New version 1.1 of GenericCPUPowerManagement

Superhai

625 posts in this topic

hey mitch_de

but speedstep.app is still working fine for me on voodoo xnu alpha 13?

Can you switch the MHZ ?

Because aotor of that 1.3.2 .kext, mercurysquad told me:

SpeedStep apps are broken, don't rely on them. The kext is correct. Try changing pstate using sudo sysctl -w kern.cputhrottle_curfreq=2160 or similar. The hw.maxfrequency and minfrequency will the same, that's not a problem. It's not used for anything so I have not bothered to fix it.

Superhai I just wanted to let you know that now, with your speedstep package, my VAIO SZ is usable 100% in OS-X. The machine would lock out at 1.83 Ghz before and get HOT. Now, it automatically throttles itself like a champ. This is a Core Duo (T2400). I am very grateful to you for you hard work. Thanks!

-Jason

Hi, i cant find the DL of the controll App (GenericCPUPMControl) .

Perhaps it is getting updated and so removed?

Also a new .kext (1.0.5) is available.

THANKS SUPERHAI starting coding again (after 4 weeks hawaii holidays :) )!

I was supposed to finish the new app yesterday, but tii much other things and I was very tired so I just had to skip it, should be ready today or tomorrow. The new version of the kext is more independent of the app, and has a few options in Info.plist. I hope it work with celeron/pentium m.

You will find the values with this command from terminal

ioreg -lxw0 -r -c GenericCPUPowerManagement | grep "CPU "

If it is not working, please provide more info than it is not working. (Try to give some info of your system and if you get any errors when the kext loads).

I was supposed to finish the new app yesterday, but tii much other things and I was very tired so I just had to skip it, should be ready today or tomorrow. The new version of the kext is more independent of the app, and has a few options in Info.plist. I hope it work with celeron/pentium m.

You will find the values with this command from terminal

If it is not working, please provide more info than it is not working. (Try to give some info of your system and if you get any errors when the kext loads).

THANKS !!!

I got:

"CPU Status" = {"Frequency ID"=0xa,"Low jump"=0x190,"Temperature"=0xffffffffffffffc8,"Auto Throttle"=Yes,"Timer"=0xfa,"High jump"=0x258,"Voltage ID"=0x28,"Load"=0x2d2}

"CPU Init" = {"CPU Signature"=0x6f2,"CTL max"=0xa2c,"FSB frequency min"=0x2faf0800,"FSB frequency max"=0x2faf0800,"CPU frequency min"=0x47868c00,"CTL min"=0x610,"CPU frequency max"=0x77359400}

My bios (as some others) has a bug reporting the PSTATES. I found out that this ACPI- DSTD? Table has some liitle bugs for that (using Intel Tools) but cant fixed by me. Gigabyte said: Win no problem - OS X/Linux: use those prepatched kernels. Linus has same probs than we with not 100% correct ACPI(Powermannagement) Impementations.

New Controll App (which can adjust/show some of the values above) will be very loved :thumbsup_anim:

I run now you new 1.0.5 kext for 5 hours without any problem on my C2D/ GA -EP35. GREAT! (Sure, with the buildin settings).

It's working on my Ideneb v3 10.5.5, so probably you have something wrong...

What means not working: Not loaded, dmesg errors, or????

The old Controll App didnt work with this new .kext because its heavy overhouled to V 1.0.3.

To controll the settings you, we have to wait for the new controll app.

What means not working: Not loaded, dmesg errors, or????

The old Controll App didnt work with this new .kext because its heavy overhouled to V 1.0.3.

To controll the settings you, we have to wait for the new controll app.

It doesn't "appear" to be working on my iDeneb 10.5.5, however suddenly my laptop is nice and cool instead of being a furnace (I installed the latest kext using KextHelper B7). I can't get any of the command lines to function, nor the old application to work, but unless it's a placebo effect, it must be doing something since my legs aren't on fire anymore :)

Looking forward to the new application so I can see exactly what it's up to.

No luck here with Intel Core2 Duo P8400...

"CPU Status" = {"Frequency ID"=0x86,"Low jump"=0x190,"Temperature"=0xffffffffffffffc4,"Auto Throttle"=Yes,"Timer"=0xfa,"High jump"=0x258,"Voltage ID"=0xd,"Load"=0xad}
     "CPU Init" = {"CPU Signature"=0x10676,"CTL max"=0x92c,"FSB frequency min"=0x1fca0556,"FSB frequency max"=0x3f940aac,"CPU frequency min"=0x2faf0801,"CTL min"=0x8610,"CPU frequency max"=0x7f281558}

MacOff

No luck here with Intel Core2 Duo P8400...

"CPU Status" = {"Frequency ID"=0x86,"Low jump"=0x190,"Temperature"=0xffffffffffffffc4,"Auto Throttle"=Yes,"Timer"=0xfa,"High jump"=0x258,"Voltage ID"=0xd,"Load"=0xad}
     "CPU Init" = {"CPU Signature"=0x10676,"CTL max"=0x92c,"FSB frequency min"=0x1fca0556,"FSB frequency max"=0x3f940aac,"CPU frequency min"=0x2faf0801,"CTL min"=0x8610,"CPU frequency max"=0x7f281558}

MacOff

??? No luck ?

You get it loaded so it will work. I dont understand your "no luck".

It doesn't "appear" to be working on my iDeneb 10.5.5, however suddenly my laptop is nice and cool instead of being a furnace (I installed the latest kext using KextHelper B7). I can't get any of the command lines to function, nor the old application to work, but unless it's a placebo effect, it must be doing something since my legs aren't on fire anymore :)

Looking forward to the new application so I can see exactly what it's up to.

I would NOT install it hat way (in system/extensions) - the kext is under development.

Better use kextload in terminal to load and test it.

??? No luck ?

You get it loaded so it will work. I dont understand your "no luck".

post-169936-1223630316_thumb.png

The kext is loaded but the app does not recognize it. now you understand when I say no luck?... I see that the app will not work with the new kext, so we will wait...

MacOff

Yeah, because some changes in the .kext the config app for the kext will not work until its get updated to.

But the .kext isself is autothrottled by default, so it will work even without the config. It may be for some dekatop users a bit to powersaving (means stays longer in lower MHZ speed) with its buildin setting.