ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I have got a Gigabyte P35-DS3 board with a Radeon HD3650 512MB Graphics card, and whenever I install the graphics driver posted in the first post of this thread, I get the following screen. Is there anything I can do to get around this?

post-304148-1250183772_thumb.jpg

hi i don't know if this has been asked already but i need help with ati hd3200 dev id 0x9612 vendor id 0x1002 rev 0x0000 got almost a complete working system wifi bluetooth uk keyboard just stuck with graphics and trackpad tried alsorts of installers and adding dev id to info.plist now beging to pull whats left of my hair out my desktop runs mac fine with vanilla kernal and fully working everything help me please

hi i don't know if this has been asked already but i need help with ati hd3200 dev id 0x9612 vendor id 0x1002 rev 0x0000 got almost a complete working system wifi bluetooth uk keyboard just stuck with graphics and trackpad tried alsorts of installers and adding dev id to info.plist now beging to pull whats left of my hair out my desktop runs mac fine with vanilla kernal and fully working everything help me please

same here but i think there is no chance for 3200hd .. and never ll be becouse of framebuffer ..i have little hope about snow leo .. we ll see .. if you ll have news about it please inform us about it

same here but i think there is no chance for 3200hd .. and never ll be becouse of framebuffer ..i have little hope about snow leo .. we ll see .. if you ll have news about it please inform us about it

kinda give up on it now the only way i can run mac is on my desktops tried on 3 different laptops with different graphics and never succeeded even with nvidia 9600m gt on my acer i could get it to work

Hey Guys, can anyone help me out?

Specs:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard

Athlon X2 3600+ cpu

Sapphire HD2600 pro 512 PCIe gfx

I installed ipc 10.5.6 final, selecting my card. Upon startup, I get a blue screen with a movable mouse pointer.

Installed again without choosing gfx card, it works, and of course I have the basic 1024x768 resolution, no QE, etc.

I installed the package for my card, and after rebooting, again I get that blue screen + mouse pointer.

How do I fix this?? :)

Thanks!!

Hey Guys, can anyone help me out?

Specs:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard

Athlon X2 3600+ cpu

Sapphire HD2600 pro 512 PCIe gfx

I installed ipc 10.5.6 final, selecting my card. Upon startup, I get a blue screen with a movable mouse pointer.

Installed again without choosing gfx card, it works, and of course I have the basic 1024x768 resolution, no QE, etc.

I installed the package for my card, and after rebooting, again I get that blue screen + mouse pointer.

How do I fix this?? :(

Thanks!!

Please check device id for ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro pcie in ATIRadeonx2000.kext info.plist if its there 9589 or change 9588 to 9589

report back

Please check device id for ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro pcie in ATIRadeonx2000.kext info.plist if its there 9589 or change 9588 to 9589

report back

Hi lastexile, tried looking for you on irc but dudn't find you :(

anyway, i checked all the ATI* kexts to make sure the device ws right, and it was. Also correct in natit.kext

when i get the blue screen, i know the desktop's there. If i click the power button, right before going to "sleep", the imAge appeRs and I see it.

Also tried deleting all ATI* kexts and video returns (basic of course) so it's definately a driver issue.

I have a ATI rv620 chipset, v3700 FirePro, and wish to use boot-132 and get leopard installed that way with chameleon bootloader. wil this rv620 card work ? i assume it'll boot into leopard, what kexts to use then for the video ? i'm toally new to this, and without a clue.

thank you

lastExile,

I have a few buddies who are able to help me look at code if I can give them some to help me correct drivers.

Can you please pm me, or give me your most recent update on mobility ATI drivers, I am most interested in any information you might have about the 3670, but any driver atleast would be a starting point. (is the Mobility 3650 test the most recent?)

Thanks

hi, i was having that problem but installed the ati installer package and card works fine with high res BUT wont let me use screen savers or get a translucent menu bar. I know it does work because ive had it working before, all of a sudden, but dont know what i did? any help greatly appreciated!

hi, i was having that problem but installed the ati installer package and card works fine with high res BUT wont let me use screen savers or get a translucent menu bar. I know it does work because ive had it working before, all of a sudden, but dont know what i did? any help greatly appreciated!

Why, what makes them that way. I understand what you are saying but I was just curious as in to why they can never be released. What is the difference between the mobility cards and the regular ones. Is this difference the reason they will never be made. Again not trying to bomb or anything just curious

hate to break it to you guys, but 34xx mobility, and even desktop will never work. best to get used to that idea. not even snow leopard will fix this. sorry to break the bad news, but its a good excuse to get a better laptop ;)

:( hahaha, better laptop. I think i'll stick to my "macbook pro killer" for now and just use my desktop with leopard

Well my 2600 all of a sudden stopped supporting QI/QE after I installed the 10.5.8 software update so I decided to try the driver here, and omg what a mistake, now i can't even boot into the operating system. I have no clue how to fix it.

Then I tried reinstalling Ideneb 10.5.6 on a clean volume and STILL no QE/QI and it worked before. I have no clue as to why it won't work on a clean install.

I am posting from that install right now and this is what I get. Can anyone help me get QE/QI working?

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9589

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

Q20wb:

Resolution: 1280 x 960 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

HP vs17:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Hi,

is quartz extreme working with your HD3870? I cannot make mine working... :-(

Thanks for checking

Gabriele

I just installed the HD3870 package and the installation went well, system restarted but how do I know if the package was installed? Is there a control panel for it, like the Catalyst Control Center in windows?

Hi,

did you try to start with -x at boot? Or better: did you solve the problem?

GiEffe

Hi,

when i install a driver for my ati 3870 a blue screen will appear every time. I can only see my mouse and move it. The problem comes with the pkg installer, the efi-string and the dvd-drivers. I tried everything but nothing worked. When i dont install the video-driver it works with "-x". But it dont works when it is installed

I tried it with switching the dvi-cabel -> blue screen

I tried it with a second monitor -> blue screen

I tried it with bios settings, set pciexpress as main -> blue screen

I tried to install osx86 without any additonal stuff and then install the pkg-installer -> blue screen

my specifications:

board: asrock dual-sata2 socket939

cpu: amd athlon x2 4200

graphic: msi ati radeon 3870 HD (ID: 9501)

Ram: 2048 mb

the onboard lan is working with a driver i found here on the board.

please help me

Ok have flame suit on. We have plenty of people here trying to make a pig fly. On the whole she's flying well. What I have a problem with is the support of the mobility series of ATI. I've heard at nauseum that the drivers can't be done. Why? I'm not trying to be flipant or dumb. Between the talent we have here this is a problem to be solved. Not one to the derision of the people who have these machines.

Since OSX is based on FreeBSD. The drivers for them should have more similarities then differences between them. Are there mobility drivers for FBSD? If there are then what would it take to convert them to work on OSX? I want a serious discussion here. If you are going to not be helpful then stay out of it. We all have heard from you before.

We have the resources, we need to make this happen.