Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

For what it's worth, found this about out Dell Media Direct Version 4... way different than others b/c it's not it's own partition.

By the way, my F6 startup for recovery doesn't work anymore after adding OSX (side point)

http://www.xps-wiki.com/wiki/Remapping_the...iaDirect_Button

It may lead to some info later by me about useing it to boot OSX in a dual/tripple boot setup like I currently have.

It may also be part of a clue on how to turn on and leave on the backlight on those keys... if not in OSX, at least in windows.

Very insteresting would be sweet if we could just tap one key and have it load mac or tap another key and have it load whatever...... with out having to go to a boot loader or even a one time boot menu like I do as I run on a external HDD until we can get video.......

no more studio ? new xps ?

discount is last day on studio versions,.....

new centrino 2 are coming,.... but only with ATI graphics,....

new xps , 13 and 16 coming

anybody know if the new xps 16 or E6400, E6500 have a replaceable graphics slot ?

think the new version is mxm 3.0 ,...

dell studio, how is fan controll, temperature , speedstep , sleep/wake ?

Okay I had a thought and I would like to say I am no longer using the f12 key and doing one-time boot... I went in and changed my boot sequence. To boot USB first and if it is not plugged in I just boot internal..... I should have thought about this before.

Just thought in the event i was not alone, then others may have over looked this useful tip

dell studio, how is fan controll, temperature , speedstep , sleep/wake ?

Well, no more fan problems, i use the last Sonotone's Dell Laptop post installer and only check the whole Power Management line which includes speed step, battery meter and Generic CPU Control etc... Sleep OK but not for the display because of the ATI card...

CPU T° never goes more than 55°, and is most part of time around 30°/35°, 30°/40° :)

Generic CPU Control is a great feature

Firewire works OoB. I accessed a friends Macbooks turned firewire harddrive with the inbuilt FireWire. I have also connected my Audio Interface and it worked with it's drivers.

Wondering, how to force Logic Studio install with no QE support.

Also, I suggest posting a link to each of the posts needed to get things running. Much easier then searching through to find it.

Hi,

Here are the essential informations which help you to make your Dell Studio laptop a nice hackintosh…

enjoy :D

Ideneb v1.3 is a good choice, use the default Vanillia 9.5 and just check « ICHX fixed » and Intel GMAX3100 if you have one…

You can read CompCrasher's thread for a Leo4all install tuto

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=947527

If you can read french :whistle: here is a complete guide for dual boot Vista/OSX 5.5 with Ideneb on Dell studio

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=967284

VIDEO :

Intel GMAX3100 OK

or direct install with Ideneb

Intel GMAX4500

not yet

ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3450 & 3650

not yet

AUDIO :

IDT 92HD73C1

90% working (no head phones)

and

WIRELESS :

Dell 1510 b/g/n card

Dell 1397 b/g card (BCM4315)

(0.5.1pre.sh.zip)

Intel WiFi Link 5300 Half Mini Card (802.11 a/g/n) (Centrino)

not yet

Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11 a/b/g/n 1X2) 1/2 MiniCard

not yet

Bluetooth Dell 370 mini card

Not yet

ETHERNET

BCM5784M

SD CARD READER

Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)

Note that it is still in a kind of beta testing

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=940660

Install kext available on the third post with kext helper, repair permission and reboot

(doesn't work for SDHC cards and can not boot with a card in)

Work out of the box on OSX 5.5 (with Ideneb v1.3) :

Webcam

FireWire

USB

TouchPad (without 2 fingers scroll and tap clic)

CD/DVD

Keyboard

For a 100% functional trackpad us Ranova's trick

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=633681

Fingerprint scanner is recognised but doesn't work (need feedback please)

Use Sonotone's Dell Laptops Post Installer (V1.3.1) for PowerManagement pack

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=699667

Thanks in advance for any news, feedback

Ridgeline, i don't loose battery meter and power management with Sonotone's installer because i don't install the ideneb's one, do you loose it? soory for my english, i wanted to say it's the only thing i use in his installer.

I need to edit

MacDell, a quick look in Lan section forum makes me think me there is no way for the moment with intel 5300 and 5100 wifi cards, may be someone know fresher and good news ?

