Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

I have now discovered a sleep problem with my display hardware. After the period of time set in the energy saver panel, the display would shut down but I won't be able to turn the display on if I try to wake it up. But even if I set computer sleep at the same time of the display, the computer wont sleep until it pass a minute after the display has shut down. Once in sleep mode I can wake it up without problems. Is this ring any bells to anyone?

Also, any idea if there's a NVCAP string to make my VGA or DVI working? Thanks.

sonotone....i had vista n leopard iATKOS 1.0 runnin successfully on my system in dual boot mode...

i installed ur program and after that i am unable to start Mac OSX...the darwin boot loader does not load...

please some one suggest a remedy for this...URGENTLY!!!

lookin for an early reply...

TBONE

I need more details please... (cf first post!)

But it look that you've installed it on 10.5.1, and few kext are running only with 10.5.2. Can you confirm?

with vista, just rep^lace your old kexts as i explained in Readme (you may use Macdrive for it)

Boot in verbose mode (-v) and watch for errors, then tell us, then you can delete any of the conflicting kexts if you boot in safe mode (-x)

macgirl the problem is that when i select mac osx after the OS choice menu....the screen goes blank for a second and again the menu choice comes up...this never stops to happen... so i cannot boot even in (-v) or (-x) mode

i updated 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using the kalyway combo updater, then tried installing the dell package again, this is the result i got running it in -v , loading it in safemode was unsuccessful (apple screen with the spinning circle)

post-231921-1211136381_thumb.jpg

I think you need to update your kernel (you're still running on 9.1) and your system.kext also; you can find these files in Kalyway's update. you have to know that boot process can be very very slow if you keep old kernel and system.kext (update don't replace them).

EDIT: i've used 0.25b on a fresh kalyway 10.5.2 install, and everythings works.

The only "critical" kext is contain in battery meter, and, as mentionned in installer, ONLY FOR 10.5.2 distribs! If you install it on a previous distrib, you will be unable to boot your system.

macgirl the problem is that when i select mac osx after the OS choice menu....the screen goes blank for a second and again the menu choice comes up...this never stops to happen... so i cannot boot even in (-v) or (-x) mode

OS choice Menu is from Darwin Bootloader or other?

When infinite reboots happens mean you installed anon supported kernel, like Vanilla Kernel without PC EFI or Vanilla Kernel with PC Efi but on an unsupported Processor (non Core solo/duo/quad).

To stop infinite loop reboots you need to install another kernel, you can also modify com.apple.Boot.plist to have an entry (Timeout) that let you write kernel flags and boot options.

i updated 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using the kalyway combo updater, then tried installing the dell package again, this is the result i got running it in -v , loading it in safemode was unsuccessful (apple screen with the spinning circle)

What happen with Single User Mode (-s) ?

When infinite reboots happens mean you installed anon supported kernel, like Vanilla Kernel without PC EFI or Vanilla Kernel with PC Efi but on an unsupported Processor (non Core solo/duo/quad).

To stop infinite loop reboots you need to install another kernel, you can also modify com.apple.Boot.plist to have an entry (Timeout) that let you write kernel flags and boot options.

well the os choice menu is frm windows....n i cant open anything in the mac so how can i modify com.apple.Boot.plist...

my kernet n processor are totally compatible and hav been runnin the mac for over 3 months now...without any problem...

please suggest

well the os choice menu is frm windows....n i cant open anything in the mac so how can i modify com.apple.Boot.plist...

my kernet n processor are totally compatible and hav been runnin the mac for over 3 months now...without any problem...

please suggest

As i said few post ago, get "macdrive" for windows then replace old kexts (/dellLaptops/backup) in extensions folder.

Did you install it on a 10.5.1 distrib????

You can also boot from the Installation DVD and open the Utilities Menu -> Terminal, before you select the drive where to install your Volume is mounted as Read/Write so you can make changes in it.

As i said few post ago, get "macdrive" for windows then replace old kexts (/dellLaptops/backup) in extensions folder.

Did you install it on a 10.5.1 distrib????

yup...i installed it on a 10.5.1...i;ve downloaded the macdrive...can u please tell me which kexts are to me replaced in detail...

thanks

tbone

i've accessed my drive through macdrive as suggested bysonotone...n previously i used to hav a 5second timeout and had to select the disks02 for mac to run...

now the boot loader does not load...

macgirl wat modifications will need to be made in the com.apple.Boot.plist????

If you want the darwin bootloader to show mor a few seconds:

add these to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Quiet Boot

No

Timeout

Hey Will this make my x1400 work in 1280x800? I have a dell e1505 x1400, 2 gig ram, intel 4965, sigmatel audio, iatkos 1.0b. I have quarts enabled but all I need is the rezolution fix. any help out there for changing the resolution in any way at all???

Hey Will this make my x1400 work in 1280x800? I have a dell e1505 x1400, 2 gig ram, intel 4965, sigmatel audio, iatkos 1.0b. I have quarts enabled but all I need is the rezolution fix. any help out there for changing the resolution in any way at all???

Why do not try?

I installed the x1400 driver and I had quarts enabled but couldnt see the taskbar because my background was black. However, it did not change the resolution to 1280x800.

Thoughts?

I installed the x1400 driver and I had quarts enabled but couldnt see the taskbar because my background was black. However, it did not change the resolution to 1280x800.

Thoughts?

Did you choose correct resolution in installer option?

Yes I chose the rite resolution. My monitor is a 1280x800 display. This is the only thing that doesnt work in leopard. otherwise I have everything but sleep workin.

more thoughts?

I have a XPS m1530 with the following config

-T7500 CPU

-4GB OCZ Value DDR2 RAM

-200GB 7200 RPM 7K200

-GEFORCE 8600 GT 256MB

I'm using iATKOS 2.0i, installed with the following option:

-vanilla 9.2.2 kernel

After the os install I ran the post-installer with the following options:

-graphics - works, but no restart/shutdown as everyone else

-powermanagement - battery meter/speedstep shows up, sleep works but cannot wake up, causes the onboard ps/2 trackpad/keyboard to stop working! after checking with -v boot option it seems like no device was detected/loaded at boot

-two finger scrolling - not working

-sound - not working but that's probably cause I randomly selected a driver hoping it'll work and also sound is not as much of an issue as the others such as sleep and keyboard problems

-media keys enabler - works

Seeing that most people have had more success I'm going to try the Kalyway release as well, just to see the difference...

Are you using modded or Vanilla AppleACPIplatform.kext?

I'm using Vanilla with ACPIPS2nub.kext, sometimes when it wakes the keyboard is stucked like a key is pressed all the time but pressing any key resolves the problem.

There are several tricks to regain sound on speakers, the last one is to shutdown with the headphones selected boot again and select speakers.