Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center

~pcwiz

128 posts in this topic

Is there a definitive way to get sound working on a GS-EP35-DS3L? I've gone through this thread and all of the others listed and at some

point I managed to copy the right set of kexts to get sound fully functional so i know its possible but after rebooting I'm back to

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

It seems like this is very common question and problem, so could someone please summarize a working solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ditto Stephen's request on audio assistance for the EP35-DS3L. At various points I've had it working, but something with the 10.5.5 upgrade broke it and I've completely failed in getting it working again. Thanks!

Is there a definitive way to get sound working on a GS-EP35-DS3L? I've gone through this thread and all of the others listed and at some

point I managed to copy the right set of kexts to get sound fully functional so i know its possible but after rebooting I'm back to

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A002

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

It seems like this is very common question and problem, so could someone please summarize a working solution?

Just tried your controlcenter with vanilla 10.5.5 and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (Rev.1) and everything works nicely.

Thanks alot for your work :-D

PS: Your OSX86Tools also rocks -> both tools (and boot132 & Chameleon) helped me install 10.5.5 on my PC with ease :-)

THANKS ALOT again :-)

Very nice programs indeed

However Some stuff has to be noticed

on EP35 DS4 10.5.5 Ideneb 1.3

- Restart Fix not needed as it is working OOB

- SMBIOS Fix give less informations as an Ideneb SMBIOS 800 (for DDR 800 of course)

- Shutdown Fix is working !

- SATA/IDE driver working !

- Sound and Ethernet Driver working !

- 10.5.4 Vanilla Fix and the other one is not really usefull as 9.5.0 is really working well but for sleep/screensavers

It could be really nice to have this same program updated for the 10.5.5 / (9.50) OSX

Hi

I succesfuly installed Leopard 10.5.0 from retail dvd using boot-132 method and updated to 10.5.1, next 10.5.5 (ComboUpdaters from Apple) and installed needed kexts.

Everything seemed to work, but I noticed that DVD drive stoped respond (no ejected) after few minutes with disk in it, drives go to sleep, freezes, only restart helps.

Tried different combinations, various of kexts, no results. The same problem occurred with GA-G33-DS3R. Both mobos have ICH9R. Tried different dvd drives (Liteon, Pioneer, Plextor - all SATA)

Anybody noticed that issue in AHCI mode? How can I resolve it?

Hi

Everything seemed to work, but I noticed that DVD drive stoped respond (no ejected) after few minutes with disk in it, drives go to sleep, freezes, only restart helps.

Tried different combinations, various of kexts, no results. The same problem occurred with GA-G33-DS3R. Both mobos have ICH9R. Tried different dvd drives (Liteon, Pioneer, Plextor - all SATA)

Anybody noticed that issue in AHCI mode? How can I resolve it?

No, my GA Ep35 works without that DVD sleep problem.

BUT!!! if i try to use an scratched disk(=CD/DVD) or other bad disk it can happen also.

I think the drive firmware hangs up or didnt communicate with OSX anymore if cd/dvd disc has some crazy stuff/is bad.

Are you sure that your disc is 100% OK ?

No, my GA Ep35 works without that DVD sleep problem.

BUT!!! if i try to use an scratched disk(=CD/DVD) or other bad disk it can happen also.

I think the drive firmware hangs up or didnt communicate with OSX anymore if cd/dvd disc has some crazy stuff/is bad.

Are you sure that your disc is 100% OK ?

I'm sure it's Leopard install disk. Tried different disks (CD-R, DVD-R, DVD-RW). The same problem occurred with GA-G33-DS3R mobo. Both mobos have ICH9R (AHCI mode). Tried different dvd drives (Liteon, Pioneer, Plextor - all SATA).

After inserting disk I can read it, that issue occurs after few minutes (I can hear that drives shut down). May be something with power saving?

I can confirm this DVD "Sleep" Problem with my GA-P35-DS3 Board.

I tried to swap the SATA-Ports from SATA0->SATA3 for DVD-LW and SATA1->SATA2 For HD, maybe this helps, because in BIOS there is this strange IDE Compatability-Option for Port SATA0 and SATA1 which can't be switched off ?!

But I haven't got time to doublecheck if it's working now. Will check today, and report back...

Update:

Problem still exist, DVD won't work after some time.. Only a restart helps.

Anyone got a solution for this , maybe the SATA-Driver is faulty ?

