grandflash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Internal Mic Microphone working?

Hi all,

What is the state of the art now?
All friends here have snow leopard installed on their Thinkpad x61t / x60t?

I booted into my leopard (10.5) partition yesterday and found everything working smoothly - except for the internal microphone and the wacom tablet...
Hope to fix these some time in 2010.

- M

Using the AppleHDA.kext vom 10.5.2 Update + EFI String + Legacy Kext i have Mic working in 10.5 + 10.6

awick27

awick27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I am new to this and am trying to install OSX on my lenovo X61t. I have looked through the previous posts and through the genius bar section of the forums, but I am having trouble understanding how to install OSX.

My specs are
Lenovo Thinkpad X61 tablet
Intel core 2 duo @ 1.6GHz
2.00GB memory

I have downloaded Iatkos v7.

I have some questions
What steps do I take now?
What are kexts and how do I use them?
I have seen people commenting that they are having difficulty getting sound/wireless/tablet pen working. Have these been fixed?

All help will be very much appreciated

Thanks,

Asika

EDIT

First post! YAY!

grandflash

grandflash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
SNOW LEO VANILLA SPEEDSTEP

Regarding this thread:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=211705

I was able to generate a DSDT file for VANILLA SPEEDSTEP.
This guy also provided a Legacy File for "Serial, Atheros WiFi, SpeedStep C-States". I added Legacy Information for "x61tablet Sound Card, Bluetooth device".

Please PM me, if i should have that hour posting the DSDT patches.

Alex

X61 Tablet 1.6 Ghz C2D

Attached Files

insmacjo

insmacjo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Wow.

I guess most people don't get it ...

Great work you have done here.

Much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

How much time did i take you ?

Maybe I'd like to follow the steps just for fun ...

Cheers.

raper

raper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Regarding this thread:

This guy also provided a Legacy File for "Serial, Atheros WiFi, SpeedStep C-States". I added Legacy Information for "x61tablet Sound Card, Bluetooth device".

Alex

X61 Tablet 1.6 Ghz C2D

Thanks for sharing Alex,

Just 2 questions,

What bootloader do you use ? Does your DSDT patch permits loading 10.6.3 GMAX3100FB kext ?

I had a fully working 10.6.2 (without DSDT patch), however after the 10.6.3 update I am forced to use the old 10.6.2 GMAX3100FB kext , otherwise the IntelGMAX3100 is not found. The problem arrises when using the 10.6.2 FB kext in a 10.6.3 system breaks QE/CI. If DSDT is the way to go for this I'd speed up and focus on building a specific DSDT for my 2,4Ghz X61 (a machine exact to the Macbook4,1 except for the sound card, although I suppose knowing the similarities between X60T/X61T/X61 most of your DSDT will be applicable to me).

thanks,

Ruben

Tr1ipleJ

Tr1ipleJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, thanks for all the info so far, really good stuff. Unfortunately I am not making it nearly as far as you all. I can't even get OSX installer to boot. I initially tried to use the LifeHacker walk through, but used the Terminal stuff and Chamelon to get a USB drive all setup. I can boot from the USB drive, see the Apple Logo, then boom! Kernel Panic.

Any tips or even initial starting places to look? I am very new to Macs, but am very familiar with PCs.

crashnburn_in

crashnburn_in

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Thanks for sharing Alex,

Just 2 questions,

What bootloader do you use ? Does your DSDT patch permits loading 10.6.3 GMAX3100FB kext ?

I had a fully working 10.6.2 (without DSDT patch), however after the 10.6.3 update I am forced to use the old 10.6.2 GMAX3100FB kext , otherwise the IntelGMAX3100 is not found. The problem arrises when using the 10.6.2 FB kext in a 10.6.3 system breaks QE/CI. If DSDT is the way to go for this I'd speed up and focus on building a specific DSDT for my 2,4Ghz X61 (a machine exact to the Macbook4,1 except for the sound card, although I suppose knowing the similarities between X60T/X61T/X61 most of your DSDT will be applicable to me).

thanks,

Ruben

Buddy did you figure out how to get the best combination of working stuff for X61T with the 10.6.3 ?

menuhin

menuhin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi guys,

I have just upgraded my X61t tablet to 10.6.3 - and had to use the X3100 FB from 10.6.2.
I found no way to re-enable QE / CI on this 10.6.3 install.

