The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

StarForge

StarForge

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
For me, whatever I try I only ever seem to get sound from the left speaker.

Its like something has disabled the output to the right channel / speaker... hmm

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

Super l33t T3H HaX0r ARE YOU? WELL..I can..umm..HaX your Tires?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

For me, whatever I try I only ever seem to get sound from the left speaker.

Its like something has disabled the output to the right channel / speaker... hmm

now thats one i havnt heard before, i suppose ill add that to the list of things to try to figure out lol.

StarForge

StarForge

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hehe, its either no sound at all, or sound only coming out of the left speaker. Its really frustrating heh. Mine is on-board with my ASUS P5P800. I fiddle with the settings every now and then to see if it does anything, but so far ... nothing hehe

StarForge

StarForge

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Oh man, well now I feel like a fool :blink:

Let me tell you why hehe

After making my post, I thought I'd better go through the whole process again... and I did and without luck, BUT..

Yep, here it comes. As I have an Audigy in my system and my speakers have two inputs I had two leads running into the amp from my computer (you can see where this is going right?).

Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd just swap the cables and see if it made any difference...

Audio channels 3 and 6 were selected in the Midi Setup

BOOM its all working now!

Thanks for your help :D

zmckin2007

zmckin2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Sweet, worked for me, I'm running JaS's 10.4.7 :( Thank you very much!

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Sweet, worked for me, I'm running JaS's 10.4.7 :D Thank you very much!

awesome man glad it works :(. same for the others!

gXpratama

gXpratama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi all.. I'm kinda newbie here, I installed JaS's 10.4.7 on my Travelmate 4222*, the installation's working fine, but I still have no sound and WiFi undetected. I've searched the forum to no avail. My apology if I post in the wrong topic/forum but it seems to me that people here know what they're doing. Thanks in advance.

*Travelmate 4222NWLCi:
- Intel Core Duo 1,66 GHz (SSE2/SSE3)
- Chipset i945GM
- VGA: GMA 950 (QE & CI supported @1280x800x32)
- Audio: Realtek HDA (not sure 'bout the type, not working)
- WiFi: IPW 3945 a/b/g (not detected)
- Others like USB are working fine.

silverfox

silverfox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This worked perfectly for me. Thank you!

aznracer

aznracer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I am running JaS 10.4.7 on a Sony Vaio T370P, everything is working except sound and resolution. The sound only working thru line out but very very soft. Anyone know how to fix this? BTW I also need help setting the resolution to 1280x768...thanks.

shauny2807

shauny2807

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the whole mac thing, and i got the installation of 10.4.3 right first time on my laptop. However, after working out how to get the keyboard and mouse to work (you have to turn off legacy usb in the bios), I can't for the life of me get the audio running.

I have a picture of a volume bar type thing when I adjust the volume from my laptop scroll thingy. It pics up that I have AC97 sound attached to two speakers. The volume is just not there.

I have a Gateway m320 celeron laptop. In windows, my soundcard is detected as a SoundMAX intergrated digital audio card, runs on IRQ10, and has no problems. I ran through the instructions on page one, and still no fix. Anybody out there able to give me a hand????

And if you can fix the wireless too, I would be very much in your debt.

CHmodzs

CHmodzs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hi mac-nipulate n everyone

can u help me? ive got sound working but only when i plug to my headset. i have internal speaker on my pc
it's IBM Thinkcentre A51 with soundmax (pci id 266E).

thanks for your help.

rorra

rorra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a 10.4.7 running on a del optiplex 170L
the sound card is 82801EB ICH5 (808624D5)
I copied the kext to my home, I deleted it, copy the text back from the home, deleted the kache, I also played with the 6 output channels and nothing :S
I have the sound controls but I can't hear any sound at all...

rodrigo-dominguezs-computer:~ rorra$ kextstat | grep -i ac97
50 1 0x1b3e6000 0xd000 0xc000 com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio (1.0.0) <49 11>
51 0 0x1b2d2000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioIntelICH (1.0.0) <50 16 11>

wow, you are a genius, I just downloaded the kext file and I was able to set the left channel to 3 and right channel to 6, it works!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
System: DELL Optiplex 170 L
OS: osx86 10.4.7 (uptaded from 10.4.6), thank you, I'm really happy, now I can use my pc at work :D

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I have a 10.4.7 running on a del optiplex 170L
the sound card is 82801EB ICH5 (808624D5)
I copied the kext to my home, I deleted it, copy the text back from the home, deleted the kache, I also played with the 6 output channels and nothing :S
I have the sound controls but I can't hear any sound at all...
wow, you are a genius, I just downloaded the kext file and I was able to set the left channel to 3 and right channel to 6, it works!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
System: DELL Optiplex 170 L
OS: osx86 10.4.7 (uptaded from 10.4.6), thank you, I'm really happy, now I can use my pc at work :)

cool! glad to see this is still helping people :)

perfect0

perfect0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Have a Sigmatel C-Major (9750) sound card on my Inspiron 9200. I do have sound but nothing seems to come out of the subwoofer beneath my laptop. I checked the Audio settings, looked at the output, and sure enough there isnt an output for a subwoofer, just the usual 2 channels. Wonder if others with Dell laptops with a subwoofer have a similar issue. Any resolutions?

Polizei

Polizei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
only 2 not 6 channels here.

beg

beg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i would like to know if this guide will work with my sigmatel 9200 (acer travelmate 3000) i can only see the icon of volume in the taskbar but nothing sounds. Is there any way to get it working? thanks!

xqz

xqz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
my OS X 10.4.6 doesnt boot up anymore after doing the kext and rebooting. there wasnt any errors

trav1085

trav1085

ハーカー

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hacking, system security, programming, apache, webserver, macs, pc, osx86, vista, dos...
Works for me!

osxdell4u

osxdell4u

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
worked on a dell gx 270 great the only thin is if u install the macvidia driver after u install this kext u will have to reinstall it

Posted Image

gu3d3s

gu3d3s

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hi guys,

i have a d865perl, my sound works fine, but i dont have a mic working. any one here have one way for put ac97 ich5 mic to work...

thanks for all.

[]'s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy