VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 1

38 posts in this topic

I got parallels 3.0

It is cool, but is VMWare better than Parallels?, I saw there is a tool in VMWare to import the Parallels and BootCamp Partitions.

Is worth the download?

Thanks.

I got parallels 3.0

It is cool, but is VMWare better than Parallels?, I saw there is a tool in VMWare to import the Parallels and BootCamp Partitions.

Is worth the download?

Thanks.

Depends on what apps you are using in Windows. The dual core support in Fusion makes a fair improvement for me.

Depends on what apps you are using in Windows. The dual core support in Fusion makes a fair improvement for me.

I didn't know there was support for Dual Core... Enough arguments for me, will give it a try now.

Guest Snowski

How does Vista run compared to XP then?

I'm running XP 32bit now but thinking about installing Vista 64bit too.

Does Boot Camp work these days?

Guest Snowski

Alright XP it is then.

For now, I'm only using XP to convert my xvids and subs with ConvertXtoDVD 3. There might be a similar app(s) for mac but I highly doubt it will convert in high quality in about 25 mins or less.

ConvertXtoDVD can directly burn to DVD and I always did that in Windows but now in VMware this doesn't work. It either doesn't burn cause the recource is busy or it crash burns. I have to convert in XtoDVD and then copy over to mac desktop and burn with Toast. The result is a proper DVD just like converting natively in Windows.

Oh and does anyone know a quick method to expand the size of the VM drive? I'm surprised they did not include it in v2.

Laters

Dang!

Don't struggle. Either in VMWare or Parallels Windows can't burn CD's or DVD's, by a simple reason your CD / DVD burner is seen as a reader only. You also can't use Nero in Parallels or Fusion.

If you want to burn CD/DVD's in Windows, just boot into Windows.

You can't ask for serials even If the program is Beta, there is a reason they use serials on their Beta programs.

I'll signed everytime a Beta of VMware was released, they are free and they give you the serial every time.

Dang!

Don't struggle. Either in VMWare or Parallels Windows can't burn CD's or DVD's, by a simple reason your CD / DVD burner is seen as a reader only. You also can't use Nero in Parallels or Fusion.

I haven't tried Nero, but I was able to burn a mdf to DVD in Parallels.

I have always been a fusion fan and with the new addition of the DirectX support I guess Movie Maker in Vista will function correctly :P. Anyways I would test the beta but I rely on my VM's a lot due to school work and can't have them crashing in the middle of an important assignment and causing corruption on the VM Disk.

PS: VMWare sees my device as a burner. Lets me burn to it too? Using Windows XP and ImgBurn

Dang!

I have to disagree with you there. I have been using dvdshrink on XP x64 inside Fusion. I can easily burn my dvd's. I also use Adobe Encore and again, I can burn a dvd from within Fusion. Just have the VMWare tools installed and a burning app like Nero and you should be fine.