Webcam support limited by Apple's UVC driver. [PARTIALLY SOLVED]

173 posts in this topic

No Success here:

HP Webcam:

Version: 6.06

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0xb023

Serial Number: SN0001

Vendor ID: 0x04f2

But, I have made a shocking discovery :P

I got this error in terminal while running:

/Applications/Photo Booth.app/Contents/MacOS/Photo Booth

So, this may be a hint.

I wonder what "but wrong architecture" is supposed to mean. Is it our processors?

Hi all, well i dont even haver the DesktopVideoOut.component in /system/library/quicktime/

By the way this is my webcams info

Version: 1.00

Manufacturer: SuYin

Product ID: 0xa101

Serial Number: CN0314-OV01-VH-R03.02.02

Vendor ID: 0x064e

It worked Out of the box only in ichat. No photo booth or skype support. tried the VDC.plugin deletion solution without luck

VDC plugin deletion didn't work for me either. I am able to use the built-in webcam to take a picture for the account in sysprefs but I don't see a USB camera in sysprofiler and ichat and photobooth just show a black screen.

I have a Sony Vaio TZ150

• 2 weeks later...

Hi has anyone gotten this to work? I have this same webcam:

HP Webcam:

Version: 6.06

Product ID: 0xb023

I am running Kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.4+Security Update 2008-005

I had it upgraded then messed it up and spent all day reinstalling and getting it to upgrade again so I don't want to go messing around with .kexts unless I know it will work.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Guys, I've got a HP laptop (hp pavilion dv6750) with a Chicony webcam

I've tried all of previous suggestions with no luck

But I'm now happy to say that for my PC I've found a solution!!!!!

Just download and install CamTwist, modify options add webcam entry and.....it works! :(

p.s. only annoying thing is that you need to keep CamTwist open everytime you want

to use the webcam with othe applications

Got a Sonic sn9c201 from deal extreme and it works fine in skype. Photobooth wont work. Even if I remove that one framework file ;\ Help?

USB2.0 UVC PC Camera:

Version: 11.08

Manufacturer: Syntek

Product ID: 0x5212

Serial Number: 0001

Vendor ID: 0x174f

This is my cam. Anyone can help me to get this work?

Thankyou very much

I have a Rosewill RCM-3201 True 1.3 MP Effective Pixels USB 2.0 Interface WebCam - Retail which doesn't work. I've tried it on my Powerpc ibook G4 as well and on my Kalyway 10.5.2 hackintosh. niether works and I've tried delting VDC and using the drivers fromt he included CD. I also tried using macam -- only enables video settings but I get no video. Anyone have this cam and get it to work on hack or regular macs?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Shamrock,

I am reporting that your solution works for me too. I am using Acer Crystaleye Webcam on my HackBook which is Acer 4710.

Hi Guys, I've got a HP laptop (hp pavilion dv6750) with a Chicony webcam

I've tried all of previous suggestions with no luck

But I'm now happy to say that for my PC I've found a solution!!!!!

Just download and install CamTwist, modify options add webcam entry and.....it works! :D

p.s. only annoying thing is that you need to keep CamTwist open everytime you want

to use the webcam with othe applications

thats only unbelievable ......

i can take a snapshot and nothing else...

there must be a solution , but i don´t have it... ;)

i have a creative live cam optia and all the people say that the cam is running on mac !

nothing 40 euros for a 640x480 cam - omg -

my only option was to install vmware :D ( i´am so poor )

c´mon guys :D we need help!

Edit: maybe with crossover for mac?

edit2:

USB-Hochgeschwindigkeits-Bus:

Ort für Host-Controller: USB (Integriert)

Treiber für Host-Controller: AppleUSBEHCI

PCI Geräte-ID: 0x2836

PCI Revisions-ID: 0x0003

PCI Hersteller-ID: 0x8086

Bus-Nummer: 0xfd

Live! Cam Optia:

Version: 1.00

Bus-Strom (mA): 500

Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 480 MBit/s

Hersteller: Creative Labs

Produkt-ID: 0x4057

Hersteller-ID: 0x041e

Hi there,

I'm a newb to all this hackingtosh stuff ;)

I have an Acer 5920G with a crystal eye webcam. When using photobooth and Ichat I just get a green screen. Unfortuantly I can't test it with anymore than that as my wireless card dosnt work. My webcam shows up in system profiler.

