Apple Red theme release

281 posts in this topic

The blue doesn't go with the wood effect... :P

Looks cool though.

Thanks...yes i know it doesn't go with it lolz thats why i asked for suggestions on the color. :wacko:

do you have any suggestion? :D

Is it just me, or does the menu bar convert back to white whenever I have another application in focus, other than Finder.

Like I'm using Firefox, and the menu bar is back to it's original color, but is soon as I switch to Finder, it changes to the modded black color.

Any help? =/

Is it just me, or does the menu bar convert back to white whenever I have another application in focus, other than Finder.

Like I'm using Firefox, and the menu bar is back to it's original color, but is soon as I switch to Finder, it changes to the modded black color.

Any help? =/

Just quit all your applications, and relaunch Finder. Unless this is happening after restarting?

Any help? =/

Just quit all your applications, and relaunch Finder. Unless this is happening after restarting?

Yea I concur with what Sabr said... and I'm almost certain it's not happening after restarting the app. That tripped me out the first time too lolz. Anything app that you want the new theme to be applied to has to be restarted. (Don't need to restart your machine) :blink:

@Sabr...

for my Sake... as U PpL have been doing it In n Out..

Please change the highlight color to green

If I could learn how to convert the highlights to a color of my choice... Green!!!

I visualize... it'll Look AMAZYN..

@-MoC- would you please create one file with the black menubar, Black drop down n Green highlights ? lyk the matrix theme..

Thanks in Advance.

@Chekkz

where did U get that < Wood N Work xD Background from ?

EDIT - found the location of thr background.. http://www.galaxygui.com/

Can try that in the woodn theme.. U may want to use the dark brown (in the stars) for the highlights with the other brown for the menubar..

Yea I concur with what Sabr said... and I'm almost certain it's not happening after restarting the app. That tripped me out the first time too lolz. Anything app that you want the new theme to be applied to has to be restarted. (Don't need to restart your machine) :)

Well actually, I hadn't restarted...

I just relaunched Finder.

I'm currently in Vista, so I'll boot back into Leopard later and I'll see if it works or not.

Thanks for the advice.

@Chekkz

where did U get that < Wood N Work xD Background from ?

EDIT - found the location of thr background.. http://www.galaxygui.com/

Can try that in the woodn theme.. U may want to use the dark brown (in the stars) for the highlights with the other brown for the menubar..

I made the wallpaper, and i'll try the dark brown you suggested. Thanks.

Yay 1st post!

Ontopic: I have a question as to the location of where to install the sartfile.bin

I go to system>library>privateframeworks> ?

The readme from the first page says I should go to CoreUI.framework next, but I don't see it.

The only things that I see with 'core' in them is - CALCore.framework , CoreMediaAuthoringPrivate.framework , and CoreMediaPrivate.framework

help plx :/

@Karvastor..

copy the whole path from the textfile, switch to finder from the textedit

click on <Go> in the menubar, choose <go to folder> paste the path and click ok.. will take you to the hidden folder,,

This is how one can navigate to any hidden folder..

same about the 2nd file..

Thanks

Umang

@Espionage724

picture1od7.png

So far I did these menu bar icons shown in the screenie:

Spaces

Volume

ScriptMenu

HomeSync

Eject

Fax

Keychain

Displays

User

Time Machine (not completely as you can see. I guess there are some files elsewhere, I looked in the time machine app as well but didn't see anymore to edit. so maybe somebody can help with that.)

I'm not sure about the time, date, and spotlight :/ I assume the settings for these are stored somewhere else?

To change them you'll have to go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and then show package contents for each menu item... Navigate to the resources folder and replace the pdf there.

Yep I know. But he didn't change some things that I needed changed (Airport and Battery). I used his Volume and Eject button though. Right now i'm looking for a way to change other icons like Vuze and Adium (they also have little icons that rest up in the top menu bar). Their black also but I can't seem to find the icon image for either of them.

Anyone want my battery and Airport inverted color files?

@Karvastor..

copy the whole path from the textfile, switch to finder from the textedit

click on <Go> in the menubar, choose <go to folder> paste the path and click ok.. will take you to the hidden folder,,

This is how one can navigate to any hidden folder..

same about the 2nd file..

Thanks

Umang

Hey, thanks for the help, but for some reason it's not being located.

I paste this exactly, into the "go to the folder" - /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/

It doesn't come up with anything 0_0 It's probably called something else because of my old OS ... iono

10.3.9 Yeah, im oldschool :P Im thinking of getting 10.4 soon

dude! you could use shapeshifter... no??

@ Espionage724...I'm not a he.. I'm a girl.. lolz ;)

And here are the ones fro adium: u gotta change them under:

/Users/YOUR NAME HERE/Library/Application Support/Adium 2.0/Menu Bar Icons

Then show package of the icons you want to replace, and put in the new ones.

adium_menu_white.zip