[HOW TO] GFX-EFI Tutorial for NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB (G92)

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

seabass540

seabass540

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The guide is very good but I get a message that com.apple.boot.plist is a read only file.

I'm doing -s from boot and not an install disk in terminal. When I do sudo -s from boot, I get an error. Do I need to be in terminal or can I do this from -s while booting?

***edit***

I fixed this by entering in the two lines that appeared just after the message that the root was currently read only. Thanks for the guide!

DSeid

DSeid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I have a error in this:

Make sure to paste the string from "out.hex" as indicated. It should be one continuous line, free of any spaces or hard returns. Now press CONTROL + X and press Y at the prompt, then hit ENTER to save the file.

He can't save this. Apper this:

[ Error writing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist: Permission denied ]

Any Suggestion to save this?

bennybensen

bennybensen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi!
i'm new here and i have a question. i read this post an installed the NVInstaller. But where is the info.plist? I can't find it.

I fixed my problem

Here are my steps to get my card fully working

I downloaded NVInstallerV.34.pkg (google it) then I installed it by choosing both options 256MB and 512MB

after reboot I edited inside info.plist the name of the card to Nvidia 8800GT I corrected permissions by chmod and chown another reboot and everything is fine!

look at the screenshot Posted Image Screen.tiff ( 101.9K ) Number of downloads: 91

By the way NVInstallerV.41.pkg gave me nothing but trouble I recommend 3.4 which worked great in my case

Thanx for any answers!

Greetz from germany
bennybensen

ziruc

ziruc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
PERFECTLY WORKING FOLLOWING YOUR TUTORIAL

ASUS P5K-SE XFX NVIDIA 8800GT

ON SL 10.6.7

THANKS!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy