VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 1

38 posts in this topic

Just an interesting observation from my end....

Windows XP runs much, much smoother on Parallels 3 than it does in Fusion Beta 2. However, the Shader Model 2.0 support of Fusion forces me to use that. Anybody else notice a difference in "smoothness" between the two?

Just an interesting observation from my end....

Windows XP runs much, much smoother on Parallels 3 than it does in Fusion Beta 2. However, the Shader Model 2.0 support of Fusion forces me to use that. Anybody else notice a difference in "smoothness" between the two?

If it's much much better, my guess is something is wrong with your VMware setup then.

If it's much much better, my guess is something is wrong with your VMware setup then.

Yeah, I'd assume that too. Using XP under Parallels 3, it was like using a "real" installation of Windows. Opening and closing applications, moving windows, etc was all smooth and crisp.

With VMware, everything is choppy. I really only use it for one application, which requires Shader Model 2, so I have to use VMware. It's totally functional, I just found the performance difference odd.

does it crash? because i cant even start my vmware. not sure if the hackintosh is to be blamed.

I can only start VMware if I open it immediately after I boot up the system. If I run other applications first, and then go to open VMware, I get a kernel panic. Once it's running, it's fairly stable.

It's probably a Hackintosh issue.

You are slightly off-topic, you should go to Virtualization sub-forum to discuss and research VMware tips and tricks.

VMware works fine on my Macs and hachintoshes, even on my AMD rig.

Yes but with Tiger as I told you in the reply of your other post.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=758584

But if you want to run the Real partition of XP inside VM of XP (VMware Fusion) that is inside of VM Tiger (Vmware for Windows) is a more complex, you can not attach the Running Windows, but you can attach another Disk with XP, but is the craziest thing.