ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I made a a installer for a Sapphire HD 3650 512MB GDDR3 but it should work on other ATI 3650s for OSX 10.5.7

I have tested it on a old install and a fresh install and it seems to work very well.

Thanks to lastExile and Netkas for making the kexts and framworks

Download: http://tinyurl.com/npuvlf

Ill try to make a better installer soon.

Here are some screenshots http://tinyurl.com/ku8hv7

The best thing about these drivers is the max resolution on my 24inch is 2560x1600 but Samsung say its 1920x1200. When i plug my MacBook 5.1 in i get a max of 1920x1200. So yay i get a resolution thats to high to see anything on... So im set at 2048x1280 that is great

Please let me know if this works for you..

Thanks

xxlginger

Excuse my ignorance but lastExcile's installer for 3650 works perfectly well on my Asus HD3650 512MB GDDR3 card.

How is this any different?

D.

I just installed the HD3870 package and the installation went well, system restarted but how do I know if the package was installed? Is there a control panel for it, like the Catalyst Control Center in windows?

hey guys , another one for ati 3670 mobility radeon, for  dell studio xps , I bet there are lot of them out there , I need qe/ci to work to install FCP. I Iatkos v7 or 10.5.7 has drivers( x2000 kext and atirdrv, atirdrv,ati2000gl etc , it's mentioned in the infolist)

mentioned here also

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...aded&start=

but when I checked natit kext infolist of 10.5.7 , 10.5.7 natit kext is for intel gma 950 ONLY but the natit kext that came with ATI_ NEW which I downloaded somewhere in this thread , and in that downloaded both natit and 2000x kext has my cards device id 1002 9593 mentioned ,   but the 10.5.7 driver x2000 kext has newer driver version  1.44 something where as the at_new has 1.34 version  or something , what should i go for 

1) installing both  natit and x2000 and other x2000 drivers of ati_new 

2) mix and match of  natit of ati_new of and driver x2000 and other supporting X2000 DRIVERS of 10.5.7 

3) or only try x2000 of 10.5.7 with netkas pkg http://netkas.org/?p=104

and due to certain reason , my notebook is not on me, 

somebody try and post the results or somebody show some light on it , thanks 

anyone have luck with ati hd 3670?

I read ur posting in http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum , same boat-  I also have dell studio 16 xps  , I need qe/ci to work to install FCP. in the meanwhile i edit on avid 3.5 windows 7 .  Iatkos v7 or 10.5.7 has drivers ( x2000 kext , it's mentioned in the infolist) 

mentioned here also

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...aded&start=

but when I checked natit kext infolist of 10.5.7 , 10.5.7 natit kext is for intel gma 950 ONLY but the natit kext that came with ATI_ NEW which I downloaded somewhere in this thread , and in that downloaded both natit and 2000x kext has my cards device id 1002 9593 mentioned , but the 10.5.7 driver x2000 kext has newer driver version 1.44 something where as the at_new has 1.34 version or something , what should i go for

after removing the extensions 

1) installing both  natit and x2000 and other x2000 drivers of ATI_New 

2) mix and match of  natit of ATI_New of and driver x2000 and other supporting 2000x of 10.5.7 

3) or only try x2000 of 10.5.7 with netkas pkg of `multiple ati card enabler'

http://netkas.org/?p=104

and due to certain reason , my notebook is not on me, for time being  

u try this after installing without checking ati cards options during the install and try out these 3 options

FOR ATI_NEW

http://www.zshare.net/download/504041631197033f/

and post the results or throw show some light on it , thanks 

no i get a freeze.

I'll give it a go then. cheers

D.

Still no sleep for me.

I'm using patched DSDT and Megladon FB as aposed to natit.

This driver only gives me 1920x1080 interlaced for my second monitor - 32" LG LCD TV.

It works but my TV is 1080p and I'd like to make use of it's progressive capabilities !!

Thanks anyway.

D

##EDIT##

Actually it's feeding my second monitor (TV) with 1080p and plays 1080p video as 1080p.

I guess the "interlaced" suffex is just stating the monitor is interlace capable ??

##EDIT##

Excuse my ignorance but lastExcile's installer for 3650 works perfectly well on my Asus HD3650 512MB GDDR3 card.

How is this any different?

D.

Well lastExciles installer for my 3650 did not work for me so i used some kexts from a older installer and then natit.kext for 10.5.6 to get mine working

Well lastExciles installer for my 3650 did not work for me so i used some kexts from a older installer and then natit.kext for 10.5.6 to get mine working

Hi

The only difference I find is that my second monitor is seen as 1920x1080 (interlaced) as apposed to just 1920x1080.

I'm guessing these are the kext you found on the wiki for the HD 3650 DDR3, which also works perfectly well for this GFX card, yes?

D.

No support for mobility! i say this once again no support support for mobility on Radeon HD

oh btw support is moving soon to sn0w leopard more info to come... for legacy support im working on it on free time off

hi guys, i have one question, my system is very old, p4 3ghz northwood 512cache HT, 2gb ddr400 ram and his 2600xt agp 512mb (9586), my score is very very low without hdd and cpu, here is the picture.

