Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

is sleep/wake working did you need to install batttery fix ? power management ? pcmcia ? sd card ?

downloading right now iPC

as soon as it's done will give it a try or may wait until you update the top post to avoid trial and error

Getting closer and closer to a real Thinkbook

Sleep/Wake works fine with both kernels, provided you do not install PC Card, and shut off the wireless switch before sleep. Note that the wireless switch does not need to be engaged to use Wifi/Airport, just Bluetooth. Installed Chun-Nan's Power Management stuff in the iPC installer, and installed the SDHCI stuff after installation, and it works and still sleeps.

Hi,

i also want to convert my x61 into Hackintosh!

How can i install the distribution because i dont have an optical drive?

Is it possible with USB-Stick or USB-Drive? How?

Which is best distribution? iAtkos? How is iDeneb?

Thank you

@retractor

Any USB DVD drive should work, just press F12 at the lenovo bios screen and select it as the bootable device.

I mostly use DDMAC, which can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/175839856/ddmac.zip

Under XP, you just need to create a 5Gb FAT32 partition, open the ddmac program, point to the install iso file as source, the FAT32 partition as destination, after copying the iso over it then adds the file tsboot to your C drive and the relevant entry to your boot.ini file.

Using DDMAC is a much faster process than burning /booting a DVD but probably more complicated for a newbie. Once you have OS X running, you can use Diskutil instead to clone a install DVD to a HFS partition.

Not sure about USB stick, but someone had Leopard running off one in the Dell XT thread, so it must be do-able.

Try iatkos v5, ideneb v1.4 and IPC final - I have them all running on my X61T.

• 2 weeks later...
Sound trough Headjack (mic not confirmed yet) is working

That's awesome -- works over here as well, so I don't need my USB adapter most of the time. However, the microphone input works, but is completely unamplified. Was there any information on how to toggle amplification?

Hey,

the line out working is fantastic news! Works great. Finally i can get rid of this awful usb sound stick.

I recently solved another issue i had with OSX on X61T: The no-sleep-with-BT-error and general USB errors i had since updating to 10.5.6.

I had very flaky USB support after updating to 10.5.6, ranging from everything working to some usb ports disappearing to no usb at all, no bluetooth, no nothing.

Trying to solve this issue, i first installed the patched drivers from the "USB2.0 for Leopard"-Thread ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117029 ), which unfortunately didn't change anything.

Then, i got rid of AppleHPET.kext as recommended by some users -- and USB was back to full functionality, including all ports and bluetooth, and has been that way since then.

And the bonus: After i got it back to work, i discovered i can now sleep my machine without having to disable bluetooth first, probably thanks to the patched drivers! This is a real step forward not having to toggle the hardware switch everytime i want the machine to sleep. Now it can go asleep on it's own, ....

The only issues remaining for me are ethernet not coming back up after sleep (sometimes solveable by "sudo ifconfig en0 down; sudo ifconfig en0 up", but not always :) ), and the lacking screen brightness control. I we ever achieve that, we have the perfect hackbook in our hands, i think...much better than the Macbook i use at work right now, with its awful low-res display and sharp plastic edges.

Hope to help some

Regards

Matthias

ALL,

I have made some improvements to the SDHC driver. I was noticing some very serious problems with pulling the card out without eject. In addition I found some flaws with the workloop and what not. I've revamp some other things and will most likely release source later. I'm also adding MSPRO support from specifications as well as having it plugin for JMicron, Ricoh, and now probably TI xxxx cards. If people are interested in the VoodooSDHC please let me know if you would like it.

In other news, any movement on the Multi-Touch? Since I'm almost done cleaning up the SDHC stuff, I would be interested in working on multi-touch as i really have a tablet and want to start using it in the next few months. Anyone with development information _please_ get in touch with me if you like. thanks

- ni| -

Hey all,

great news about usb + bluetooth and the sdhc driver. i always have to use disk manager to completely unactivate the cards. so keep goin, please. the usb troubles disappeared by using a proper smbios file (smbios 27 macbook).

