Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've just update my old Kalyway to 10.5.6 MacOsX update.

Everything works fine except my soundcard.

I have Sigmatel 9200 and my card doesn't works.

I used some different kext but I have already the same result. Don't work

Don't know why...

I take screen capture to my audio setup panel !!

Somebody can help me ?

Thx

your sound solution is here and by "the man himself" tbcarey.

that kext will allow you to plug your headphones in and have muted speakers also. Use kexthelper or OSX86tools to install. You may want to delete your old hda kext before you install.

Thanks for your answear.

But I've already installed this kext and my soundcard still don't work.

I don't know why.....

I will try to re-re-...install this kext but I think its doesn't work.

Thanks for your answear

EDIT : I reinstall kext but no change, my card doesn't works with 10.5.6 update :s !

Thanks for your answear.

But I've already installed this kext and my soundcard still don't work.

I don't know why.....

I will try to re-re-...install this kext but I think its doesn't work.

Thanks for your answear

EDIT : I reinstall kext but no change, my card doesn't works with 10.5.6 update :s !

if you have a 6400 and you have a sigmatel 9200 then it is working under 10.5.6. are you sure you have the kext installed (check version number or dates)? did you delete the old one before you installed the new one? after the system boots you have no sound. did you try to plug in the headphones and unplug them, does the sound appear then?

well, anyway. it should work - it works here on the same system.

good luck

Did you do that with FFScroll? if so, could you post your values?

yes

Yeah I already try this solution but my card still doesn't work !!!!

I don't know why and what can I do...... :thumbsup_anim:

I take you screen capture to my kext version, you can tell me if it's ok !!

Thanks for your help :P

I will check mine later and let you know if they match.

I'm having a problem when installing the 1.4.1 installer. It the kalyway 10.5.2 install I have in inspiron 6400/e1505. My bios says I I have the intel gma945. You support the 50 and another one I believe. I used the 950 to install originlly and with the 1.3 installer and they worked fine but I loose my display when installing the 1.4 installer. I was wondering if I was missing an option as most people seem to do all right with the same model laptop as myself any help is appreciated

I'm having a problem when installing the 1.4.1 installer. It the kalyway 10.5.2 install I have in inspiron 6400/e1505. My bios says I I have the intel gma945. You support the 50 and another one I believe. I used the 950 to install originlly and with the 1.3 installer and they worked fine but I loose my display when installing the 1.4 installer. I was wondering if I was missing an option as most people seem to do all right with the same model laptop as myself any help is appreciated

they are one and the same. 945GM is the chipset (Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family), the card is a gma950. they often get mixed up. You need to be more specific than "loose my display". Is it booting up with a black screen? do you still have hdd activity in the background with the black screen?

edit1: I just realized that the gma drivers in the 1.4 package are from 10.5.4 and probably will not work on your 10.5.2 installation. I suggest to upgrade your OSX or fall back to the 1.3 gma drivers.

Yeah I already try this solution but my card still doesn't work !!!!

I don't know why and what can I do...... :pirate2:

I take you screen capture to my kext version, you can tell me if it's ok !!

Thanks for your help :P

the hda is correct (identical to mine). You may have to delete the enabler because you have it in your mkext already upon boot (they collide). Just delete the hdaenabler.kext in extensions, reboot and see if it works.

they are one and the same. 945GM is the chipset (Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family), the card is a gma950. they often get mixed up. You need to be more specific than "loose my display". Is it booting up with a black screen? do you still have hdd activity in the background with the black screen?

edit1: I just realized that the gma drivers in the 1.4 package are from 10.5.4 and probably will not work on your 10.5.2 installation. I suggest to upgrade your OSX or fall back to the 1.3 gma drivers.

the hda is correct (identical to mine). You may have to delete the enabler because you have it in your mkext already upon boot (they collide). Just delete the hdaenabler.kext in extensions, reboot and see if it works.

