• Please log in to reply
1016 replies to this topic

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hullo, could you maybe add Dell 1525 to the list? I'm using the (dreaded) GMA X3100 ;) Anyway, here's my config:

Install Kalyway 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2 with Kaly Combo Update
GMA X3100, ONLY works on EXTERNAL monitor. 1680 * 1050 * 32. Full QE/CI (total blank on internal monitor. why won't it run on 1440 * 900 when capable of 1680 is beyond me). Already tried natit.kext but didn't work, don't want to use the sleep trick :censored2:

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller <VEN_11AB&DEV_4354> (couldn't find any kext on the forum yet)
After editing IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist, the Ethernet was detected!!! Success was short lived - status shows "Ethernet cable not plugged in" regardless of it connected or not :D Profiler shows ethernet is present complete with IP address, but I couldn't access my router 192.168... so the NIC is still not properly initialized.

Single user mode saved my life many times now, after (really) countless of erase and installs of Leopard, I really loathe GMA X3100

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

I'm using the (dreaded) GMA X3100

It looks like. I'm already looking for, but what a mess to implement X3100 support in installer. I readed lot of thinks about, with many contradictions, and each laptop seems to need a specific solution.

jasestu

jasestu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Any reports on how this plays with the M1730?

Edit: Ok, in my case it still doesn't get me around the video card issues I've got. Oh well. :)

realityloop

realityloop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Sorry for the newb question, but how do I repair my permissions?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
spotlight->disk utility->repair permissions

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Sorry for the newb question, but how do I repair my permissions?

Diskutil repairs permission for the whole disk (slower), this method only repairs /System/Library/Extensions (alot faster, assuming that you only edited file located here)
1. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
2. sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
3. sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
4. restart
Correct me if I'm wrong, you can skip step 3 if you key in -f during the next reboot

@ sonotone, Just to confirm all the kext are installed to /Inspiron/ rite? Not /system/library/extensions/ ?

Sound from the package does not work, HDApatcher + dump also didn't work. Taruga's STAC9228_0x83847616.zip only manage to enable the icon (mute, vol up/down) but no sound comes out.

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

@ sonotone, Just to confirm all the kext are installed to /Inspiron/ rite? Not /system/library/extensions/ ?

No, this is back-up of your old kexts (replaced by installer).

Sound from the package does not work, HDApatcher + dump also didn't work. Taruga's STAC9228_0x83847616.zip only manage to enable the icon (mute, vol up/down) but no sound comes out.

Check if AppleAzalia.kext is still in your Extensions folder; and remove it (i think i forgot to put this script in latest version).

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Check if AppleAzalia.kext is still in your Extensions folder; and remove it (i think i forgot to put this script in latest version).

Yup, double check with spotlight, no such kext (maybe Kalyway doens't have this). Manually search with the closest result: AppleAPIC.kext and AppleBacklight.kext. If it's there, it should be between those 2 (alphabatically)
My audio is SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC STAC9228
VEN_8384&DEV_7616

I've also attached a modified IONetworking.kext. It kinda works (shows up in Network, Profiler), but shows "Network cable unplug" regardless of cable connection
It's a Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller with VEN_11AB&DEV_4354

UPDATE 15th June: There is currently NO working solution for the 88E8040. I've already tried editing the 88E8039 plist (AppleYukon), that didn't work and the AppleYukon2 (attatchment below) also didn't do the trick. And if you're wondering, it's not the PCIe bus issue affecting some Acer models. So if you really can't live without ethernet, I'd suggest you to get a USB ethernet dongle. It's cheap and it'll probally work, here's a link for more info: http://www.sustworks...b_ethernet.html

Attached Files

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

My audio is SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC STAC9228
VEN_8384&DEV_7616

Same ID as the one used for installer. Go to audio-midi configuration, maybe a wrong audio device is checked.

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Same ID as the one used for installer

Did profiler show built in audio? Mine didn't. Now this is really strange. Since I couldn't get audio working with kext helper, I did everything manually (taruga's applehda and inject). After reboot I got audio, volume up/down (maybe because I didn't do diskutil repairpermissions / when using kext helper), mute button doesn't work though.
Went to midi config in Utilities and tested speaker configuration, got a loud static hissing (is it suppose to give that sound or music instead?). Just to confirm my audio works, I reboot and... find out that audio is GONE again.

That's all I can manage for today, will have to continue tomorrow (guess I'll be having nightmares 6 nites in a row :( )

fusionlance

fusionlance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Tried fixing the battery meter, it worked but media keys went haywire and sleep changed to restart (changed the safe sleep stuff).
After login, internal mobo speaker gives warning (don't know what it means), so I reboot into Vista. HWMonitor shows the processor -16 C min (impossible since I'm living in a tropical country) and 98 C max (not F). Wow, Intel specs at their website specifies a max of 100 C for my processor, thermal diode must've kicked in... I'm lucky. Won't be touching power related kext again, ever.

UPDATE: The culprit was Sleep, not Sonotone's package.

realityloop

realityloop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I'm not having much luck on my XPS M1330

-I install iATKOS 1.0i
--EFI
--SMBIOS
--NTFS
--ext2fs

Working without sound or network

-Run the KalywayIntelCombo10.5.2 update, which works fine but still without sound or network

-Install Build 0.2.2
--NVidia 8xxx Series
--Sigmatel 9228
--Apple SMBios (both items ticked)
--Brittish Keyboard
--XPS M1330 2 finger scrolling

Fix permissions as per fusionlance's instructions OSX no longer boots, I get screen telling me to reboot with power icon on back of window...