Anyone has any success on getting QE / CI working on a 10.6.3 X61t?
If the conclusion is negative, then I may consider reinstalling to downgrade to 10.6.2...

Also, I notice sound may only work on 32-bit 10.6.3 - is it the case?

- M

raper

raper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi M,

I found no way, although I gave up some weeks ago, since this will affect beyond the x61 maybe someone has a solution for it already, I dont know. My recommendation right now is to stay in 10.6.2 at 64bit with a usb sound like igriffin, this setup works flawlessly.

cheers,

Ruben

menuhin

menuhin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Some updates:

Installed 10.6.0 and updated to 10.6.2
Booting into x86_64

Tablet does not work:
TabletEnabler (64bit or the 1.1 32bit) + TabletMagic 2.0b16 (latest and 32bit)

Other things mostly works:
Sound + internal mic
Wireless
Graphics QE / CI

Have to deal with brightness control and sleep/wake later.

yuchia

yuchia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Alex,

Are you able to have sound working(speaker, mics, and headphone) using the vanilla AppleHDA together with the Legency kext you provided under 10.6.3? I have a x61s, which should have the same sound configuration as your x61T, running at 10.6.3 x64 mode. I couldn't see any devices under sound in the preference panel. The system profiler shows only Device ID: 0x17AA20AC and Audio ID: 0. I am wondering if the right information in the Legency kext is actually being used by the kernel.

IOKitPersonalities->BuiltInHDA->HDAConfigDefault->7 (which has the correct codecID, and layoutID 10 is also used in the following layouts/pathmap information)

Do you know if there is a way to verify?

Thanks,
Joseph

Regarding this thread:

Alex

X61 Tablet 1.6 Ghz C2D

raper

raper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Alex,

Are you able to have sound working(speaker, mics, and headphone) using the vanilla AppleHDA together with the Legency kext you provided under 10.6.3? I have a x61s, which should have the same sound configuration as your x61T, running at 10.6.3 x64 mode. I couldn't see any devices under sound in the preference panel. The system profiler shows only Device ID: 0x17AA20AC and Audio ID: 0. I am wondering if the right information in the Legency kext is actually being used by the kernel.

IOKitPersonalities->BuiltInHDA->HDAConfigDefault->7 (which has the correct codecID, and layoutID 10 is also used in the following layouts/pathmap information)

Do you know if there is a way to verify?

Thanks,
Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Do you have QE/CI in 10.6.3 ?

cheers

Did anyone try 10.6.4 ?

yuchia

yuchia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm currently running 10.6.4 x64 mode. No QE/CI.

Does anybody have patched AppleHDA.kext to work without using VoodooHDA?

Joseph

Do you have QE/CI in 10.6.3 ?
Did anyone try 10.6.4 ?

raper

raper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
For resolving the GMA X3100 support under 10.6.3/10.6.4 this must be the path to follow:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=135410

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Has any one found solution to avoid waking up immediately after sleep. exclude switch off wireless. BTW, my machine does not go to sleep automatically.

grandflash

grandflash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Has any one found solution to avoid waking up immediately after sleep. exclude switch off wireless. BTW, my machine does not go to sleep automatically.

I changed my dsdt to do that. Mail me your DSDT.dsl to richtera (at) hotmail . de

Snooby

Snooby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running SL 10.6.4 in 32 bits mode, witch kext to use TabletEnabler_1.1 or TabletEnabler_64?

bruce_

bruce_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello
I just install macos 10.6.3 I copy some kext
And I have most things I expected to work exept the trackpoint.

I don't understand why I copy the VoodooPS2 kext and apply the good right but I only got the keyboard working not the trackpoint.

Does anyone know why?

outZider

outZider

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I'm running SL 10.6.4 in 32 bits mode, witch kext to use TabletEnabler_1.1 or TabletEnabler_64?

1.1 is your best bet.

Note that I no longer have my X61, so I can patch, but can't test. :censored2:

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I have a HP 6710b. I have uneven brightness (left part of screen dark) when i reduce brightness. (Added APPL02) to dsdt.

Your solution to fix brightness was to add EDID Information to com.apple.boot.plist. I have my EDID info in HEX form. How can i get the String to add to com.apple.boot.plist. I added the EDID Part to dsdt but without effect.

i saw you use a patched X3100 Framebuffer. What exactly did you change to the file. If I use it i get black screen on the HP Notebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy