New version 1.1 of GenericCPUPowerManagement

Superhai

625 posts in this topic

Some noobish questions from me:

1) Which Kext should I use? The One from mercurysquad or this one here? What are the differences between those (except the Application and the Pentium M-Problem?).

2) Can I combine the App from here with the other Kext (or the other way)?

Many thanks in Advance...and sorry if this was answered before........ :(

You cant use the control app for here (its only for superhai kext) with kext from mercurysquad.

USe that one that you find better (test it).

None of them has an major bug.

I changed something in the code of CPUPMControl:

1. Update frequence to show the values : from twice a second to one / second

= half cpu usage of control app itself, .kext and the app working good - its not needed anymore for so much values updates

2. MHZ and CPU Temp values are shown always in the menü

= you dont have to set it ON each start (you could put the app also in the startup)

3. Enabled relaced math (compiler option, fast math) , maybe it uses a bit less cpu cyles for the computation (* / + - ) of the values

to 2.: very quick & dirty changes for TEMP/MHZ in Menü

= the checkboxes for them are shown but changes (ON/OFF) there didnt have any effect

GenericCPUPMControl.zip

Thank you Superhai for your hard work.

It works great on my Sony Vaio laptop.

Here the output from sudo dmesg | grep GenericCPUPowerManagement

GenericCPUPowerManagement: Generic CPU Power Management Driver 1.0 © 2008 Superhai Development Co, based on works by mercurysquad

GenericCPUPowerManagement: For internal use only. All Rights Reserved. Support and documentaion http://www.superhai.com/

I changed something in the code of CPUPMControl:

1. Update frequence to show the values : from twice a second to one / second

= half cpu usage of control app itself, .kext and the app working good - its not needed anymore for so much values updates

2. MHZ and CPU Temp values are shown always in the menü

= you dont have to set it ON each start (you could put the app also in the startup)

3. Enabled relaced math (compiler option, fast math) , maybe it uses a bit less cpu cyles for the computation (* / + - ) of the values

to 2.: very quick & dirty changes for TEMP/MHZ in Menü

= the checkboxes for them are shown but changes (ON/OFF) there didnt have any effect

hmm, cannot download for some reason. always gets index.php and quits. anybody else having problems? vielen Dank uebrigens.

hmm, cannot download for some reason. always gets index.php and quits. anybody else having problems? vielen Dank uebrigens.

(User wants to DL my a bit modded control.app (shows temp/mhz by default, less cpu usage by less often show values refreshing - DL LINK some posts above mitchde)

I tried it : DL worked.

You can PM me to send it by mail (its only 30 KB) .

(User wants to DL my a bit modded control.app (shows temp/mhz by default, less cpu usage by less often show values refreshing - DL LINK some posts above mitchde)

I tried it : DL worked.

You can PM me to send it by mail (its only 30 KB) .

not sure what happened before. thanks, working now.

superhai uploaded new .kext (.18). changes unknown but there are now mVolts in the .plist prefs insted of the old VID numbers (was 16, 46 , now more readable 950, 12XX mV)

This is nice for all who must/want enabled the overwrite mode of the voltages.

superhai uploaded new .kext (.18). changes unknown but there are now mVolts in the .plist prefs insted of the old VID numbers (was 16, 46 , now more readable 950, 12XX mV)

This is nice for all who must/want enabled the overwrite mode of the voltages.

Very good indeed !

I suppose I can change 950 in .plist for something less for undervolting mine msi wind ain'it ?!

Very excited.

p.s. I see SuperHai is just ready for Snow Edition..That's a very fast guy :wacko:

[EDIT] I edit the plist ,changed the voltage-min to 800 , the kext is correctly loaded but in th GUI I don't see anything.

I played even with the string <key> override</key> swithing it from false to true --> gives KP

Can't I set min voltage under 950 ?

Very good indeed !

I suppose I can change 950 in .plist for something less for undervolting mine msi wind ain'it ?!

Very excited.

p.s. I see SuperHai is just ready for Snow Edition..That's a very fast guy ;)

[EDIT] I edit the plist ,changed the voltage-min to 800 , the kext is correctly loaded but in th GUI I don't see anything.

I played even with the string override swithing it from false to true --> gives KP

To use the mVolt changes you MUST! also set overwrite (YES) too.

Perhaps the .kext didnt know exact the way for your ATOM CPU (KP).

For me it works - but i dont know how new V 18 uses the mVolts, because there must be an stepping (16 or 25 mV).

I set max to 1350 MV but it didnt go so high. before with the VID i could set max to 51 and it goes around 1340 mV.

We must wait for superhai which values we can use.

I played even with the string <key> override</key> swithing it from false to true --> gives KP

It should be. Can you post the panic?

I think I found out why. Download newest version and try.

may disable the possibility to see the shared folders?

just a question coz i cant see via lan no1 other pc connected in my router....

Wonder if is this the problem, just asking if somebody having the same problem or its only me...

It should be. Can you post the panic?

I think I found out why. Download newest version and try.

Do u mean the debug one or other ?

[Edit] with the normal version I got KP again , if setted the key @true and the min voltage @800 ...

Do u mean the debug one or other ?

[Edit] with the normal version I got KP again , if setted the key @true and the min voltage @800 ...

If you want me to fix kernel panics, you must post it to me. It is very difficult to find out what is wrong without seeing where it goes wrong.