Big Thanks to PCWIZ for this app and OSX86Tools app! I've run into a problem (of my own making) and desperately need help.

I have the DS3R board. It's been running Kaly10.1 ->10.3 ->10.5 with only an occasional kernel (ToH 9.2.0) panic. Vanilla for some reason doesn't work on my system.

I know this tool isn't for 10.5.5 but my system would turn back on automatically a few minutes after shutting down. I was desperate and I didn't think the reboot fix would hurt.

The good news is the system stopped booting automatically. The bad news is I can't get past the Apple Logo and spinning gear.

I've booted off of another OSX and tried to find the AppleACP...kext file to replace it with the one in my working system.

However, the only one I could find was in the "backupkexts prior to 10.5.5" folder. I replaced that anyway, figuring it was a waste of time, which it was.

Can someone please help me find and replace that file? I'm not a programmer. I know how to open the terminal and paste code into it. But that's about it.

PS. I notice there are different versions to this board (v2 and so on). How do I find what version my board is?

Thanks in advance to the good soul who takes some of their precious time to help me out.

Update

Fixed! I ran one of the 10.5.5 updater methods on this forum, from the system that worked but had it install to the broken system. That fixed it. If anyone else has a system that died, you might want to try this method.

Machine: EP35-DS3R MOB, EN8600GT graphic, ToH 9.2.0 Kernel, Core 2 Quad Q6600

I can confirm this DVD "Sleep" Problem with my GA-P35-DS3 Board.

I tried to swap the SATA-Ports from SATA0->SATA3 for DVD-LW and SATA1->SATA2 For HD, maybe this helps, because in BIOS there is this strange IDE Compatability-Option for Port SATA0 and SATA1 which can't be switched off ?!

But I haven't got time to doublecheck if it's working now. Will check today, and report back...

Update:

Problem still exist, DVD won't work after some time.. Only a restart helps.

Anyone got a solution for this , maybe the SATA-Driver is faulty ?

Found here discus about dvd drive eject issue.

Currently testing IDE mode (AHCI disabled), seems to be ok. Bonus: no needed orange icons fix, internal are gray and external are orange (if you have JMicron SATA controller or similar supporting AHCI) like in real Mac.

So whast is the best method to achieve a successful Shut Down on GA-P35-DS3R running on 10.5.5? I was not able to download the OpenHalt Kext file from pystar.com (must be the out of court settlement with Apple), is there any other solution as simple as that? At the moment, whenever I shutdown, the screen goes blank but the computer doesn't actually power down. I'm running iDeneb v.13 10.5.5 with vanilla 9.5 kernel.

I have the same problem with my SATA DVD drive (a Liteon drive crossflashed to a Benq). After a while of inactivity, ejecting the drive causes Finder to crashes and I have to manually force shut down the computer. However, I have another IDE DVD drive (ASUS crossflashed to Pioneer) that gets detected as a SuperDrive (:D) and doesn't seem to be effected by the same problem, it works just fine.

So whast is the best method to achieve a successful Shut Down on GA-P35-DS3R running on 10.5.5? I was not able to download the OpenHalt Kext file from pystar.com (must be the out of court settlement with Apple), is there any other solution as simple as that? At the moment, whenever I shutdown, the screen goes blank but the computer doesn't actually power down. I'm running iDeneb v.13 10.5.5 with vanilla 9.5 kernel.

Try this, OpenHaltRestart.kext for me works almost perfect with not patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext

I have the same problem with my SATA DVD drive (a Liteon drive crossflashed to a Benq). After a while of inactivity, ejecting the drive causes Finder to crashes and I have to manually force shut down the computer. However, I have another IDE DVD drive (ASUS crossflashed to Pioneer) that gets detected as a SuperDrive (;)) and doesn't seem to be effected by the same problem, it works just fine.

I s'pose that problem is with AHCI driver and probably most of onboard storage controllers are not fully supported in AHCI mode and incorrect recognised (as external - orange icons). In real Mac Pro DVD drives are ATAs connected to IDE channel, HDDs are connected to SATA channels in AHCI mode.

My sugestion is to disable AHCI mode if you're using SATA DVD drive. Other way is to disable "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible." in the Energy Saver panel in System Preferences (not tested).

Anybody got correct drive icons in AHCI mode without patching kexts? It's possible? Maybe some guru 'll write AHCI driver?

