Apple Red theme release

281 posts in this topic

Meh - I've already gone back to normal Leopard... I would make tons of versions if the Time/Date thing could be fixed, but then again, it also involves having to edit the menubar icons in order to get it looking half-decent. Just too much tinkering for me...

I'm willing to put in the effort.

But I hear that when altering the SArtFile.bin it actually increases the file size by double.

This really turns me off the whole process. But if it would look entirely clean, with time/date as you say, I'd be a total convert.

I'm willing to put in the effort.

But I hear that when altering the SArtFile.bin it actually increases the file size by double.

This really turns me off the whole process. But if it would look entirely clean, with time/date as you say, I'd be a total convert.

Where did you hear/read that? If you look at one of my previous posts, you'll find a link to the decoder and encoder for the SArtFile.bin. Doesn't double the file size at all...

This is my first leopard theme I made and really only mods the menu bar as I know many people wanted a dark menu bar so here it is :(

menurm5.png

menu1rp4.png

[Note::If you have transparent menu bar disable it to see the new one]

Download below

Read the readme to install

Apple_Red.zip

thanks for the cool look. I followed the readme and all worked great

OK I messed around a little and I came up with one I really like.

Edit: Gray Menubar Theme V2 ;)

Changed the previews, so as not to mislead anyone, after Sabr told me my font was ugly lolz

I also included the original SArtFile.bin & Extras2.rsrc but you all should be backing up your stuff.

Previews:

menu1ct2.pngmenu2mp0.png

Downloads:

Gray_Menubar_Theme_V2.zip

Original_backup.zip

@ chekkz - eww!! The font looks horrible! :D

Haha i guess i should have probably put that is just my font choice I'm using with Silk beta... that wont affect anyone's installation. You'll all still get Lucida Grande.

I edited the post above :thumbsdown_anim:

@chekkz

I'm really digging the slight grey variation. But there is something that is really annoying, the apple is different sizes for click and non-click states:

2zqhaw6.jpg

Can you fix that and make a grey one to match the grey of the Finder window. That would be choice! Thx!!

Hey Sabr,

I tried the Apple Chrome on the menbar with Pspfreak's Extras2.rsrc. I ended up with the normal menubar, except with white text :lol: That means somehow the SArtFile.bin isn't working properly. I made sure to delete the old one before installing the new one, and I cleared all the system caches but it didn't work. Thanks for the work! :D

Then it's a problem on your end - since it works fine here (no need to restart btw, just relaunch Finder):

Picture_1-20080728-235404.jpg

The above image is without the modded Extras2.rsrc (hence the black text)...

@chekkz

I'm really digging the slight grey variation. But there is something that is really annoying, the apple is different sizes for click and non-click states:

2zqhaw6.jpg

Can you fix that and make a grey one to match the grey of the Finder window. That would be choice! Thx!!

I see what u mean but it seems to be the same no matter which one I use, the mods or the original...was nothing I did to change the size, all I did was edit the color of the original. -_-

About a gray one to match the finder? You mean to match the finder when the window is selected?

I see what u mean but it seems to be the same no matter which one I use, the mods or the original...was nothing I did to change the size, all I did was edit the color of the original.

It's probably the stroke (outter-line of pixels) on the Apple on the slected image. Just make the unselected and selected the same png, then you'll have no problem at all... -_-

Then it's a problem on your end - since it works fine here (no need to restart btw, just relaunch Finder):

Picture_1-20080728-235404.jpg

The above image is without the modded Extras2.rsrc (hence the black text)...

OK, thanks, I'll try it again and tell you how it goes...

What color should the highlights be :)

Looking good. I see you've edited the transparent png's this time. Personally, I'd keep the highlight as the default blue or change it to a dark grey. :)

It's a shame about the date/time text colour issue though...

I'm soon going to make one of those screenshots and have different colors for each number PNG since I know them all by heart now. :wacko:

Give me some time and I'll try to bang it out. :D