Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center

~pcwiz

128 posts in this topic

pluto69, are you positive that you didn't install the Restart fix as well? Shutdown fix shouldn't cause any problems at boot...

Hi, pcwiz

Well, I installed both the shutdown fix and the restart fix at the same time and only after I rebooted the pc to test if they worked.

Anyway, Is there any way to make the system boot again, or I need to format and re-install Leopard again?

Bye and thanks for you answer.

pluto69

Thanks for all the great work. Everything works 100% apart from one little thing - the headphones do not mute the speakers when plugged in - they never did. I have to go into sound to select the input internal speaker (I have monitor ones) or headphones. I was hoping this latest pack would solve it, but alas no. Is this normal or have other people come across it and found a fix?

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Install as per latest guide.

P35-DS4 R2 Bios F13

Nvidia 8800 GT

SATA DVD and HD (XP duel boot)

~pcwiz, First off, THANK YOU, this program is a fantastic addition to this community, as you know there are more than a couple ds3X boards out there.

secondly I want to challenge you... I've got a very similar setup I have been trying to get working using boot-132 and software raid for quite some time with no luck. If you can get this to work your xbench score will be around what it is now w/o HDD score, when hdd is included.. so lets try and get it working, with chameleon natively supporting raid boot, it doesn't seem like it should be a problem, but i cannot get it working.. please see my thread at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=122775&hl= and offer any advice you may have... thanks again!!

Regards,

.sith.

Thanks for the conformation Pcwiz the front audio will not auto detect and thanks again for all the help you have given us, its much appreciated.

I will try to find a work around say an friendly icon with a small script behind it that does the manual bit for us, it would be so much better for VOIP and people like me who's speakers do not have mic in.

Thank you so much for this. My SATA is now picked up, Profiler works, boot time is MUCH faster, and everything else is nifty.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Just letting you know that the sound drivers ALC888/889 did not work. I looked into the thread that you linked a few pages back regarding sound drivers. Apparently, after reading the thread, the ALC888 driver found there does not have the device id needed for this board.

Aside from the sound thing - which can be easily addressed via peripheral external sound cards - everything else is working fine. I wish this addressed gfx cards also =) I have an 8800GT that needs some Hackintosh love.

There IS a small issue, but I don't know if it's actually a problem or if it's Profiler just being dumb. I have a Q6600. Profiler only shows 1 core, however, when I go to Activity Monitor -> CPU, it shows 4 black rectangles (1 for each core) and shows activity on each (under CPU usage).

I'm not technical enough to know if this issue is related to the drivers that your tool here addresses. If this part is off-topic, I apologize.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for this. My SATA is now picked up, Profiler works, boot time is MUCH faster, and everything else is nifty.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Just letting you know that the sound drivers ALC888/889 did not work. I looked into the thread that you linked a few pages back regarding sound drivers. Apparently, after reading the thread, the ALC888 driver found there does not have the device id needed for this board.

Try installing the sound driver one more time. Some times it doesn't install properly with the first install.

Hi, I also have the GA-P35-DS3L (rev.1001), and everything work perfectly except for the ALC888 driver, I have tryed the original one from that previous post on this thread but I get a "Not installed correctly, this cannot be used" message of sorts. Just to make sure I have tryed the ALC889A driver and no luck there. Is there a way to fix this? If not i can always stick in an old Sound Blaster Pro card. Thanks Will.

EDIT: PS. Thanks PCWiz! Your osx86 tool is amazing also!

• 2 weeks later...

After installing restart fix i get

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

Darwin kernel Version 9.4.0 : Mon. Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20 ~1/RELEASE_I386

standard timelicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 833761 free pages and 214815 wired pages

mig_table_max_dipl = 79

Exstension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=2 Disabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=3 Disabled

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbealt MACF initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbealt policy (mb)

Loading security extension com.apple.security. TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Copiright © 1982, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of The University of California. All rights reserved

MAC Framework succesuful initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Same problem as pluto69

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance, and thanks to pcwiz for putting in the time to make the installer

pcwiz,

does the shutdown-fix work on currrent 10.5.5 (vanilla) install?