@bout screen brightness

i patched my dsdt file to integrate the app0002 node (have a look in the dsdt_fixed.txt file, search for app0002 ). together with a fixed IOGRAPHICS.KEXT this integrates the backlight slider to systemcontrol/displays. But it is not working that well, try it yourself. Only the left part of the backlight is dimmed. mmmh. is there another node to control the right part of the backlight?

please try this at home:

copy the provided dsdt.aml to your root dir (backup the existent file) (it needs chameleon with dsdt override)

install IOGRAPHICS.KEXT with kext helper

If you want use functionflip to use brightness control with function keys.

by the way: using a x61 tablet 7763am7 installed retail dvd 10.5.6 used movevideodriver script to move all video kext out of the extension dir use only the retail 10.5.6 x3100 drivers

backlight_stuff.zip

Very cool to see backlight is making progress as well!

The package works as described for me, it's even useable -- the first two or three steps of the slider dim the screen evenly, so i can use them to save energy on the road. If you go further "into the dark side", the left side will be dark much quicker than the right, as described.

Unfortunately, the steps using the keyboard are too wide -- the first step back is already unevenly lit.

I don't have much knowledge about the whole dsdt thing, so i'm afraid i can't be of much help -- but i'm glad to test stuff...

Thinkpad X61 Tablet SXGA+ 7762-94G. Now with line-out and (some) backlight brightness control :D

Regards

Matthias

heh, i'm more concerned to get a multi-touch tablet working before I deal with backlight stuff.

@grandflash

please tell me the errors you were having with SDHC -- i would love a real tester that can provide me the dump specifications with a program i will provide.

=jt

@outZider

i dont have the gma950 drivers in my extensions dir. only the gmax3100 files are resident here. i use the 10.5.6 gmax3100 drivers, use no natit etc... i dont have the appleframebuffer installed.

did you patched your own dsdt?

try to short the app0002 entry. delete the uid 0x0a and sta 0x0b entry

Sorry , me again.

There are some little things I'd love to have solved:

Mic (see above)

Trackpoint for scrolling

Turn/Flip screen for tablet mode.

And maybe mapping of the NavDial and Tablet Buttons.

Are there any tips for these ? I did not find anything in this forum ...

Thanks A LOT guys this is awsome so far !

ThinkMac rules :D

Mic (see above)

And maybe mapping of the NavDial and Tablet Buttons.

Mic works, just isn't completely amplified. It gets pretty good sound, though, and bumping the input level makes it almost usable with the above Archiv.zip.

NavDial and Tablet buttons, there's a ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in the top post that maps the cursor keys on the panel, the Esc key, and maps the other two keys to Fkeys for mapping in the keyboard panel.

My brightness setting was restored after removing ClamshellDisplay.kext, which accidentally made its way back in.

@OUTZIDER

how did you bumped the input level? in audio midi setup?

Yep! Head into Audio MIDI Setup, select the input device you want to amplify (Built-In Microphone, for instance) and drag the sliders marked '1' and '2' all the way up. You can test your input levels using Sound Studio or Skype.

Sorry , me again.

There are some little things I'd love to have solved:

Trackpoint for scrolling

Look out for "SmartScroll". For the right settings, refer to the osx86 wiki.

Regards

Matthias

@ outzider

sorry, but i can´t control the sliders of integrated mic, they are greyed out.

i checked everything in bios, i dont have anything disabled in security setup, mmmh...

don´t you have anything else installed to make it work? mmmh, maybe my dsdt file is wrong.

@ outzider

sorry, but i can´t control the sliders of integrated mic, they are greyed out.

i checked everything in bios, i dont have anything disabled in security setup, mmmh...

don´t you have anything else installed to make it work? mmmh, maybe my dsdt file is wrong.

In your Sound input panel, you have both the Line In and the Internal Microphone, correct? I didn't do anything to the DSDT for sound, just adding the brightness control.