ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Then we can safely declare the Mobility 34xx series as dead until further notice (Snow Leopard Maybe?)

This card will likely never work in OS X with full acceleration, so back off EVER asking for support for it. Yeah it would have made my laptop even better but hey, Windows 7 is just around the corner.

STOP ASKING FOR MOBILITY 34XX IT IS OVER GET IT

Normally I've always had to use Netkas awesome drivers but when I upgraded to 10.5.7 my ATI 3870 worked with vanilla drivers.

Im happily on 10.5.7

My Intel ICH10 is finally recognized, my ATI 3870 works with 10.5.7 drivers (no need to reinstall Netkas ATI3870 drivers) and even vanilla AppleSMBIOS recognizes my machine as a MacPro 2,1 without any hacking - sweet

All I added was legacy HDA for audio and legacy IOAHCIBlockStorage to get normal HD icons back

Good luck everyone

Normally I've always had to use Netkas awesome drivers but when I upgraded to 10.5.7 my ATI 3870 worked with vanilla drivers.

Im happily on 10.5.7

My Intel ICH10 is finally recognized, my ATI 3870 works with 10.5.7 drivers (no need to reinstall Netkas ATI3870 drivers) and even vanilla AppleSMBIOS recognizes my machine as a MacPro 2,1 without any hacking - sweet

All I added was legacy HDA for audio and legacy IOAHCIBlockStorage to get normal HD icons back

Good luck everyone

hey, is it a laptop? i mean is it a mobility 3870?

Hi,

I hope you can help me! I had istall iDeneb 1.4 on a laptop Dell 1537 with this hardware;

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2266 MHz (8.5 x 267)

2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256 MB)

ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV620 - High Definition Audio Controller IDT 92HD73C1/92HDW74C1/92HDW74C2 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® WiFi Link 5100

My problem is the kext for the graphic card...

thanks a lot

HI BUD!

My mobility hd 3650 found with the mobility test driver (Thanks so much : ) ). But the external vga not found... Could U tell me, please, any solution about this problem?!?

TOSHIBA SATELLITE P305-S8844
ATI RADEON MOBILITY HD 3650
LEOPARD IPC 10.5.6

Hi,

I hope you can help me! I had istall iDeneb 1.4 on a laptop Dell 1537 with this hardware;

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2266 MHz (8.5 x 267)

2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256 MB)

ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV620 - High Definition Audio Controller IDT 92HD73C1/92HDW74C1/92HDW74C2 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® WiFi Link 5100

My problem is the kext for the graphic card...

thanks a lot

Not to be rude, but READ AROUND. It is impossible to get it working. We know its a f'ing kext, and an f'ing framebuffer too. The support is just not in the kexts or framebuffers, and writing one from scratch is close to impossible. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? spread the word. The only way we will ever get support is if we take apple developers hostage and force them to write the kexts for us. Yeah, that simple. Sorry to break it to ya.

Did you tried this distro "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final" or this "XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1_-_Hackintosh_OS_X_Leopard" (same thing), driver, provided there for this card with this id... if not try and then tell... what happened...(i have asus hd 3650 512 mb, vanilla kernel... works... !... this driver here don't... tried... ).

Try this as well...!!!... and then tell...

NOT WORKING !!!!

Still blue screen

I now upgraded successfully to 10.5.7 and reinstalled just the Voodoo Kernel, same problems...

Without the ATI-kext's but with Natit or the other way round (without Natit, but the ATI-kext's): System Profiler and Verbose mode show that the card can't be recognized. AGPGart 2.7.1 is installed. The file permissions are set right, I'll do this via "diskutil repairpermissions /" in sudo'd terminal after every change I make...

So now I'm running an iDeneb 10.5.7 AMD Voodoo 9.5.0, everything except Radeon HD 3650 AGP 512mb (id: 9596) working... Any Ideas? Need that machine to work like it did on 10.5.4 (for which I can't get the driver's anymore...)

Update: I tried it the "netkas"-way... I took the original ATI-Kexts from 10.5.7 and just used his patched Natit.kext from netkas.org. The Result: I'm stuck on a blue-screen (640x480 on VGA-Port - 1024x768 on DVI with DVI-to-VGA-Adaptor) without any mouse cursor. Never mind what "Graphics Mode" I set, it's always stuck on 640x480 (on VGA-Port - 1024x768 on DVI with DVI-to-VGA-Adaptor). Definitely the best result I got the last week trying to get my card running on iDeneb 10.5.6 / 10.5.7. Anyone got an Idea? =/

Update 2:

I tried it three times: VGA only, DVI (with DVI-to-VGA) only and VGA + DVI together... DVI is stuck on 1024x768 and VGA is stuck on 800x600... =(

Update 3:

After talking to netkas who said that it's not a matter of Natit.kext but a matter of "[20:55] netkas_: X2000.kext and atindrv", I tried to give his Natit.kext another chance and used the 3650 AGP-Installer-Package from the first poste. Same result. =(

I have exactly the same problem at a friend of mine.. ATI HD 3650 AGP 512MB.. Black screen with no mouse cursor.. :hysterical:

I tried first offcourse AGP installer for device id 9596, that's just the right device ID, I thought, but no succes.. I tried different installers, other kernels... With no luck...

Is there anybody with ATI HD 3650 AGP [device ID:9596] that has CI/QE ??? :unsure:

I've tried any and all methods i could find to get my HiS Radeon HD 3850 AGP IceQ 3 Turbo working...

NOTHING!

DevID is 0x95151002

I've modded info.plist's and tried EFI strings and to no avail.

I've tried these installers, nvinstaller, nvinject with plugins/bundles etc.

Does anyone have a good set of working kexts for the HiS Radeon HD 3850 AGP?

PLEASE! I want QE/CI!

Feel free to PM me and please post your findings here so you may help other members!

I've tried any and all methods i could find to get my HiS Radeon HD 3850 AGP IceQ 3 Turbo working...

NOTHING!

DevID is 0x95151002

I've modded info.plist's and tried EFI strings and to no avail.

I've tried these installers, nvinstaller, nvinject with plugins/bundles etc.

Does anyone have a good set of working kexts for the HiS Radeon HD 3850 AGP?

PLEASE! I want QE/CI!

Feel free to PM me and please post your findings here so you may help other members!

Hi!

I try to get my Sapphire Radeon 4870 working on my Hackintosh. I did a vanilla install with 10.5.6 and updated to 10.5.7 in the meantime.

I've installed the driver package from the first post but it seems the driver wouldn't got loaded.

Display:

Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x9440
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Depth:	32-Bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

I can't select any other Screen Resolution then 1024x768

What to do?

Hello again guys. I have some startling news to share with you. I installed some strange packages, and my computer loaded normally to normal blue screen with mouse, but not to desktop. In safe mode however, I have proper resolution! This is on my mobility radeon 3470 HD. I don't know if this has already been acomplished, but i know have my proper 1440x900 resolution! The only thing missing now is qe/ci. Note with the normal boot up, the mouse and blue screen are there, but it never gets to the desktop. The hdd icon is always active, but nothing ever makes it there. I will try another version of natit to see if it makes any difference. Devs, please make your input and suggestions.

Thats great news applehacker!

I also have Toshiba laptop, would you mind shareing the packegase with us mortals?

Maybe upload them somewhere.

Let us know of your progress and Devs help hiiiim!

Applehacker, try posting exact information about the packages you installed to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1140217

They are developing new framebuffer.

Thanks

I'm starting to get excited too. All i need now is qe/ci! I don't know if this can be achieved with Natit? Anyway, I did notice a little strange flickering in my top left corner, but this may pertain to refresh rate, which I cannot change. However, I do have full resolution change ATM. Does anybody have any more advice on how to get qe/ci working? Framebuffer works for me now, proper res change. Problem is getting atix2000 or natit to work. Would efi string help in this case, or inserting dev id's in natit or ati x2000?

sorry for the double post, but I upped my package of the necessary files to use to change resolution for the Mobility 34xx (probably for toshiba users). Drag all files in the zip to /System/Library in administrator mode, then repair perms

after reboot, boot with flags -f -v -x and log in you should have proper resolution! you may experiment with -f -v, but I doubt you will go very far. Enjoy!

Link to package:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4eowjgzjndm