Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to that guide: I've gotten everything running except sound and ethernet. Maybe you can shed some light on how to get those things working? And while you're at it, I'm wondering what happens when you upgrade to 10.5.5. Maybe you can see if anything breaks when you try to get that working?

Thanks!

tmaxxtim: Try reinstalling Kalyway and immediately downloading and using the script. I messed around with IONetworkingFamily.kext and the wireless wouldn't work, but after I did a clean install and ran the script (0.5.1pre I believe NOT the one that came with Kalyway) everything worked fine.

Elsworth -

Were you able to get the Radeon HD 3650 working properly on a Dell Studio notebook? Please share how. Everywhere I look, people are having issues with the HD 3650 video, and I have a Studio 17 on it's way to my house now... I'd *really* like to install OSx86 on it, but without full functionality, it's kind-of a wasted effort, for me. I'm not a *nix guru, I'm a PC guy who wants to run Mac OS...

Well I tried with the first bcm_43xx enabler, but it didn't work for the wireless, let's see if the 0.5pre1 works...

How can I get to dual boot with Vista? I installed Aitkos 4.0 and now I can't get to my Vista installation... hihihi

thanks

I have tried both enablers bcm_43xx and 0.5pre1, with kalyway 10.5.2 and atikos i4 but no luck at all. If you make it please share your experience.

For a dual boot try this: http://klarkommen.blogerei.de/archives/1-T...oot-System.html

I can't give a whole lot of step by step instructions as I'm fairly new to this. I don't know if anyone has been over to espressoreport.com and seen his great how-to, but that is what is I used. I have a 1525 with everything working but card reader and ethernet. My girlfriend just got a 1535 (studio 15) and following the same steps I've got wifi, video with the x3100, usb, pretty much everything except sound. Sound would make this an ideal hackintosh.

Well I tried with the first bcm_43xx enabler, but it didn't work for the wireless, let's see if the 0.5pre1 works...

How can I get to dual boot with Vista? I installed Aitkos 4.0 and now I can't get to my Vista installation... hihihi

thanks

If you can't boot into vista...just pop your vista dvd in and select repair...i had the same problem.

thanks

You've got to try a multiboot loader. Try the GAG boot loader, it allows you to boot into 9 different systems and even has its own gui.

Ok, I have the Studio 15 and I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2. When I boot from the DVD I get the following:

!00000000

A00000014

B0000001D

C56555315

X

What does this mean? I can't seem to find anything on Google about it.

Ok, I have the Studio 15 and I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2. When I boot from the DVD I get the following:

!00000000

A00000014

B0000001D

C56555315

X

What does this mean? I can't seem to find anything on Google about it.

I think you should just try reinstalling it...i've never heard of something like that..

Thanks for the reply murzynekb. Haven't gotten to install yet. That is what happens when I try and boot from the DVD to install.

Since we both have the same laptop and the same distro it must be a bad burn, did you burn it with low speed? I never burn faster then 2.4x

I successfully used ideneb 10.5.5 to install os x on my studio 15. I had to do a couple things to make it work though. I had to use macdrive to delete intel thermal (or something) kext to make it boot up. Then i had to once again use macdrive to install the fixed ApplePS2Controller.kext and chun nan's fixed appleps2nub kext. Finally i could get it running, but no ati 3450, sound, or dell 1510 for me.

Hi, I have a dell studio 15 and Ideneb V1.3 (10.5.5 Leo) works well in dual boot with vista using easybcd. It did run OK without any options when I did install it, I just choose french language and some applications like Onyx. Wifi OK with MCSMART's trick (i have a 1397 WLAN Mini-Card, not a 1510), still no sound, but a little progress with the HD3450 waiting lastexile driver (still no QE and low resolution) = http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7526&st=520

I have a question for dell studio with OSX users : do you have the fan runing all the time like mine ? If no, did you a use a special patch like speedstep ?

Thanks and good luck to all the dell studiOsX users

Has anyone had any luck with the Dell 1510 wireless?

-boombang-

My fan isn't on all the time. I didn't have to apply any additional patches to make it work. I think i choose the speedstep kernel in ideneb 10.5.5, but i don't remember.

Hey Scottishduck, is there anything else you can tell me? Like, what options did you select in your ideneb installation? Wondering b/c mcsmart's wifi script didn't work for me. (bcm43xx patch)

edit: do you have 1510 or the other wifi card?