Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

Can you enable the 2 fingers scroll or is it too speed to be usable ?

Has someone tried the new PCEFI V9 from netkas, i'm actualy testing it and it seems to work well, it has fixed my boot problem with Darwin which didn't automaticly find the good partition to boot, i had to press enter and choose it.

I tried to use the microphone jack with an external microphone but it didn't seem to do anything. I tried using it with a friend on Skype but he didn't hear anything. Also, when I plugged in headphones into the headphone jack, sound stopped working altogether and I had to restart to get sound again. No luck with the internal microphone (which I can't get working in XP either...) as well. Someone earlier said that their microphone worked...

Any suggestions, Ridgeline? Or someone else maybe?

Elsworth I don't know why you would not get sound back after the headphone removal I always have...... I will look into it. and your enternal mic does not work either? perhaps i need to post my most recent driver in the event you do not have it..... I will post the applehda.kext that i am using when I get home and please tell me if it works for you

Thanks, Mark

Ridgeline and Fuji are working on the graphics card (3450) over in LastExile's ATI install thread (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526&st=960&), though there hasn't been an update yet today. Realistically, no, nothing new, yet, but if you want to stay on top of what's happening, check out the aforementioned thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Working SD card reader! :)

Thanks to Quinielascom

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=940660

Note that it is still in a kind of beta testing

Install his kext available on the third post with kext helper, repair permission and reboot (it's what i did)

It doesn't work with SDHC card for me, and can not boot if you let a card in the slot

Bye

Hi,

Working SD card reader! :D

Thanks to Quinielascom

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=940660

Note that it is still in a kind of beta testing

Install his kext available on the third post with kext helper, repair permission and reboot (it's what i did)

It doesn't work with SDHC card for me, and can not boot if you let a card in the slot

Bye

That is awesome man.... you are a true asset to the Studio community and now I am still working on the video issue, but have talked to lastExile and he will be working on the 3450 mobility and non mobility..... So between he and I we hope to come up with something soon.

That is awesome man.... you are a true asset to the Studio community and now I am still working on the video issue, but have talked to lastExile and he will be working on the 3450 mobility and non mobility..... So between he and I we hope to come up with something soon.

Well, sharing info is the bases of the community :blink:

I cross my fingers for 3450 mobility, if you need helps or just testers i"m here :D

Yes that is true that's what this community is for but, I thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention as many would not have found it otherwise... Once we get everything lined up I will be talking more with everyone in this community so we can create our own release specific to the Studio line.... So that way we can just do all of this in one easy step.

Yes that is true that's what this community is for but, I thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention as many would not have found it otherwise... Once we get everything lined up I will be talking more with everyone in this community so we can create our own release specific to the Studio line.... So that way we can just do all of this in one easy step.

It would be very nice, and specialy for new users... so there can be 2 ways : building an ISO with all needed kexts and scripts (which needs well seeded torrent to share...) or making a post install patcher like Sonotone's one...

May be we can also ask to big releases builder like Ideneb to include the patches needed...

You are correct about possibly doing a Sonotone type build as it would be easier and be faster to upload and download than a full release. and I would just like to say I tried the card reader driver and it works well for me......

if I could only figure out why I don't have headphones, the fingerprint scanner and working video I would be truly 100%.... and bye bye windows :)

Also I am running the new iAtkos release with the PCEFI v9 bootloader

Good :)

It is not very fast (4mb i think) but they are working on

Did you try DSDT patcher ? I have but i don't see differences, i understood it will be very usefull for future apple updates

I'm still on Ideneb 1.3 but i installed new netkas PCefi V9

Have you tried Hibernate ?

Well i don't have fingersprint on my laptop so i can not test it but i read somewhere in this topic it worked OOb... tell me if not, i will change my info posts

Well it is listed as a USB device OOB however I downloaded a program to try it out and received a no scanner detected error but, lack of software to try with it makes it a little less then easy. I will look at it more in the near future. maybe you can find the software they were using and let me know?

Thanks,

Well it is listed as a USB device OOB however I downloaded a program to try it out and received a no scanner detected error but, lack of software to try with it makes it a little less then easy. I will look at it more in the near future. maybe you can find the software they were using and let me know?

Thanks,

Hi,

Conroe seems to be able to make it work but i don't know how :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=954111

Can you give more details (device ID etc...) thanks

If it is an Authentec AES2810 it doesn't look so good

If it is an upek one it may work following Macgirl's way :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=473682

Hi,

I'm very happy, that there is so much progress in the Studio Project. Card

1. "Card reader" is not ejectable at my Studio 1535.

2. My Dell gets very very hot.Is there a connection between that and the not working hd3450? Has anyboy of you experienced a way to cool down the studio? I didn't find anything at "Insanly Mac"...

3. Do you have the same Problems with the hot Studio 1535?

I have Kalyway 10.5.5. 2GH Core2Duo The (5000er series)

Hi,

2. My Dell gets very very hot.Is there a connection between that and the not working hd3450? Has anyboy of you experienced a way to cool down the studio? I didn't find anything at "Insanly Mac"...

Hi Bastop,

1. = it is on mine, you have to unmonut the card before ejecting it

2. = Did tou install Mercurysquad's speedstep or SuperHai's GenericCPUetc... ? If not you should for a cooler CPU, but even with this, the fan still go on more often than in Vista, you are surely right about Video Card is linked to this problem, for me, with GenericCPU, the CPU stays around 35/40°C...

3. I don't consider this as a real problem, the lapy is not hot but a solution about fan management would be nice

Cheers

PS : How is your BCM5784M working ? ;)

Hi,

I am glad to hear that most of this has worked for you. did you try the sonotone dell package and repair your permissions. my studio runs 100% better after that for temp and irritating fan control.

card reader works perfect on mine.

Hi Bastop,

1. = it is on mine, you have to unmonut the card before ejecting it

2. = Did tou install Mercurysquad's speedstep or SuperHai's GenericCPUetc... ? If not you should for a cooler CPU, but even with this, the fan still go on more often than in Vista, you are surely right about Video Card is linked to this problem, for me, with GenericCPU, the CPU stays around 35/40°C...

3. I don't consider this as a real problem, the lapy is not hot but a solution about fan management would be nice

Cheers

PS : How is your BCM5784M working ? :angel:

1. Thanks, Unmounting works fine.

2. I have installed a speedstep Programm, now. But the Temperature is still much to high. (About 60 Degrees)

The fan is cooling all the time.

3. Fan management doesnt work with the Studio, right? The i8Kfan appt doesnt work for me!

How do you find out your Temperature? Do you know a working program for that?

Thanks a lot

Ps: The BCM5784M is working fine now. Not installed the mac-Adress. but works....

I am glad to hear that most of this has worked for you. did you try the sonotone dell package and repair your permissions. my studio runs 100% better after that for temp and irritating fan control.

card reader works perfect on mine.

Thanks a lot

I have installed that Package now...

Working speedstep(Speedstep.app)

But still quite hot....