Markus, did you install OSX using a retail disk? If you did, can you post a link to the boot123 cd that you used? I have a GA-P35-DS3 (Rev.1) also and trying to reinstall OSX and will be using Chameleon. I used Kalyway to install OSX before. Thanks!

Just tried your controlcenter with vanilla 10.5.5 and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (Rev.1) and everything works nicely.

Thanks alot for your work :-D

PS: Your OSX86Tools also rocks -> both tools (and boot132 & Chameleon) helped me install 10.5.5 on my PC with ease :-)

THANKS ALOT again :-)

Try this, OpenHaltRestart.kext for me works almost perfect with not patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext

I s'pose that problem is with AHCI driver and probably most of onboard storage controllers are not fully supported in AHCI mode and incorrect recognised (as external - orange icons). In real Mac Pro DVD drives are ATAs connected to IDE channel, HDDs are connected to SATA channels in AHCI mode.

My sugestion is to disable AHCI mode if you're using SATA DVD drive. Other way is to disable "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible." in the Energy Saver panel in System Preferences (not tested).

Anybody got correct drive icons in AHCI mode without patching kexts? It's possible? Maybe some guru 'll write AHCI driver?

Thanks for that Bungo..but suddenly my OSx86 installation just messed up. :censored2: Now I can;t boot into OS X anymore, and I even tried Time Machine to backup, only to get a "boot0" error.

What happened was: I left my computer (with OS X running) and when I came back, the computer had just shut down (and i made sure there was no power outage, barely ever happens here). The second time I tried leaving it on idle, and i came back after about 30 minutes or so, the screen had gone black, there was no Video signal input to the monitor..and whats even more scarier was that my hard drive light was constantly blinking, rock solid..i feared that maybe my hard drive had crashed. And then since then, I have not been able to boot back into OS X again, it game me an error saying com.apple.Boot.plist file had gone missing. :lol: How could all this happen?

Is OSx86 causing my hard drives to get messed up? I tried both the S3 setting and then after the first crash, I changed it to S1 in my BIOS. But still the OS X installation managed to screw up. I did not do any major changes that could have done this, it sounds like a hardware issue..but I've never had this happen in Windows, and the drive works fine in Windows even now.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Anyone experienced anything like this? Please help!!

Thanks for that Bungo..but suddenly my OSx86 installation just messed up. :unsure: Now I can;t boot into OS X anymore, and I even tried Time Machine to backup, only to get a "boot0" error.

What happened was: I left my computer (with OS X running) and when I came back, the computer had just shut down (and i made sure there was no power outage, barely ever happens here). The second time I tried leaving it on idle, and i came back after about 30 minutes or so, the screen had gone black, there was no Video signal input to the monitor..and whats even more scarier was that my hard drive light was constantly blinking, rock solid..i feared that maybe my hard drive had crashed. And then since then, I have not been able to boot back into OS X again, it game me an error saying com.apple.Boot.plist file had gone missing. :blink: How could all this happen?

Is OSx86 causing my hard drives to get messed up? I tried both the S3 setting and then after the first crash, I changed it to S1 in my BIOS. But still the OS X installation managed to screw up. I did not do any major changes that could have done this, it sounds like a hardware issue..but I've never had this happen in Windows, and the drive works fine in Windows even now.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Anyone experienced anything like this? Please help!!

Are you sure you're machine was completely off? Maybe it was only sleeped (looks like shut down)? Power button can wake it up.

Maybe partition table is damaged. It'll may happen if you're trying to reset/shut down during bootting/system accessing to disk (in Windows too).

Try this

Are you sure you're machine was completely off? Maybe it was only sleeped (looks like shut down)? Power button can wake it up.

Maybe partition table is damaged. It'll may happen if you're trying to reset/shut down during bootting/system accessing to disk (in Windows too).

Try this

Yes, you are right it did go to sleep, because I remember that when I pressed the power button, all i got was a blank screen..meaning it could not wake up from sleep.

I think the main problem was it was going to sleep, which caused it to mess up. Is there a way to make OSx86 sleep in S3 mode on GA-P35-DS3x boards yet?

Yes, you are right it did go to sleep, because I remember that when I pressed the power button, all i got was a blank screen..meaning it could not wake up from sleep.

I think the main problem was it was going to sleep, which caused it to mess up. Is there a way to make OSx86 sleep in S3 mode on GA-P35-DS3x boards yet?

I don't have same motherboard like your but try search this

• 1 month later...