Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

I have the same problem. I can bump the external microphone (by this I'm guessing that it's referring to the line-in), but not the internal. Both properties are labeled "Built-In Microphone," however one lists the source as "external microphone," and one lists the source as "internal microphone."

Successfully running 10.5.7. Had to re-edit the Info.plist in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirport.kext, and restore AppleHDA + AppleDecrypt (or dsmos) from 10.5.6. Not sure if it was related, but I pulled back AppleACPIPlatform.kext as well.

All is well.

• 3 weeks later...

given the tablet enabler uses acpi to enable it - is it also possible, based on this, to allow us to create an enabler for the function buttons, or more specifically to set the required acpi flag to enable bluetooth/wireless from within osx?

What's the latest with the brightness? Do we have full control yet? It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on an X61s.

Only partial control...

I have an Intel Wireless Card inside my machine. Has anyone gotten this to work or do I need to purchase a new card?

You need to buy another one...

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie regarding OSX86 on a pc or laptop. I tried to install ideneb 1.4 on my Lenovo X61 Model 7674-BB9. I got OSX 10.5.6 to work but I have an issue regarding shutdown. OSX shutdown but I have to switch of the laptop pushing the poweroff button. :( I searched this forum to get a solution and tried different fixes. Nothing solved the problem.

Do everyone have the same issue or have a solution for this ?

Many thx

mikrowilli

Only partial control...

Could you explain in more detail? I tried to assess based on the previous comments, but can't quite tell what's going on. Exactly what is "partial" about the control?

I found some new stuff in this thread. Thanks everyone. You got me back into OSX for a bit.

As thanks, I made a small fix to get WACF008 working in TabletMagic on my X61 Tablet (Scott already did most of the work. I just did a little QA for him). Check this post for the details. I'm guessing that this is the same fix mentioned by NeuroScr on the last page. I'll look into uploading an updated TabletMagicDaemon if Scott doesn't get around to it shortly. Doing it without wifi (I've got the Intel 4965) makes it cumbersome.

When I update my x61s from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7, I can't connect my bluetooth headset through bluetooth any more. I must replace IOBluetoothFamilly.kext by the version in 10.5.6.

I want to know why. Apple said this update (10.5.7) improved bluetooth???

Hey there,

i tried the new Chameleon 2.0 RC1 with my Lenovo X61 Tablet. After Installation, the TabletMagic is not working any more. I realised, that Chameleon fakes a MacBook Pro 4,1 and if not using the Vanilla AppleSMBIOS.kext the TabletMagic isnt working eather.

Somehow, Chameleon is using a SMBIOSResolver which is causing the trouble?

Well, i found a coloursync profile at dailyblogged.com for use with a Dell 1525. Please give it try, its boosting colours for my X61.

Is there any news for the sd-card reader driver? I found a new driver package, which deals with standby (S3) but cant come to life after hibernation (Chameleon 1.0.12). Any news?

Regards,

Alex

edit:

I found something usefull for the TabletButtons. I disabled Brightness up/down in system control / shortcuts which is in most cases F13/F14. I remapped F15 to "Show Deskt" /F14 "Exposé" by adding the attached file "com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist" to Home/Library/Preferences. I installed FunctionFlip, and can use F7/8/9 for iTunes control.

color_calibrations.zip

sd_card_reader_pack.zip

Archiv.zip

So I've installed iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on my x61 tablet but can't get wifi working for the life of me.

I've used OSX85Tools Utility to verify that my wifi card is Atheros AR5212 802.11abg [168c:1014]

I've edited the Info.plist section IONameMatch to have the following as the lead entry in the array:

<string>pci168c,1014</string>

Then I've tried rebooting, rebooting with -f, using kexthelper on IO80211Family.kext. But it never recognizes the card.

When I run "kextload -vt /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext" I get the following errors:

AppleGMACEthernet.kext is not valid

resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext has problems:

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

}

Can anyone assist me with troubleshooting this error?

Thanks in advance,

Laotzu

i couldn`t get iphone os 3.0 usb tethering to work. on my desktop hackintosh it shows a window, if i like to use the iphone as modem. if i plug it into my thinkpad, there happens nothing. i`m up2date, 10.5.7 with actual itunes 8.2. naybody with the same problem?

sys log:

Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook kernel[0]: AppleUSBEthernetHost::getHardwareEthernetAddress: MAC address =  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook com.apple.usbmuxd[57]: MuxTCPSendNextSegment StartWrite failed for 0x10b7d0: -1
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook kernel[0]: AppleUSBEthernetHost::powerStateChangeOccurred: intf is not enabled, ignoring ...  st: 1
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook com.apple.usbmuxd[57]: MuxTCPSendRST MuxInterfaceSend failed: 0xffffffff
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook kernel[0]: AppleUSBEthernetHost: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook com.apple.usbmuxd[57]: MuxTCPSendRST MuxInterfaceSend failed: 0xffffffff
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook de.novamedia.nmnetmgrd[56]: NMIfNet: Operation not supported on socket
Jun 21 20:59:57 paratoxs-macbook de.novamedia.nmnetmgrd[56]: NMIfNet: Invalid argument

edit(h): ideneb was the reason, tried a fresh iPC install and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

i did a dual boot with vista business on a lenovo x61 using directions somewhere else on this forum. i created parition for osx using disc management tool within vista. installation went fine. however when i restarted after the install, i see an apple in the center and thats pretty much it. vista doesnt load ..says winload.exe is missing.

please help i need my tablet back ASAP

Hi!

i did a dual boot with vista business on a lenovo x61 using directions somewhere else on this forum. i created parition for osx using disc management tool within vista. installation went fine. however when i restarted after the install, i see an apple in the center and thats pretty much it. vista doesnt load ..says winload.exe is missing.

please help i need my tablet back ASAP

Pop in a Vista disc or a recovery disc to repair your Vista install. Worst case, use diskpart to set the windows partition active again. To figure out why you only get an Apple logo and nothing else, you have to boot in verbose mode. At the prompt to start booting, hit "-v" without the quotes and hit enter.

majic happened...i reinstalled mac.... i can see both logos with F8. mac os loads fine but when i selected windows, i get the same error....."winload.exe" file related

i noticed osx didnt recognize keyboard /mouse of the tablet.

i will try repair with the vista recovery disc. i hope it doesnt delte my data ..i dont have a recent backup.

thanks for the quick reponse!

Pop in a Vista disc or a recovery disc to repair your Vista install. Worst case, use diskpart to set the windows partition active again. To figure out why you only get an Apple logo and nothing else, you have to boot in verbose mode. At the prompt to start booting, hit "-v" without the quotes and hit enter.

Tablet

Working as of 2008-03-19. There is a project called TabletMagic, InsanelyMac Forum Link, that will support Wacom tablets on TabletPCs or outside the machine. The X61t requires an enabler for the tablet to work, as Lenovo shuts off the serial port in the BIOS, and you have to use ACPI to reenable it. Download is available at the bottom of this post under 'TabletEnabler-1.1', and the source code is available if you'd like to poke at it. Once you have that in, you have to edit Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and replace the PNP0501 with WACF004. You can then configure TabletMagic. If this works well for you, donate to Scott! He has worked very hard on TabletMagic, and deserves a little extra money in his wallet. I only enabled a device, he made it all work.

WACF008 users can find a slightly updated TabletMagic in this post. Thanks, Scott, for keeping things supported!

Thanks for this great post! :)

I've tried the 24570 x 18430 settings with WACF008. Tablet stylus as a point / mouse is acceptable, but as a stylus to write / for inking is very slow and choppy (maybe because serial ports are slow ports?) - not acceptable inking experience compared to XP TE/Vista/Win7, is it also what all you are getting?

Thanks for this great post! :)

I've tried the 24570 x 18430 settings with WACF008. Tablet stylus as a point / mouse is acceptable, but as a stylus to write / for inking is very slow and choppy (maybe because serial ports are slow ports?) - not acceptable inking experience compared to XP TE/Vista/Win7, is it also what all you are getting?

I got that on first install, but subsequent reboots have all been pretty solid. The speed is fine, the ink recognition itself was far better in Vista/Win7. I'm on WACF004 though.

Looks like i am out of luck..couldnt repair Vista from vista disk...it says system is correct. what options do i have now,

thanks

go to repair, command prompt. if no option is given, shift-f10 should get you the prompt. type diskpart and then enter.

sel disk 0

list part

(find the partition of your vista install, note number)

sel part #

(where # is the part number)

active

exit

reboot your machine. It should boot into vista.

ok ..good news ..dual boot is working now....i used the command prompt from vista disk ...followed what u mentioned.....then repaired vista...then made mac partition active again....

worked like a charm!

Now my problem is how to install drivers...i have newer used mac before...how do install the drivers that are listed in this forum..

your help is greatly appreciated!

go to repair, command prompt. if no option is given, shift-f10 should get you the prompt. type diskpart and then enter.

sel disk 0

list part

(find the partition of your vista install, note number)

sel part #

(where # is the part number)

active

exit

reboot your machine. It should boot into vista.