Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

I tried to install iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and ran into that black screen problem. On Kalyway I just went into single-user mode and typed /movevideodrivers. How do I install iDeneb and get past the black screen? I know there are ways to do it, for instance, the sleep trick referenced a few posts earlier...but that tutorial linked by azulpalido was somewhat confusing. How do I do that upon booting up OS X for the first time? What's so special about 11 minutes and 20 seconds, will the screen magically come on then?

Thanks for the help and answers!

Also: good news if you haven't heard. Sound now works! Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495 and see for yourself! Good luck! And check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526 this topic if you want ATI graphics card drivers. 3650 HD seems to work and if you have a 3450 you might want to check out the last few pages -- some people have been able to change resolution!

Comprasher86: I'm pretty sure it's possible to make recovery DVDs of your specific Vista system. You can google it if you need to. I don't know the specific function of the backup DVDs but I would assume that it allows you to restore your Vista install in some way.

I just wanted to comment on the statements about audio working and video working The Video is for the standard non mobility I wish your statement was true but they are working on it and hopefully we will know something soon. The Audio has been able to work for those people with a IDT audio in a HP or Compaq book not Dell If you have gotten your IDT to Work in your Studio please post the AppleHDA.kext here. I am waiting to hear back from the guy who wrote the guide for IDT HDA and he has all the info if I get my kext for that and the answer has not already been found I will post it here.

Please guys lets keep this alive and hopefully we can have something comparable to Macbook Pros soon.

Thanks,

On a Second note... would you guys all be willing to throw a donation together for whoever gets our IDT audio working? and then a seperate donation for who ever gets our Mobility 3450HD working? I know I would...... I could mention this if there is enough interest to LastExile and possibly Aged_Sabres18

On a Second note... would you guys all be willing to throw a donation together for whoever gets our IDT audio working? and then a seperate donation for who ever gets our Mobility 3450HD working? I know I would...... I could mention this if there is enough interest to LastExile and possibly Aged_Sabres18

I'd be down.

Got my studio 15 working well. CPU recognized and supported, The X3100 Graphics are working perfect with QE and CI, WiFi Works. Still working on bluetooth, LAN and audio. After some fooling around, audio is now being recognized, but the system is refusing to make any use of it...

heres a screenshot of my hackintosh

working_well.tiff

and heres proof that the IDT HD Audio is being recognized... its just not being used for some odd reason

audiosysprofile.tiff

if anybody needs some help I can see what I can do. I do not work with ATIs on mac (lost hope) though so dont go asking me for the 3460 or whatever it is drivers... you'll have to wait for somebody else to fix that

p.s: Ive got like 5 hours of free time tomorrow so maybe I'll fool around some more with the AppleHDA... its just soooo stubborn

Hello everyone,

For those who asked, I'm sorry for the late response, I have had a lot of work at the hospital that I work and this are the first days off I got.

Any way, here is how I set my d'Book (Dell Book)

I fistly set up the partitions with GParted Live CD (50gb for Leopard, 50gb for Vista, 150gb for Shared Docs(custom home folder for both systems)). Make sure to turn Off the Dual Core from the Bios Menu.

I used the Leo4all 10.5.3 for the Leopard install, using the vanilla kernel and the darwind bootloader.

Then I used my recovery DVD (included with mi 1535) to reinstall vista in the second partition.

Then I used the GParted cd to Boot Flag the Leopard partition and Used the recovery DVD to repair the boot permision in vista. This allowed me to Dual Boot my d'Book.

Now I'll focus on leopard (yay)

I used the kallyway upgrade dvd to upgrade the system to 10.5.4. No problems so far, but still an ugly resolution.

With the 10.5.4 system installed, I installed the Sleepdisplay File posted in the forums (THIS IS IMPORTANT) add it up to the start up items in the User/Log in Tab. Also add the Sleep Display option to the 'Hot Corner' just in case the Sleep display file fails to open.

Now, download the Post Installation files from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st+installation and transfer them to you d'Book.

First install the GM 1300 GRaphic card, this resolves the Resolution Issue. Install all the Wireless Network Cards included in the Installed File, repair permisisons and reboot. This will turn on the WIFI light and it'll be detected as a Xtreme Aiport Card (At least it does that in my d'Book) with no other configuration needed.

Now, thanks to the Intell Duo Core 2 Processor you can upgrade directly from the "About this Mac" windows, and have the 10.5.5 downloaded and installed directly from Apple.

Once upgraded, you will have to reinstall the GRaphic Card kext, and the Wireless CArd Kext, Then intall the TSC sync kernel Patch for the Core Duo Support, repair permissions and reboot. everything should be working fine. Except for the sound (and video included).

As I mentioned this is how it worked on my d'Book, Dell Studio 1535, maybe it was luck to make it work almost right "out of the box".

Now All I need is help with the IDT Sound to make it perfect. Since I have no video I can't get rid from the Vista partition to make video editions, and all the other Audio-Video related software needed.

I'll try to work it out the IDT HD Audio Configuratios posted today to see what happens.

Cheers

Long Live to the d'Book!

I am also working on the IDT audio and am getting a little closer however... I linked my blackberry to my iDeneb install with the bare minimum loaded off the install disk and did a software update and now my 1510-N wireless card works as a 3rd party airport. still nothing on the ethernet but wireless is good by me.