Yeah it would work - BUT I now use (insted the well know, script based fix) the

http://www.psystar.com/openhaltrestart.html

Ist called OpenHaltRestart and its an .kext. (download over link above)

The OpenHaltRestart kext will solve any restart and shutdown problems for PC-based machines. OpenHaltRestart is a kext that, once installed, will ensure that your machine will restart and shutdown correctly. This requires no kernel modification and will work on completely vanilla installations.

For me it Works perfect. Its more direct than those scipt running at the shutdown using chud call.

Dont forget to remove the shutdown-fix sripts (are in /library/startup) - it will not be an problem if you leave it, but with the .kext its needless.

For me it Works perfect. Its more direct than those scipt running at the shutdown using chud call.

Dont forget to remove the shutdown-fix sripts (are in /library/startup) - it will not be an problem if you leave it, but with the .kext its needless.

unfortunately that kext by pystar didn't do zip on my computer. so i doubt it will work for everyone...

unfortunately that kext by pystar didn't do zip on my computer. so i doubt it will work for everyone...

What di you mean with dont zip ?

Be sure that you installit with rights OK. Use OSX Tools for that or kext helper app.

Maybe its not for Quad CPUs if you installed it correct.

Also you have had one reboot or kextload it before first restart. Without that (loaded by system or kextload ) the kext

will not work because not loaded, if you shutdown after install of kext.

hi

here's something to try

when i unzipped the kext i got "OpenHaltRestart_1.0.3.kext" which didn't work.

actually this turned out to be a folder with a kext extention :D the REAL kext was inside it "OpenHaltRestart.kext" (show package contents to open it)

once i installed this it worked great- :D

hi

when i unzipped the kext i got "OpenHaltRestart_1.0.3.kext" which didn't work.

actually this turned out to be a folder with a kext extention :D the REAL kext was inside it "OpenHaltRestart.kext" (show package contents to open it)

once i installed this it worked great- :D

Yeah, that´s a bit ?? , i forget to "warn" abou that dump naming of the folder.

So make it as steeple - dont use the folder named OpenHaltRestart_1.0.3.kext as an .kext (isnt a "real kext" ) - take the .kext within the folder.

I have the same board and I can say that it does works. What method did you use to install your OSX?

Here's what I found out. I used boot-132 via GA-P35-DS4_ISO.iso. Afterwards, I was never able to get my system to Shutdown no matter which methods available on this forum. My last resort was the OpenHaltRestart.kext and it still didn't work for me at first. So I knew that something wasn't right with my setup.

I decided to look inside the Extensions.mkext to see what kexts were inside and then cross-reference them with other modded boot-132. Of the 29 kext files that were originally in the GA-P35-DS4_ISO.iso, I started my test by removing the kexts I think I didn't need for this board and after many many attempts I finally narrowed the list down to just 7. At this point I had already tried 3 different Shutdown fix: GigabyteP35CC, poweroff_fix, and OpenHaltRestart.kext. I rebooted and ran -v -f. Once in I shutdown and to my surprise it worked. I then ran the uninstall.sh from the poweroff_fix and rebooted. Again, I shutdown and it still works.

If anyone used the GA-P35-DS4_ISO.iso boot-132 with the P35-DS3L board then you may need to remove certain kexts from the boot loader. Although it allowed you to install properly, Shutdown may not work afterward because keep in mind that the GA-P35-DS4_ISO was modded for that board. The GA-P35-DS3L.iso didn't work for me. It crashed halfway during installation.

So here are the current kexts that I have in my Extra\Extensions\

AppleDecrypt

AppleHDA

AppleSMBIOS

HDAEnabler

IntelCPUMDisabler

IntelPIIXATA

RealtekR1000

I then decided to redo a clean retail Leopard installation to my main partition from an external Leopard USB HDD and then used just the OpenHaltRestart.kext. It works!

Thanks a lot ~pcwiz. As a newbie, I was dreaming of a pretty neat install without typing a single line of code, and you made it come true! :P

The sound isn't perfect on my board though, especially with VLC, but it may come from the Vanilla Kernel I chose: it messes with my 45µm E7200 and also cause the wrong clock issue. The solution is to use the Mobdin Kernel, instead of Vanilla, so I'd like to know if I can switch safely from the Control Center, even if I didn't install it from there, or if I'd better reinstall.