10.5.2 on HP pavillion DV6810us

stephenk

6 posts in this topic

Hello

I've been trying to install 10.5.2 on my HP pavillion DV6810us laptop. It seems to go well until it comes time to choose the hard drive. The hard drive does not show up in the OS X disk utility. I do not know how to solve this on a laptop, can someone give me some advice?

Just an idea...

The installation most likelly does not see your chipset, mine is a dv5224nr and I had the same problem; what I did I connected the hard drive via USB and I installed it that way, once it was running from via USB check if your chipset shows, if it does not tthen you may need a proper kext, once you find the kext drop it in the Extensions folder, place the hard drive back into your laptop and ready to go...

it's finally nice to see someone with the same laptop as mine!!!! lol i too have had the same problem as well, i've successfully installed kalyway 10.5.3 onto a usb flashdrive and got it to boot once, after that it wouldn't. i think i might have bricked the install anyway, i'm gonna give it another shot soon and see what happens, i just haven't had much time to do anything lately.

It's a great laptop, I just wish it would have worked off the shelf with osx86 Leopard. :( I didn't expect it to, but one can dream!

Also, I'll need to get a USB adapter to try the method above, but I suppose it will be cheaper than buying a new HD. I wish there was a simpler process.

• 4 months later...

i installed mac os x leopard on a usb device i have the same computer but when i tried to boot with -v after a wile it came up and said

vesion not yet set

darwin kernal version 9.0.2

thats all it would do if anyone has got this working on this type of computer please tell me what hacked version of mac os x leopard they used

• 1 month later...

hello a long time ago i fixed it here is really the proper way to install on this pc

first MAKE SURE IT IS A IATKOS V4A install disc then

u need a usb hardrive

next THE VOLUME NAME CANNOT HAVE A SPACE IN IT

select your usb hard drive then hit customize and select the 9.0.2 TOH KERNAL this is vital then install and your done ! also you need to buy a usb wifi card in ebay just type

usb airport card

there are only 20 bucks then your finished and there you go you have a full working hackbook email me if you have any qustions