Network Solution for Leopard

shornby

112 posts in this topic

Or if the Apple USB to Ethernet adapter works on Windows Vista ?

The Apple USB Ethernet adapter drivers for Windows come with Leopard installation DVDs. They are in BootCamp\Drivers\Asix directory (attached). There are drivers for XP, Vista, and 64 bits. Both of the Vista and the 64 bits drivers work on Windows 7 too (32 an 64 bits versions, respectively).

Asix.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hey Bro... Can you give me some details about how you got that working and how you configured on System Preferences... I have no freaking clue.. .Im considering returning mine.. I'm running SL 10.6

It finally worked for me after trying like 4 times with the latest driver that ralink has, for the rt25xx and even rt28xx+ series. I had plugged in the adapter before installing the software. You simply have to run the installer, reboot when it asks, and then unplug/replug it back in, and the network prefs and utility popup. Add a profile to set a default connection.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi, someone was able to use the usb2ethernet apple adapter in snow leopard too?

because it's not working for me.

i mean, it is recognized, but on my router the ethernet led blinks instead of staying green, and on system preferences it says it's not connected (but if i go into system profiler the system sees it)

kinda weird, huh? what should i do? any suggestions? thanks

EDIT: got it to work by going to System preferences/network/usb ethernet/advanced/ turned off ipv6 then went to ethernet and manually configured it to go at 10baseT speed. yeah i onkw this sucks but i have a 7.2Mbps connection so i wont have any problem. hope it helps someone else too

USB to Ethernet adapter worked in 3 clicks on my 10.5.8. Its a Linksys for $35 from Office Depot.

The eth0 stopped working after a normal reboot. Nothing new was done. No idea why. Works when booting into XP but not in OSX. Was working in both just fine. :-/

Glad I seen this thread. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello,

I am using the Jas Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 SSE2/SSE3 client/server.

I bought a China made T-Link USB Ethernet Adapter few days back for about $7.

The Adapter was detected, as I can see in the system profiler.

USB Network Controller

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Product ID: 0x8101

Vendor ID: 0x0fe6

(But the Serial number was blank)

I tried with the both the packages from http://www.sustworks.com/site/news_usb_ethernet.html

My device was not added to the Info.plist, so I tried to make a new entry with my vendor & product ids. But failed, still the device not working

I am tried finding solutions for this from last week.

I don't know my device is based on which chip.

But I can see through the blue transparent body of the in the device, there a rectangular chip & written on that chip:

FPE

F0032

0827G

It seems that my device in not based on the ASIX...

The device working fine in Windows XP. They provide driver cd as well for Windows only.

Any help from you people ?

How can I get my device working ? :D

Hey, i have the same problem. same ids.

did you manage to make it work?

thanks

I have an Acer 531h 10,1" netbook with Atheros 5006x wifi-adapter inside (168c, 001c)

I´ve tried a lot of different versions of both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Wifi works perfekt in all Leopard versions using Kismac.

But in Snowy it won´t work. I manage to make it visible in every way, BUT the card

refuses to start.

I´ve tried every tips and tricks avaliable on the internet, but NO!

Then I decided to buy an Usb-wirelessadapter.

Found one on Teknikmagasinet that is only 33x15 mm in size. It comes in two versions.

One cost about 25 euros, which I bought, and supports 802.11n and 300Mbps.

http://teknikmagasinet.se/db.pl?tf=product...mp;artnr=500161

The cheaper one, 20 euros, supports 802.11n and 150Mbps.

http://teknikmagasinet.se/db.pl?tf=product...mp;artnr=500145

Manufactured by Konig Electonics (http://blog.worldofkonig.com/).

The chip inside are Realtek 8191SU wireless LAN 802.11n usb 2.0 network adapter.

The drivers and software included are 10.5, but works perfect with my Snow 10.62

installation.

I have a home network with three other pc´s (Windows 7 and Xp) and a wireless router and printer attached to the Xp-desktop. Use router and not Ad-hoc unless you have a 802.11n adapter on the other computer too. The connection breaks after a few seconds if connected to b/g wifi.

Maybe easy to solve, but the router takes care of the problem anyway.

I have absolutely no problems with printer and filesharing on either of the four computers.

Until I find a solution to the Atheros problem in Snow Leopard, I´m satisfied with my Usb-adapter.

I´s small, fast, cheap and easy to use.

• 3 months later...

Hi, i've a bcm440x ethernet card in my Dell Vostro 1500 and i'm running SL 10.6.3. Unfortunately this network card isn't fully supported with this version of the operating system. So i'm thinking to buy a USB-LAN adapter to override this problem. Can i have a suggestion on which adapter to choose ??? Possibly cheap and full compatibile !!!! :)

• 8 months later...

Can anyone give me an idea of a good USB Wireless dongle to buy. The criteria that I am interested in are that it is 300Mbps Draft N, works with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and/or 10.7, and I want it to be recognized as an Airport. If not a USB dongle, perhaps a PCI-E card for my desktop. Thanks in advance for the information everyone!!!