QE/CI result

picture1dzl.png

im using 10.5.5 with 9.5 voodoo kernel, and graphics card support QE/CI with 10.5.5 driver from first message.

AND without QE/CI

picture1zyj.png

with QE/CI : smoth window animaiton but very slow interface.

without QE/CI : no smooth animation but interface very fast, safari, firefox scrolling etc.

Please help me, what is wrong ?

No support for mobility! i say this once again no support support for mobility on Radeon HD

oh btw support is moving soon to sn0w leopard more info to come... for legacy support im working on it on free time off

So lastExile, can you tell me what the technical challenge is in creating or modifying drivers for the Radeon series? Having seen much progress with the 3870 and 48xx series, I'm curious as to why the mobile 34xx series won't work. Does this mean that there will never be QE/CI for the mobile Radeons?

-lostproc

I have a ATI Radeon HD 3300 with device ID: 0x9614

Has anyone made drivers for these yet?

Are there only minnor diffrence in drivers or alot of work involved?

Can i try using other drivers like 3650 for my 3300 card? Or will that make my system crash?

Thanks for any help!

I have ATI Radeon HD 3450 Device id: 1002,95c5

I did read that the driver is coming soon. I have this graphics board in a Gateway/emachines Model LX4710-01. it was under $500 US and came with the Q9300, Quad Processor.

I rather not replace that ATI card for an Nvidia right now. All my other PC's are Nvidia. BOth my Mac Pro and osx86 clones except that gateway Desktop.

Is this driver waiting for the Snow Leopard release or its just not ready period? ETA?

lastExile thanks for your fully effort

could you please work on 3200 hd for my hp laptop

thanks in advance

type: display

bus: pci

vram: 256

vendor : ati ( 0x1002)

device id: 0 x 9612

revision id : 0 x 0000

yeah how aboutati radeon hd 3200....help us please

Hi,

when i install a driver for my ati 3870 a blue screen will appear every time. I can only see my mouse and move it. The problem comes with the pkg installer, the efi-string and the dvd-drivers. I tried everything but nothing worked. When i dont install the video-driver it works with "-x". But it dont works when it is installed

I tried it with switching the dvi-cabel -> blue screen

I tried it with a second monitor -> blue screen

I tried it with bios settings, set pciexpress as main -> blue screen

I tried to install osx86 without any additonal stuff and then install the pkg-installer -> blue screen

my specifications:

board: asrock dual-sata2 socket939

cpu: amd athlon x2 4200

graphic: msi ati radeon 3870 HD (ID: 9501)

Ram: 2048 mb

the onboard lan is working with a driver i found here on the board.

please help me

Hi

ATI Radeon HD 2400 pro 512 MB AGP "id 94c4" on my old ASUS P4PE Desktop :P

My test:

iDeneb 1.4 1.0.56 (Internal driver patch HD_2400Pro_AGP) QE/CI and full res are OK :)

with iDeneb combo upgrade kit 1.0.57 (Internal driver patch HD_2400Pro_AGP) NO QE/CI :D

Only with ATI_Radeon_HD_2400Pro_AGP_10.5.6_-_10.5.x (web download linked in first page) .... QE/CI now is enable :D

I used Pacifist to install pkg :D

because ... the wizard installation hasn't copied the kext file in my Extension folder .... it only created a folder "ATI_HD_Backup" with older files inside !!!

Now:

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Modello Chipset: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCI

VRAM (totale): 512 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x94c4

ID revisione: 0x0000

Revisione ROM: 113-B1480A-236

Versione driver EFI: 01.00.236

Monitor:

TEO TL766:

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-Bit

Core Image: Hardware accelerato

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Supportata

Rotazione: Supportata

Mostra connettore:

Stato: Nessun monitor collegato

After reboot the Extensions loaded on System Profiler:

ATIRadeonX2000 1.5.36

ATY_lago 1.5.36

Thank's ... lastExile

cheers

that's fantastic news - full QE/CI with snow would be great!

:(

I have also tried out the pkg file in flag-x mode

Indeed, it does not function with me.

My hardware:

* Mainboard: GA MA 770-UD3

* Processor: AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor, 2800 MHz

* Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 3850 (512 mb)

* Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168C (P)/8111C (P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

USB RT73 Wireless LAN Card (192.168.178.23)

* Hard disk type: WD6400AAKS-00A7B2 WDC ATA Device (596 GB, IDE)

* Other hardware: Main memory 4092 mb of DDR2 800

Optical disk drive

HL DT SAINT BDDVDRW GGC-H20L ATA Device

Mouse HID correspondent mouse

USB1 Controller standard OpenHCD USB-host controller [NoDB]

Then the PC should restart, however, appears the iDeneb character and the round circle quite slowly rotates.

And now this goes since 2 Standing already in such a way!

Here my error message:

PICTURE

I have installed this files:

- AMD Patch

- Sound ALC 888

- Chipset ATIATA

- Kernel 9.5 Voodo

- Ethernet Realtek R1000

- Apple SMBIOS 800

- Seatbelt Fix

- Ktext

- Pacifist