I running vanilla with no patches other than the powermanagment for the battery.

I am also working on the IDT audio and am getting a little closer however... I linked my blackberry to my iDeneb install with the bare minimum loaded off the install disk and did a software update and now my 1510-N wireless card works as a 3rd party airport. still nothing on the ethernet but wireless is good by me.

I running vanilla with no patches other than the powermanagment for the battery.

Could you please tell me how to get my 1510-n card working. In detail if possible.

Thank you.

Hi could you check in you /library/update folder and see if that airportextremeupdate2008004.pkg file is still there, if it is, please put a link for us to download- thanks very much.

Lnd_V I am guessing you have the ATI Radeon Card in your studio. IF so, there is not a solution yet for you. If you have the Intel X3100, it is fully supported, you just need to get the kexts for it... search around and if you cant find, i bet somebody here will help you out

As for me guys, I got my studio running great, still really close on the audio but no avail. I need my laptop to remain stable for another week to finish a project so Im not going to go messing around till next week. I almost lost it all with a 10.5.5 update but somebody posted a good solution a couple pages back I think I will give it a shot this weekend. I also wrote a nice little tutorial in the Genius bar for the studio, covering many topics. Feel free to check it out

Dell Studio 15 With Leo4AllV3 Tutorial

I recently picked up a Studio 15 for really cheap ($500!). I don't have anything to offer yet (I'm waiting for Intrepid Ibex to drop before my reformat), but I just wanted to express my interest in the thread. Thanks to the OP and those working behind the scenes.

Conroe

Hi could you check in you /library/update folder and see if that airportextremeupdate2008004.pkg file is still there, if it is, please put a link for us to download- thanks very much.

I checked and I did not see the airport pkg. I will see if I can check a second install and report back. could we just search the apple site under download support for that? or would it have to be update specific?

Hi thanks for getting back to us. I did try the apple site, but that update is not available, i guess its only available through software update.

i will try a few tricks and see if i can get a bluetooth pan going- then i will try to see if i can get apple software update. If you have it working - i wouldn't advise re-installing- unless for other reasons. But back up your extensions folder- just in case. I have lost so many good installs, due to chasing something small.

thanks

well, getting the wlan working is not small, but you know what i mean

Hey man look at my last post I did a re-install and it worked flawlessly again If you click on the underlined word here you should be taken to mediafire to download the package I could not just upload here due to size check it out and lit me know

Hi, thanks for doing it again and getting the package, i am doing a fresh install- i will let you know if it works- do you by any chance know your device id or the 1510 card. I also want to ask, did you select any patches or programs during install.

thanks

what disc are you using. I only added the patch for the powermanagement fix. everything else I just left blank. if using iDeneb the default kernel is Vanilla 9.5 which is what I am currently running. I did opt for all applications for fun but, not necessary.

Hey man look at my last post I did a re-install and it worked flawlessly again If you click on the underlined word here you should be taken to mediafire to download the package I could not just upload here due to size check it out and lit me know

Thanks alot ridgeline, i got your file from the media fire link- i installed it - everything went smooth- i am typing this post on ideneb 10.5 - osx install- yeah

thanks

I have never loaded sleep patch what is it supposed to do? does it have anything to do with my screensaver not coming on?

Tonight I try a fresh install with a retail Leopard DVD I will report in the morning or hopefully later tonight.

Thanks, Mark

Hi there. I see some of you got the 1510 working. I installed iDebeb 1.3 on a usb harddrive. Install went fine. I downloaded the 2008 004 Airport update and applied it. The 1510 is recognized as a third party airport, but, when i try to turn airport on in network preferences, it will not turn on. Anyhelp will be appreciated. Was I supposed to check something off during the iDeneb install, might that be the problem?

when the cpu rebooted what did you do? Did you go to network preferences and click apply when it noticed your airport? Please give me a little more info. I did not select to install any of the patches from the disc as I knew from previous attempts they would not help with any of my devices.

Can you go to system profile and what does it say. when you open up Safari and it tells you that you are not connected to the internet have you tried the built in network diagnostics?

also do you have the airport icon on the top toolbar and what happens when you right click it with the mouse?

Thanks alot ridgeline, i got your file from the media fire link- i installed it - everything went smooth- i am typing this post on ideneb 10.5 - osx install- yeah

thanks

That is awesome man I have looked and gotten so much out of this website over the past 2 years I am happy to be able to give back even if it is just a little bit. :(

Hi ridgeline, thanks for your response. I did click on apply on restart. The airport icon does show up on the menubar, but in an off state. When I right click, options are "turn airport on." I click to turn it on nothing happens. The diagnostics tool searches for available networks, but, none are found (even though I have one setup on my desktop machine). The only thing I checked during install was the broadcom driver for ethernet. No matter what I cannot turn airport on, even though I click on the "turn on" button. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

That is awesome man I have looked and gotten so much out of this website over the past 2 years I am happy to be able to give back even if it is just a little bit. :)

I got it working too. Thanks ridgeline! Maybe someone should edit the wiki to include the new status on the wireless N? Has anyone had any success with multi touch like on the real macbooks? I thought it was a separate piece of hardware, but I think I remember reading a post that someone got it working.

Is there any software to take advantage of the fingerprint scanner?