Any ideas?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Install Build 0.2.2
--NVidia 8xxx Series
--Sigmatel 9228
--Apple SMBios (both items ticked)
--Brittish Keyboard
--XPS M1330 2 finger scrolling

Fix permissions as per fusionlance's instructions OSX no longer boots, I get screen telling me to reboot with power icon on back of window...

Any ideas?

Sorry but i quote myself (first post):

"TESTERS: Please give your laptop model (and Hardware), release used, and Kernel installed.
A step by step installation will be better to report each section problem.
Thanks."

Anyway, i think you lost your Applesmbios by choosing both of them, but maybe i'm wrong.
If you can boot in Verbose mode (type -v in bootloader options) and take a picture of the screen with error message. Also try -x option (safe mode boot).

Tried fixing the battery meter, it worked but media keys went haywire and sleep changed to restart (changed the safe sleep stuff).
After login, internal mobo speaker gives warning (don't know what it means), so I reboot into Vista. HWMonitor shows the processor -16 C min (impossible since I'm living in a tropical country) and 98 C max (not F). Wow, Intel specs at their website specifies a max of 100 C for my processor, thermal diode must've kicked in... I'm lucky. Won't be touching power related kext again, ever.

What do you mean by "Tried fixing the battery meter": manually or with installer?
It's strange cause there is no shared kexts/files between battery meter and media keys.
Also, i removed AppleACPIThermal.kext inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext to prevent high temperatures problems. But if you are in Tropical environement and CPU is working hard, maybe it's a "normal" issue, assuming that PC laptops are significantly warmer when they are running OSX (especially whitout speedstep kernel)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

Any reports on how this plays with the M1730?
Edit: Ok, in my case it still doesn't get me around the video card issues I've got. Oh well. :)

Which video card does your m1730 has?

Did profiler show built in audio? Mine didn't. Now this is really strange. Since I couldn't get audio working with kext helper, I did everything manually (taruga's applehda and inject). After reboot I got audio, volume up/down (maybe because I didn't do diskutil repairpermissions / when using kext helper), mute button doesn't work though.
Went to midi config in Utilities and tested speaker configuration, got a loud static hissing (is it suppose to give that sound or music instead?). Just to confirm my audio works, I reboot and... find out that audio is GONE again.

If you read the thread of the Guide I made you will see a lot of post with these audio issues, some users came with sound after sleep, some booting on Battery (no AC adapter connected), I also experienced lost sound if I booted on windows first (but after botting twicen in Mac OS X I got sound).

Remember that the 9228 kext is experimental.

Also, i removed AppleACPIThermal.kext inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext to prevent high temperatures problems. But if you are in Tropical environement and CPU is working hard, maybe it's normal issue, assuming that PC laptops are significantly warmer when they are running OSX (especially whitout speedstep kernel)

Is not just the SpeedStep kernel, it also need the speedstep kext and the speedstep app. kernel alone makes no difference.

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Is not just the SpeedStep kernel, it also need the speedstep kext and the speedstep app. kernel alone makes no difference.

"I must admit that I find that you are being what you might call just a little picky" ;) :(

jasestu

jasestu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Which video card does your m1730 has?

Hey. I've got the 2 x 256 mb nVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT cards. Is that enough detail?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

"I must admit that I find that you are being what you might call just a little picky" :) :D

Not really, it is beacuse users can be misinformed, and they could say "you say that with speedstep kernel I will get more battery or less heat".

Kind of disclaimer you know

realityloop

realityloop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Would it be possible to either alter the tree structure like follows:

XPS M1330
-GFX
--NVidia 8xxx Series
--Intel
-Sigmatel 9228
-Keyboard Layouts
--British
--French
-2 Finger Scrolling

Or add model numbers that patches are applicable to for each item please?

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

Would it be possible to either alter the tree structure like follows:

XPS M1330
-GFX
--NVidia 8xxx Series
--Intel
-Sigmatel 9228
-Keyboard Layouts
--British
--French
-2 Finger Scrolling

Why not, but actually i don't know how to use the same file in differents tree locations.
example: if i make a tree structure like:

XPS M1330
- 2 fingers
Inspiron 9400
- 2 fingers

I need to store files twice, and the outcome is a unecessary heaviness of the package.
It's possible using specifics scripts, like to create a temp folder where all files are stored, then, following user choises, to move them in desired folders.
But i must to start again from beginning.
I don't want include GFx files for now, because it's a advanced and very specific stuff witch can make your system unusable.

Or add model numbers that patches are applicable to for each item please?

Yes, i will improve informations about that. Hovewer, users should to know their hardware before running that kind of packages.

gNOMEintheRedHat

gNOMEintheRedHat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi,
I attach here betaS versionS of an All-In-One metapackage dedicate to Dell laptops (Made with Packagemaker).
I project to extend it for all dell laptop series, but i need testers and specific kexts for theses laptops

Build 0.2.3:
- Add Sigmatel 9205 prepatched kexts.
Link: http://rapidshare.co....O.2.3.zip.html

TESTERS: Please give your laptop model (and Hardware), release used, build used and Kernel installed.
A step by step installation will be better to report each section problem.
Thanks.

I have a Dell XPS M1530
nVidia 8600 256MB
320GB HDD
HD Audio
Blu-Ray

Installed Kalyway 10.5.1 ISO
I had to move the Apple Power Manager KEXT and the NVDA KEXT to make the system boot.

When trying to start the DellPackage.0.2.3 and I get the message "you use an old version Only for Leopard

gNOMEintheRedHat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy