video drivers selected from the Install DVD Customize menu in order to get the basic system working.......

4. For iATKOS vi 10.5.5, in Customize menu try choosing as follows:

iATKOS v5i Main System

Bootloader:PC EFI v9

X86Patches:

Decrypters:AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS drivers:SMBIOS Enablers:None

SMBIOS drivers:SMBIOS' for X86:AppleSMBIOS-27 6th rev MacPro

Kernel:9.5.0 Kernel voodoo

ACPI:x86 ACPI

ACPI:ACPI driver

Disabler.kext

Remove Thermal kexts

Drivers:None

5. The required audio, network and video kexts can be determined afterwards and installed using Kext Helper b7.......

6. After installation, remove the DVD and on restart boot with -v -f

Let me know how you get on with the above...... :(

It's best to NOT install ANY video drivers when installing Leopard, it has many issues, like black screens or restarts;)

Instead only install audio drivers at most...

As for LAN...Download eno's latest nForce LAN driver...

I have the Asus P5N-D aswell, and with a lot of headaches, it finally works perfectly:)

(see my sig for my entire setup:))

And one more important thing, DISABLE HPET in BIOS...

It's best to NOT install ANY video drivers when installing Leopard, it has many issues, like black screens or restarts;)

Instead only install audio drivers at most...

As for LAN...Download eno's latest nForce LAN driver...

I have the Asus P5N-D aswell, and with a lot of headaches, it finally works perfectly:)

(see my sig for my entire setup:))

And one more important thing, DISABLE HPET in BIOS...

eno is saying that with his latest nForceLAN.kext, you do not need to disable HPET (which Vista uses)......BTW have you got AppleHPET.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

as it may be loading when HPET is enabled in BIOS.......if so, rename it as AppleHPET.kext.orig so that it is not loaded.......this way you may be able to keep HPET enabled in BIOS for Vista.......

Thanks verdant

I will try this soon after my office hours are over.

Hopefully I will be able to play around with it little more.

Also, thank you ASNNetworks I actually PMed you when I saw your sig having same mobo as mine.

Anyway I will try JAS 10.5.4 if I can get it.

Thanks.

using PCwin's UBER BADASS IPC ppf1&2 applyed disc i got my system installed and working great accept that i can't use all my cpu cores, have to use cpus=1 to boot. Anyone know a good place to learn about fixing this issue, i am kinda new to hackintosh as far as the in depth stuff, any help would be appreciated. during install i selected the chamelion with patched dtst and forced compile with nothing good coming from it...

CPU=Q9550 @ 3Ghz per core

MEM=OCZ DDR3 2000 @ 1413Mhz 8-7-7-20-t1 P1&P2

MOBO=EVGA 790i FTW (bios vS13)

HDD = Many but osx on a 36Gb 10,000 RPM raptor (spare was open ^^)

DVD= Samsung 22x sata drive

VID=9800 GX2 Quad-sli (got QC/CI enabled)

MON=Triplehead2go digital on 3 FP202w's (22inch 16:10 monitors)

SND=Azalia (appleazalia.kext) (seems buggy) :P

LAN=Nforce LAN (Latest nForceLAN_0.62.11.kext)

using PCwin's UBER BADASS IPC ppf1&2 applyed disc i got my system installed and working great accept that i can't use all my cpu cores, have to use cpus=1 to boot. Anyone know a good place to learn about fixing this issue, i am kinda new to hackintosh as far as the in depth stuff, any help would be appreciated. during install i selected the chamelion with patched dtst and forced compile with nothing good coming from it...

SND=Azalia (appleazalia.kext) (seems buggy) :P

1. Check your BIOS settings against 790i recommended settings in post #1 of this thread

2. Note that nForce MOBOs cannot run with Vanilla kernel......use Voodoo

3. Voodoo kernel + 10.5.5 Seatbelt.kext needed for .dmg mounting etc.

what is your audio chipset codec?

i thought voodoo is for 10.5.5 i have 10.5.6 installed and everything is working including updates from apple, the only issue i am having is that i can't run more than 1 cpu core, and when i installed my sound and lan my mouse started to skip once in a while... sleep and shutdown work and i have only had 2 kernal panics and both of those where while i was installing from a dmg file, what is the reason vanilla won't work, considering i have nearly everying working? Oh and can i install voodoo kernal post install of my os?

Is there a way i can fix the DSDT with 10.5.6? :unsure:

Chipset= 790i nforce

SOUND=Azalia (appleazalia.kext) (realtek HD audio) (seems buggy) :D

i thought voodoo is for 10.5.5 i have 10.5.6 installed and everything is working including updates from apple, the only issue i am having is that i can't run more than 1 cpu core, and when i installed my sound and lan my mouse started to skip once in a while... sleep and shutdown work and i have only had 2 kernal panics and both of those where while i was installing from a dmg file, what is the reason vanilla won't work, considering i have nearly everying working? Oh and can i install voodoo kernal post install of my os?

Is there a way i can fix the DSDT with 10.5.6? :blink:

Chipset= 790i nforce

SOUND=Azalia (appleazalia.kext) (realtek HD audio) (seems buggy) :P

I am running 10.5.6 on my 650i MOBO with Voodoo 9.5.0 RV 0.1 Rev_A kernel without any DSDT mods needed but as I said in my post to you

nForce MOBOs cannot run with Vanilla kernel......use Voodoo 9.5.0 with 9.5.0 version System.kext

Voodoo kernel + 10.5.5 Seatbelt.kext needed for .dmg mounting etc.

See my iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Customize selections in my latest blog entry here....

You can install Voodoo kernel after iPC installation.......download installer from here.....

Regarding the Voodoo kernel, note the following from the Voodoo kernel User Documentation:

Anyone who cannot run Apple's stock kernel (aka 'vanilla' kernel). This includes all

processors except Apple-supported Intel Core/Core2 range and Xeon. Some people

who can use vanilla kernel might want to try the Voodoo kernel as well, which

could help fix some problems, specially related to multiple-core synchronization,

restart issues etc.

All other kernels have been superseded by the Voodoo kernel so everyone is advised

to upgrade.

The fact that you can only use 1 core is proof that nForce chipset MOBOs cannot run Apple's stock kernel (aka 'vanilla' kernel).......since Apple's stock kernel expects to "find" Intel chipsets on the MOBO......

YOUR A GENIUS!!! all 4 cores are worky worky, thank you, now two last issues if you would be so kind... i selected to add cpus=1 during boot in my plist thingy how do i remove that? and where do i get seatbelt.kext? :(

ah em naa worvy massa!!! bow to the king!!!

found seatbelt but after install i got the spining wait icon for the mouse and the desktop wouldn't come up... wierd, when i try and install dmg or pkg files the os crashes, i was attemping to install photoshop cs3 and divx for mac... grrr

found seatbelt but after install i got the spining wait icon for the mouse and the desktop wouldn't come up... wierd, when i try and install dmg or pkg files the os crashes, i was attemping to install photoshop cs3 and divx for mac... grrr

To remove cpus=1 from com.apple.Boot.plist file do follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Using cursor keys i.e. arrow keys to move about in file, delete cpus=1 from between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

Did you rename or remove 10.5.6 Seatbelt.kext........then install 10.5.5 Seatbelt.kext using either Terminal (i.e. manually copying, repairing permissions, touching) or Kext Helper b7 or OSx86Tools......and then reboot with -v -f......?

Dear Verdant & ASNNetworks

I was too busy over the weekend with move, but I finally manage to install OSX X

with your guys help.

Everything working except I haven't tried Firewall (I don't use it so, I don't want to bother installing the driver incase something goes wrong and I get panic).

Tried but can't get my wireless lan to work. (Also, don't use it much)

Trying to get OSX to open the files in folder with Korean characters. (I am Korean BTW)

Thank you guys again!

Verdant you rule!

Dear Verdant & ASNNetworks

I was too busy over the weekend with move, but I finally manage to install OSX X

with your guys help.

Everything working except I haven't tried Firewall (I don't use it so, I don't want to bother installing the driver incase something goes wrong and I get panic).

Tried but can't get my wireless lan to work. (Also, don't use it much)

Trying to get OSX to open the files in folder with Korean characters. (I am Korean BTW)

Thank you guys again!

Verdant you rule!

Glad to help........what progress on Firewire, wireless LAN (what is your WiFi card chipset?), displaying Korean characters....... :rolleyes:

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard ;

Core 2 Quad Q6600 ;

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory;

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card;

DVD - SATA; 2xDVD IDE

2 xHDD- SATA

On one HDD Windows XP x 64 PRO

Insall iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 sucsesfull but resarting -resarting no stop

What Do I do wrong? Maybe seting wrong Trying 5 days Help me Please

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard ;

Core 2 Quad Q6600 ;

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory;

EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card;

DVD - SATA; 2xDVD IDE

2 xHDD- SATA

On one HDD Windows XP x 64 PRO

Insall iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 sucsesfull but resarting -resarting no stop

What Do I do wrong? Maybe seting wrong Trying 5 days Help me Please

Start by checking your BIOS settings against the 780i recommended settings in the BIOS template in post #1, and then when installing iDeneb v1.3 only select in Customize as follows:

Audio: NO SELECTION initially

Chipset: AppleNForceATA

Kernel: 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

Network: Ethernet: NO SELECTION initially

Fix: AppleSMBIOS: AppleSMBIOS-27-MP i.e. for Mac Pro

Video: NO SELECTION initially

Applications: Your choice

After installation boot with -v -f maxmem=2048.......report what happens......

You can install Realtek ALC888 kext afterwards, trying ALC888 kexts from here or here, as well as eno's nForceLAN kext for your Marvell 88E1116 onboard LAN chipsets, and for your EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB from here or here or here.....

Also latest Voodoo kernel and slashack's ApplenForceATA......see post #1 in this thread......... ^_^

Start by checking your BIOS settings against the 780i recommended settings in the BIOS template in post #1, and then when installing iDeneb v1.3 only select in Customize as follows:

AMD Patch

You can install Realtek ALC888 kext afterwards, trying ALC888 kexts from here or here, as well as eno's nForceLAN kext for your Marvell 88E1116 onboard LAN chipsets, and for your EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB from here or here or here.....

Also latest Voodoo kernel and slashack's ApplenForceATA......see post #1 in this thread......... ^_^

Coudn't open session with configd: Configuration daemon not (no longer) avalible

I tried reset BIOS to defalt REstart it screen with apple and downloading -waited for 30 min nothing happened.

Also for setting in BIOS I couldn't find the opption to chenge from IDE to AHCI .Do I have to reset BIOS to defalt?

I realy appriat for you helping

Comp.txt

Coudn't open session with configd: Configuration daemon not (no longer) avalible

I tried reset BIOS to defalt REstart it screen with apple and downloading -waited for 30 min nothing happened.

Also for setting in BIOS I couldn't find the opption to chenge from IDE to AHCI .Do I have to reset BIOS to defalt?

Sorry, in my previous post I forgot to type DO NOT SELECT against AMD Patch......it should have been:

AMD Patch: DO NOT SELECT

Not all nForce MOBO BIOSs have a AHCI setting option........so just enable SATA Controller.......

When booting, boot with -v at Darwin boot: prompt.......report error messages/freezes of boot up screen......

Should you get stuck in a loop with "Do Not Transfer my information now" and the first boot from the HDD with the OS X Welcome Screen and then "Do you already own a Mac?", then

1. Run single user mode using the -s flag while booting i.e. type -s at the "boot:" prompt and wait for the prompt ":/ root#" to appear, then type each of the following lines, followed by Enter and then waiting for ":/ root#" to re-appear.

2. Mount the file system by typing "mount -uw /" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt.

3. Change the root password by typing "passwd root" at the ":/ root#" prompt and then typing in a new root password and retyping it again as requested.

4. Create the .AppleSetupDone file by typing

"touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes) at the ":/ root#" prompt

SND=Azalia (appleazalia.kext) (seems buggy) ;)

Out of curiosity, could you describe the steps and changes you took to getting iPC 10.5.6 to get to installer? We run a very similar system and ive been having problems getting anything to get past kernel panics.

I'll post more details in a bit, im going to try it again to get a better idea of whats wrong.

CPU = Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

MEM =4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, 7-7-7, 1.7v

MOBO = EVGA 790i FTW

HDD = 640GB WD Caviar SATA and 160 WD IDE

DVD = Samsung 22x SATA

VID = nvidia gtx 260

MON = LG l227wtg, 22inch

SND = onboard

LAN = onboard (but ill end up getting a network card to support the osx86

this is my error. any idea whats going on? im booting with the flags rd=disk0s1 cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v

fu2c8x.jpg

Out of curiosity, could you describe the steps and changes you took to getting iPC 10.5.6 to get to installer? We run a very similar system and ive been having problems getting anything to get past kernel panics.

I'll post more details in a bit, im going to try it again to get a better idea of whats wrong.

CPU = Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

MEM =4GB Corsair DDR3 1333, 7-7-7, 1.7v

MOBO = EVGA 790i FTW

HDD = 640GB WD Caviar SATA and 160 WD IDE

DVD = Samsung 22x SATA

VID = nvidia gtx 260

MON = LG l227wtg, 22inch

SND = onboard

LAN = onboard (but ill end up getting a network card to support the osx86

this is my error. any idea whats going on? im booting with the flags rd=disk0s1 cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v

fu2c8x.jpg

Check your BIOS settings against recommended settings for 790i in BIOS template......see post #1 of this thread

nForce MOBOs cannot run with Vanilla kernel......use Voodoo 9.5.0 with 9.5.0 version System.kext

Regarding the Voodoo kernel, note the following from the Voodoo kernel User Documentation:

Anyone who cannot run Apple's stock kernel (aka 'vanilla' kernel). This includes all

processors except Apple-supported Intel Core/Core2 range and Xeon. Some people

who can use vanilla kernel might want to try the Voodoo kernel as well, which

could help fix some problems, specially related to multiple-core synchronization,

restart issues etc.

All other kernels have been superseded by the Voodoo kernel so everyone is advised

to upgrade.

As regards nfs_boot error, do you have your onboard LAN connected to the Internet while installing.......if not, try with it connected.......if it is connected, then try without.......

thanks for the reply verdant. what ended up happening was i updated my bios and immidiately after that i was able to get into the installer.

unfortunately ive been stuck on getting the install to work. this is what i get:

28itct5.jpg

m installing iPC 0sx86 10.5.6 with the Nforce patch but neither of them are producing results.

Check your BIOS settings against recommended settings for 790i in BIOS template......see post #1 of this thread

okay so i tried your customize settings but with slightly different choices based on the fact im running a 790i board, ddr3 1333, and a gtx 260 with 896 MB, and onboard LAN and sound.

i booted with -v -f flags like you wrote and ended with this error:

2dkejyf.jpg

it stopped there and produced nothing further.

any ideas?

@ chasburgr

Initially get the basic system working using my Customize selections BUT without choosing audio, video and network options in Customize menu just to ensure that basic system is working with Voodoo kernel, AppleNForceATA, AppleSMBIOS, USB, 10.5.5 Seatbelt kext etc.......

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional but not selected by myself

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 :

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - Initially None

Drivers - Chipset Drivers - AppleNForceATATest nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers - Initially None

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - Initially None

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional but all selected except Marvin's AMD Utility

You can install audio, and video and network options afterwards by making selections in Customise and deselecting iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System option.....