I've downloaded the Tiger files, now what do I do with them?!? or is this for more advanced users?

Rach

Thank you so much :D

I finally got my webcam to work in Photo Booth... but not in iChat :(

anyway here is my "USB 2.0 Camera" (its a built-in webcam)

USB 2.0 Camera:

Version: 3.25

Manufacturer: Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.

Product ID: 0xb008

My Hackintosh is a Lenovo 3000 Y410

now i got to get my bluetooth and sound working...

BlurKing, which method did you use ?

I'm having a Sonix too, it works greats in AMSN but not in Photobooth & Ichat.

I've followed the different methods but only one is working, Camtwist. In fact photobooth is even better with this app because you can add effects on effects :censored2:

In photobooth i've made a autoload, so everytime i launch camtwist my webcam is on.

So because it was anoying to always open it with photo booth, I did a application with automator. This app launch camtwist then photobooth

It is faster :)

By the way i've uninstalled VCD plugin and i've installed IOUSBFAMILY from 10.4.9 given in this topic. It didn't change anything on my camera but it solved my reboot problem. No when i restart the computer it is done immediatly.

BlurKing, which method did you use ?

I'm having a Sonix too, it works greats in AMSN but not in Photobooth & Ichat.

I've followed the different methods but only one is working, Camtwist. In fact photobooth is even better with this app because you can add effects on effects :D

In photobooth i've made a autoload, so everytime i launch camtwist my webcam is on.

So because it was anoying to always open it with photo booth, I did a application with automator. This app launch camtwist then photobooth

It is faster :)

By the way i've uninstalled VCD plugin and i've installed IOUSBFAMILY from 10.4.9 given in this topic. It didn't change anything on my camera but it solved my reboot problem. No when i restart the computer it is done immediatly.

I just deleted the VDC.plugin thing... it worked in Photo Booth but not in iChat...

BTW I got my Bluetooth and sound working after sleeping and waking the computer up... Wierd... i have to do this every restart. The built-in speakers work, not the mic and earphones... hope this helps someone... haha

Yea Photo Booth effects are great. It gets so hilarious using some effects... i have to quit the app so that i could stop laughing

I've found solution !!!

You just need install this http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

The MACAM is fix all your problem =) My webcam now work in skype... =)

this is not a solution for built-in cams , this is for usb wired cams . tell us if you have a built in cam and that u were able to fix it .

my buit in cam is

Version: 6.04

Product ID: 0xb016

and i tried many things to get it working with photobooth and ichat but no luck . it works in yahoo messenger and msn murcary . and camtwist. but thats not enough and im sure the problem is something easy.

thanks for any help.

hey everyone. i just want to share an idea i got in mind . while looking inside the source folders of macam application. inside the folder "cameras" i saw all the drivers which are added or supported to work with macam , which are usb cams. and there is one file which is named Example . that one file has instruction of how to add cam driver to the program. i tried doing it but since i know nothing i got lost .

now u might ask where do i got driver from to add it . you don't need a driver . the script is ready and someone needs to enter the VEN ID and product ID correct and i really don't know the rest . and if the driver is made for the built in cam since it's under usb . it could be recognized by macam and from there you can get everything working. cus i tried macam with a usb cam i have . and it turned it on and i could use photobooth and ichat .

note : macam comes with a plugin which it asks u to put it inside quiktime folder or something . that why photobooth and ichat works . but first macam needs to recognize the cam .

i hope some pro can look into this and get the cam working. sorry for nothing bringing a solution . but i thought this might worth sharing.