Thank you.. I found a guide somewhere for upgrading Kalyway specificlly.. another question, does the 1.4 upgrade give me the use of my Mic?.. I just noticed that so long as I have InsomniX running I can close the lid of the laptop now.. well I havn't tried without Insomnix truth be told.... I'm tempted to download it just cause it will let me use the multitouch gestures, or I assume that's whats new with the touchpad

once I get to 1.5.5 and reinstall the installer I can just use the apple updater correct...will I have to reinstall the installer after every update?

I have a Vostro 1310. Thanks to this wonderful package, the 1310 is working 99% now, with the 1% that doesn't work being microphone.

I have a post that explains how to get the sound working. This includes sound after wakeup from sleep. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1095450

I used Superhai's EHCISleepEnabler for various USB issues I had, and it works perfectly with Apple's stock USB kext's (I always try NOT to modify Apple's driver as much as possible).

Now, my gig running 10.5.6 vanilla kernel is the best computer I've ever built!

Thanks to all people that come before me to make this happen!

Thank you.. I found a guide somewhere for upgrading Kalyway specificlly.. another question, does the 1.4 upgrade give me the use of my Mic?.. I just noticed that so long as I have InsomniX running I can close the lid of the laptop now.. well I havn't tried without Insomnix truth be told.... I'm tempted to download it just cause it will let me use the multitouch gestures, or I assume that's whats new with the touchpad

once I get to 1.5.5 and reinstall the installer I can just use the apple updater correct...will I have to reinstall the installer after every update?

the Mic will not work. all you will get is mute on headphone plug in. there is no multi touch with the 6400. all you will ever get is 1 finger scroll. also, be aware, it's not just a simple upgrade from 10.5.5 to .6. A lot of fixing needs to be done to get this 100%. but there are two nice complete instructions for you on the 6400/E1505 thread in the genius section.

the Mic will not work. all you will get is mute on headphone plug in. there is no multi touch with the 6400. all you will ever get is 1 finger scroll. also, be aware, it's not just a simple upgrade from 10.5.5 to .6. A lot of fixing needs to be done to get this 100%. but there are two nice complete instructions for you on the 6400/E1505 thread in the genius section.

I second that. I had a kalyway that was at 10.5.5.....and screwed it up. And I've been doing this since the deadmoo flat image.

I wound up having to erase and just use the iPC 10.5.6. If all your stuff is backed up you may just want to do that. It will save a lot of headaches.

Hi everybody!

I have a big problem since I installed this Package on my Dell Inspiron 1525... (I think it's due to the "Keyboard Layout French")

My keyboard doens't work at all !

Even when the computer boots, I can't even use it to go to the BIOS !

I think I can't do anything because my computer is forced to boot on OSX and everytime you want to handle with drivers, they ask you a password...

I have no PS/2 on my computer and no USB Keyboard at home...

I'm affraid sending my computer to Dell, if they discover that I installed OSX on it...

OK, to type a password I can use the Special Characters...

But how can I solve the problem ? Do I have to delete the keyboard kext ? How can I do this ?

Thank's

Use your DVD disk to overwrite your ApplePS2Coontroller.kext with the one from the DVD, or this one wich run just fine with E1505, this is the one I'm using right now.

(don't forget to delete Extension cache to force OS X using the new kext on boot)

Thank you I'll try this, can you explain to me how can I delete Extention cache ?

ADD : Well, it works ! It was just that ! Thank you very much !

Glad you suceeded :)

Just for you to know, the extension cache is the file /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

If you delete it, on the next boot the system will load kext from /System/Library/Extensions/ and build a new cache (cache is built in order to speed up the boot).

Moreover, when you manually install new kext I suggest you to set Extensions permission with a program such as OSX86tools. Only take a few sec.

any working drivers for my 8700M GT SLI video card, my Intel 4965AGN Wireless card and my Broadcom 5784M network card PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE ???

the nvkush's drivers works and make me a working QE/CI but only one on the two cards works and i've got a lot of lags. Any solution please ?

And i can't connect me on internet, without Wireless or Network card !?! How can i do ?

I really need help please !!!

Thank you very much !!!!!