ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I have the 94c1 card

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 2400 XT [1002:94c1]

and when using the drivers for this card I have the black & white blocks with no desktop :)

I use the RGB output and not my DVI.

Does anyone know how I can get this card working in 10.5.2?

this card dont work till now hardware accel . you can maximum charge correct id card and gl framework with this method:

1. clean install without any graphic drivers ideneb v3 10.5.5

2. install 9f23 drivers from www.nvinstaller.com

3 install 9f23 post-install drivers with kext helper without natit.kext

4. install efi strings for ati 2400 card with efi studio in com.apple.Boot.plist after you change in efi studio "Iago" with "Megalodon"

5. restart with "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" (or your good resolution)

6. enable gl with osx86tools

Now you must have good video description in System Profiler good 2D drivers , gl framework but software accel and no quartz extreme.

this card dont work till now hardware accel . you can maximum charge correct id card and gl framework with this method:

4. install efi strings for ati 2400 card with efi studio in com.apple.Boot.plist after you change in efi studio "Iago" with "Megalodon"

Now you must have good video description in System Profiler good 2D drivers , gl framework but software accel and no quartz extreme.

wat

sorry man, but I have no idea what you're talking about here lol. Unless I'm provided with spoonfed how-to's I will get lost.

I have the 94c1 card

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 2400 XT [1002:94c1]

and when using the drivers for this card I have the black & white blocks with no desktop

post-217479-1227408388_thumb.jpg

I use the RGB output and not my DVI.

Does anyone know how I can get this card working in Kalyway 10.5.2? I use the vanilla 9.2 kernel.

is there a way to get 2600 XT working in 5.5?

An 2600XT card (not Pro) should be the most compatible card ever !

So what exact happens and which mode (natit or EFIstrings) did you tried.

Also be careful:

After a long time of try & error patches/installes with a lot of different GPU.pkg your drivers may be complete

mixed up with old/new parts that didnt fit together (also framework OpenGL!!).

lastexile taked about that too!

I would first try to install all the ATI* drivers (and openGL Framework) from the 10.5.5 Combo Update again using pacifist to be sure you have an good base for all new Try&error !!!

Then make an backup after than clean install of those really orig. ATI.kext!

Dont do much each step and look in the things (patched.pgk) FIRST with pacifist to see whats getting overwritten,

before you install that.

So... the OpenGL Framework found in all installers is the same for all packages or different in each one?

sure, they can be different, as all other files maybe an old/new-mix - if uploader not explicit says its orig. Apple 10.5.5 or not excat says whats different to orig. latest 10.5.5 set.

special ATIXYZ.pgk for for example 10.5.5 must not be really out of lastest drivers, it only says it should work with 10.5.5.

Its up the uploader to tell you what excapt you get in the package.

Lot of people use an mix of older/newer sets without problem - but thats not possible for all cards !

You can simple check that with the version info (Finder Info) .

Older ones may be not really bad (if its the only way) but i would recommend to use always an complete set of newest.

And only add change there dev-id entrys or add your needed framebuffer plugin (like Triakis or megadlon).

right now I am in 10.5.4 and I installed the package for the 2600XT for 10.5.3 from this thread. I would like to be able to upgrade....

So I think that means natit... what is efi studio?

right now I am in 10.5.4 and I installed the package for the 2600XT for 10.5.3 from this thread. I would like to be able to upgrade....

So I think that means natit... what is efi studio?

EFI Studio is an great tool (easy handling too) which guides you trough th eprocess of making

EFI strings (for chameleon or EFI bootloaders). Used most times for GPU (insted of natit!!) but can also do Audio, LAN).

Sometimes its better to use such gfxstring (for gpu) - espicially for users which getting kernel panic if using natit.kext.

If you use such an gfxstring(for GPU) dont forget to remove natit.kext or nvcrush.kext before reboot (and remove extensions.mkext also).

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi2jyme5fxf

After months of attempts, I have finally, finally gotten my 3850 HD AGP card running with full support. Many thanks to LastExile and Eps for their assistance.

In case someone else out there runs into the same issues I had (black screens) and has a similar configuration, I will detail my specs as well, as the steps I took to get the drivers working correctly.

Motherboard - Asus P4800-E

CPU - P4 3.0 Ghz

RAM - 4 gigs (4x 1Gb sticks)

Video Card - HIS IceQ3 Radeon 3850 HD 512Mb GDDR3 - AGP

Installer/OS: iDeneb v1.3 (running with the following custom setting)*

-> Sound Card: AC97

-> Intel controller: ICHx

-> Ethernet: skgext for Marvell

-> 9.4 modified kernel (Can't run the vanilla kernel)

** Many thanks to julesdu59 who posted these settings for iDeneb and saved me a LOT of trial and error time. **

1. Install iDeneb 1.3 with the settings listed above

2. Install LastExile's package installer "ATI Radeon HD 3850 - 10.5.x - 10.5.5" with Pacifist

3. Repair Permissions with Disk Utility

4. Replace "natit.kext" with Eps's custom one that he posted in October using Kexthelper

---> Please note: I had to alter the kext slightly before installing it to match up with my card. It originally listed my cards ID as 9505. I changed it to 9515.

5. Repair Permissions with Disk Utility

6. Delete both /System/Library/Extension.mkext (file) and /System/Library/Extensions/Cache/ (folder)

7. Repair Permissions with Disk Uitlity

8. Restart and boot into safe mode, -x at the command prompt

After this, everything should be running normally. When I booted into safe mode it automatically switched the resolution to 1920x1200. Also, as you can see, I repaired permissions a LOT. I don't know if its necessary, but I recommend it.

LastExile, you may want to look at the Natit.kext that installs by default. I never listed my card ID. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I wanted to let you know. Maybe check with Eps, since he uploaded the Natit that ended up working for me.

I hope this post helps someone out there having problems.

post-258449-1227473265_thumb.png

post-258449-1227473281_thumb.png

Again, thank you!!!!!!!!!

:D

With this method I have QE/CI activated with ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 2400XT (94c1) 256MB and works fine.

Try with this kext (remove and backup the your one before installing with kexthelper): ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip

With this method I have QE/CI activated with ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 2400XT (9ac1) 256MB and works fine.

Try with this kext (remove and backup the your one before installing with kexthelper): ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip

But I have the 94c1 not 9ac1 and besides, I can't make heads or tales of what those instructions are saying. They are a bit scatter brained ;) (no offense).

If you can explain the steps a little more clearly than the OP I would appreciate it. I just can't wrap my brain around the language barrier he has ;)

But I have the 94c1 not 9ac1 and besides, I can't make heads or tales of what those instructions are saying. They are a bit scatter brained ;) (no offense).

If you can explain the steps a little more clearly than the OP I would appreciate it. I just can't wrap my brain around the language barrier he has :(

I have 94c1, escuse me.

In EFI string you can also change the string "IagoParent" with "MegalodonParent".

Look at this Topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137076

simple and easy question for most of you (but not so easy for me)

currently I use a 3850 256 MB (Kalway 10.5.2) with the latest HD 10.5xxx.kexts.zip

installed with Pacifist.

works perfect QE /Ci accelerated (thanx EXile)

detected as Radeon HD 3800 by Profiler

only minor drawback is that the card is always working in 3 D mode under Mac OSX

so the temps are a rather high 80 degr. C (30 % fan speed) in my HTPC case

rebooting into XP and the card immediatly detects 2 d mode and goes down to 300/ 850 with 16 % fan speed and 58 degr.C

________

now to a new start :

I had the chance to buy a 3870 Sapphire DDR 4... 512 MB on ebay yesterday

was 80 € , so was quite o.k.

Would someone of the more enlightened friends here

give me a helping hand in not messing my system completely ??

should I simply exchange the HD 3850 with the HD 3870 and crossing my fingers ?

should I reinstall the pkg. ? And which one ? the old one on page one

or the newer 10.5.x-10.5.5 kexts ...

should I delete something in the extension folder....

EFI studio ?

Or what ?

remember I am still on 10.5.2

Help very much appreciated

T.i.a

M

You may try my modded NATIT.kext.

I moddded it a bit, got also KP or blue screen with Natits try&error installs. (mostly .pgk have also some natit.kext installed too).

Be sure that you have an Megadlon.plugin in the ATIRNDRV.kext (in Plugin folder od that .kext).

This natit uses Megadlon Framebuffer.

Some OSX86 DVDs didnt have all Framebuffers included (use older ATI drivers without Megadlon plugin).

Remove other natit.kext.

Install this Natit.kext with KEXTHELPER or OSXTools (because of rights setting).

I would also remove extensions.mkext before reboot

Hey man, your kext just worked for me!!!

Thanks so very much !

post-298773-1227629940_thumb.png