I need to edit

Amo1759, you have a HD3450 in your studio, it's part of 3400 series but it"s a 3450, nevertheless it would be the same problem...

Boombeng, do you have the battery meter still, yes I have used the one from the ideneb installer..... otherwise I did not have it to begin with did you use a different method to obtain the battery meter? I am very happy with the speed step and fan control so i will live without the battery option if I have to just looking for others that have used this.

Thanks,

Mark

I had the same problem with battery meter from ideneb, it did not come on the first boot , but in a kind of magical way it sometimes appeared when i did instal other stuff, that's why i dicided to only instal it with Sonotone's way and I have no problem since, it's quiet important if you don't want to kill your battery...

I was able to make my BCM 5784M to work, but it doesn`t connect to the internet, I checked if all the settings are correct (MAC Address, DSN, Gateway, etc) and they are the same as the ones I use under windows. Any ideas what can help?

i have the same problem...:angel:...plus my wifi stopped working.

I was able to make my BCM 5784M to work, but it doesn`t connect to the internet, I checked if all the settings are correct (MAC Address, DSN, Gateway, etc) and they are the same as the ones I use under windows. Any ideas what can help?

Have you plugged your cable :P ? Did you read and follow all Noob1x instructions ? Try to use a local IP, not the one used in Windows

Murzinekb, did you try what i tell you ? Have you removed the kext ? Do you have a back up of extensions ?

Try to reinstall the whole IOnetworkingfamily if you have made a back up, and don't forget to repair permissions...

Which kernel do you both use ?

Well I'm sorry if you can not make it work

I had the same problem with battery meter from ideneb, it did not come on the first boot , but in a kind of magical way it sometimes appeared when i did instal other stuff, that's why i dicided to only instal it with Sonotone's way and I have no problem since, it's quiet important if you don't want to kill your battery...

Well now that we have so much working I guess it is time for clean install anyway.... I will probably try the boot132 method again only this time I will modify my boot CD and more up to date kexts.

I will post back and let ever know when I am done.

Thanks, Mark

Well now that we have so much working I guess it is time for clean install anyway.... I will probably try the boot132 method again only this time I will modify my boot CD and more up to date kexts.

I will post back and let ever know when I am done.

Thanks, Mark

Nice project, i'm gonna work a bit more on ethernet problem, there is maybe another way less tricky to make it work. I did also have a look on bluetooth problem this evening, we have a Dell 370 card (413c 8156 broadcom) which is BCM2046 family, the Dell 350 (413c 8103 broadcom) which is BCM2045 famiy works OoB, but i can not find its ID in bluetooth Kexts Info Plist. There are also differnt ID from BCM2046 family like ours in Info Plist like this one:

[/b]

</dict>
		   <key>idProduct</key>
		   <integer>33293</integer>
		   <key>idVendor</key>
		   <integer>1452</integer>
	   </dict>
	   <key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</key>

[b]

So i gonna start a topic to call help from Gurus and report

/Edit/ here it is :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=966613

I have also noticed differences between OSX and Vista T° management :

(I have a C2Duo T5750 2Ghz)

Under Vista, the fan go on when the CPU are 50° and then cool to 35° and then turn off, and then wait the cpu get hot to 50° and then turn on etc…

Under OSX, the fan run more often because they seem to maintain CPU under 40° and don’t wait CPU to be near 50° to turn on.

Thanks

Jim

Ok, I got my Dell 1535 fully working now, I got audio, wifi, display and everything is perfect now, now I can wipe off the vista partition :D.

The only thing that is kind of not fully working is the track pad, which is pretty slow, I set it to full speed in the setting panel and it takes me 4 swipes to get from one edge of the screen to the other. It also freezes after the laptop wake up from sleep. Is there any kext that can help me work that out?

I really want to thank every one for this great work.

Ok, I got my Dell 1535 fully working now, I got audio, wifi, display and everything is perfect now, now I can wipe off the vista partition :blink: .

The only thing that is kind of not fully working is the track pad, which is pretty slow, I set it to full speed in the setting panel and it takes me 4 swipes to get from one edge of the screen to the other. It also freezes after the laptop wake up from sleep. Is there any kext that can help me work that out?

I really want to thank every one for this great work.

Did you try the Ranova's 2 figers scroll trick ?