1 Screenshot

About This File

AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 from High Sierra PB1_17A291m.

Info.plist has been edited so Bundle version is 999.1.1 ---> give higher priority loading in kernel cache/pre-linked kernel than v329 from later betas/GM. Need to disable SIP (since editing info.plist invalidates Apple's kext signature).

Install in /Library/Extensions (so doesn't get over-written during updates) repair permissions, rebuild caches eg

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Test kext is loadable...

sudo kextutil -tn /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

Confirm kext is loaded after rebooting the system...

kextstat | grep AHCIPort

To use with a USB installer, the kext needs to be included in the prelinkedkernel. Use PLK.tool attached to post#13 to create a new prelinkedkernel with AppleAHCIPort.kext v328, then replace original prelinkedkernel in the installer - post#16.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, fusion71au said:

@Matgen84,

According to @vit9696's post#14243 at Applelife.ru, it seems like his patch will fix all the problems introduced with AppleAHCIPort.kext v329, running on old SATA controllers/hard disks.  The fundamental problem is that Aggressive Link Power Management is not supported by our old hardware.

You can try it and report back :yes:

I try it. But my system is Intel 7 series, not so old than ICH9 or ICH10. Despite of that AppleAHCIPort.kext v329 introduce hot-plug failed on my hack. Sunki's patch solve the issue.

Sorry for my bad english

Edit: vit9696's patch work fine: Hot-Plug is okay on Mojave Beta 2. I think It will be same on High Sierra 10.13.5.

Thanks @fusion71au, @vit9696

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

Hi everybody, I came here because this seems to be the right place to ask for an idea to fix my last issue I have with my Aorus X5 V6 laptop. This laptop includes the asmedia 1062 Controller for the internal SATA port, I need this to use the mechanical drive for mass storage, High sierra is installed in the NVME drive.

The initial issue was drive in the sata port not detected at all. With hot plug patch drive is detected and full working and with good performance, but is ejected after sleep, with the "disk not ejected properly" message, after that it mounts itself again. With ALPM patch same happens, drive is detected and full working and with good performance, but is ejected after sleep, with the "disk not ejected properly" message, after that it mounts itself again.

I don´t need to eject the drive or to hotswap at all because the drive is inside the laptop, in IOREG I see the ESATA set to "true", Hot swap set to "True", I don´t know if this is the cause for this to happen.

I can confirm the chip itself it is an ASMEDIA 1062 but the pci id is 1b21:0625 maybe a newer version.

I attach the IOReg file with the DSDT and config.plist.

I hope someone knows what to do @vit9696, @fusion71au,@SunKi.

Thanks!!!

Good Luck!!

Areos Aorus X5 V6.zip

On 6/22/2018 at 7:58 AM, Matgen84 said:

Mojave 10.14.1

works on Mojave

Z370XP-SLI

system info displays Generic AHCI Controler.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, dodo said:

works on Mojave

Z370XP-SLI

system info displays Generic AHCI Controler.

This is on Intel Sata controller or do you have an ASMedia Sata controller?

On 11/12/2018 at 2:57 PM, AREOS said:

This is on Intel Sata controller or do you have an ASMedia Sata controller?

Intel.

Find    --> 40600200
Replace --> 00000000
AppleAHCIPort

This ALPM Patch for AppleAHCIPort.kext works very well also on macOS Catalina beta 

I can use my internal Ahci Sata Disk. now ...

• Like 2

@vit9696

necro an old thread... however..

anyone have any experience with asm1092 port multiplier function cards?

I have a 6 port card that uses both marvel and asm109x and is supposed to be multiplier capable.

on a sandy bridge system the card seems to behave..

on an older x58 motherboard.. seems to behave on initial boot but on a wake.. kernel pid0 has thousands of wakeups in activity monitor so something is not jiving ... 

thanks