Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

i could not get voodoopower working with highest cpu frequency. my X61s L7500 cpu is without voodoopower on 1600MHz like it should be. with voodoopower 1.2.3 installed it won`t be more than 1418MHz. xbench resultes are much lower as with 1600MHz. geekbench results are the same?!

i use iPC 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7, chameleon 2 rc1 with original acpi and smbios kexts from 10.5.6 (10.5.7 smbios won`t let mi inject with /Extra/smbios.plist), no smbios injectors. in smbios.plist i seted to macbookpro4.1, externalclock and maxcpufrequency. anybody with same troubles? do you need more infos/logs/ ...? i`m no osX86 noob, so you don`t need to help me step by step ... :D

edit on 7.7.2009:

i fixed it. reinstalled 10.5.7 combo update, replaced the smbios.kext with the original from 10.5.6, edited the Info.plist of voodoopowermini.kext and seted "useefifsb" to false, chmod 644 Info.plist, used JaS SPPlatformReporter.spreporter from the "10.5.7 released" thread at insanelymac forum. now it is reporting full speed (1600MHz) an stepping is correct.

Hey guys,

i habe installed my X61 with the Retail DVD. Nearly everything works. On a DMG for the Dell Mini i found a way for autothrottling the cpu. It is SUPERHAI´s GenericCPUmanager.

But this damn brightness. The EDID entry of the internal LCD is not readable/usable. Switching to 800x600 or 640x480 causes blue screens. I tried SwitchResX, but it didnt helped.

I would like to ask someone of you fellows, can you read out the EDID Entry of the LCD (X61 1024x768 max) in Windows XP?

See you then...

Has anyone successful fix the reselutions problem?

Thanks for this excellent information!

I have a question regarding the audio part, I don't really understand what it means to add the "efi string" to the com.apple.Boot.plist? I have tried copying the contents of efi_string.plist into com.apple.Boot.plist but that didn't really work...

Can someone give me a hint please?

Thanks!

Still cant get touch pad working..even after installed the PS2 driver from the package

SD card reader is not working.... i tried topram...

tablet not working.. .installed the tablet majic package...and the enabler kext..serial port not showing up in table majic config . when i rebooted , i got appleserial----.kext improperly installed ..exxtension will not work..try reinstalling... is there anyway to troubleshoot this.?

thanks

i reinstalled whole thing again including ps2 drivers except "apple ps2" driver. the keyboard works now but couldnt get the track point to work. any ideas?

thanks

NO SOUND:

I was having audio output (not sure about input) after I install from iPC 10.5.6 and have chosen AD1984 in the installation

I tried the audio patch Arhive.zip, and amended my com.apple.Boot.plist as :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>PinConfigurations</key>

<string></string>

<key>built-in</key>

<string>0x00</string>

<key>layout-id</key>

<string>0x0000000a</string>

<key>revision-id</key>

<string>0x00000001</string>

<key>subsystem-id</key>

<string>0x00001984</string>

<key>subsystem-vendor-id</key>

<string>0x000011d4</string>

<key>vendor-id</key>

<string>0x00008086</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Then there's no sound...

Though I can use the volume-up volume-down button to trigger the on-screen display of sound control, and the sound control Icon on top right hand corner is also there.

How can I get back the sound, and possibly with line-in too?

Also... bluetooth was not there either for now.

Thanks a lot!

- J

Will it be due to TabletMagic? I have sound before configuring that. And after that I have no sound.

I haven't touch my kext drivers otherwise.

EDIT: Was some Boot.plist edit issue.

IT NOW WORKS GREAT!!! :D:P:)

Thanks to all the contributors to this post again!!!

Hey guys,

i habe installed my X61 with the Retail DVD. Nearly everything works. On a DMG for the Dell Mini i found a way for autothrottling the cpu. It is SUPERHAI´s GenericCPUmanager.

But this damn brightness. The EDID entry of the internal LCD is not readable/usable. Switching to 800x600 or 640x480 causes blue screens. I tried SwitchResX, but it didnt helped.

I would like to ask someone of you fellows, can you read out the EDID Entry of the LCD (X61 1024x768 max) in Windows XP?

See you then...

How did you get the retail dvd to load? I've tried two builds of the chameleon/boot-132 discs and I always lock up. I'm wondering if it's my cmos/bios settings or if there's a difference in patched discs. I've managed to install full retail on a few systems, but I'm having absolutely no luck on the x61 tablet.

Addendum: the lockup is before I can install...not a post install reboot lockup (which i know is an ahci issue)

Hello everyone,

I found a nearly good conbination of brightness control.

If replace AppleIntelGMAX3100FB with the version 1.5.18.7, and use the EFI string to load it, the range of brightness control will works fine.

The problem is: After come into the system, the brightness will auto decrease to minimal and shows all black. Don't worry, just press F15(maps to thinkpad's Pause key), and the screen will show up.

By the way, if you use X3100's EFI string, you can't get the sound if you use AD1984's EFI string in this thread. We can't let two EFI strings work together, so maybe patch them into DSDT is the best.

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_EFIstring.zip

Bravo~ SABER and grandflash, now we have a fully working X61T

FWIW, I have full brightness control now with the attached kext, combined plist and APP0002-patched DSDT, not sure if the DSDT mod is needed for this to work, didn't bother to check

The only gripe is the lack of screen rotation, which is deliberately disabled by Apple for X3100...

and slightly OT: My X61T dualboots both Win7 and OSX, and I find I boot into Win7 much more often. Well for tablet features MS is way ahead of Apple and I believe when Apple does offer its own tablet product, X61T would have a hard time to find appropriate drivers.

Sound + Ethernet + Display EFI String is working in the boot.plist

What is Ethernet's EFI string working for?

My 82566MM.kext works fine, so is it needed for X61?

And, how long about your shutdown time? My X61 sometimes shutdowns slowly, just about 10 seconds.

Besides, my machime fails to sleep if the bluetooth is open.Any seggestion?

What is Ethernet's EFI string working for?

My 82566MM.kext works fine, so is it needed for X61?

And, how long about your shutdown time? My X61 sometimes shutdowns slowly, just about 10 seconds.

Besides, my machime fails to sleep if the bluetooth is open.Any seggestion?

I think the ethernet string is for Time Machine compatibility and UUID generation.

Those successfully using this brightness patch: XGA or SXGA+? My SXGA+ laptop is just black screening it. SSHing into the box shows that the window server isn't starting, so the brighntess hacks aren't working. May be due to the EDID I'm using via that plist patch.

Hello All,

After a few days searching google, I found only one thread that specifically address X61 hackintosh but that's outdated. Fortunately I found this thread today.

I have a standard X61 Non-Tablet with Core2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 3945ABG, SATA HDD and Intel 82566 GB ethernet. I am starting with the latest available distro: iDeneb 10.5.6, iATKOS v7 10.5.7 and xXx 10.5.6.

Here is my progress so far:

1) iDeneb 10.5.6 without additional selection: Install just fine but upon first reboot from HDD it stuck at black screen that alternate between grey and black screen every few seconds.

2) iATKOS v7 with obvious drivers i.e. notebook battery, SATA + Intel SATA +jMicron, and other default recommended setting e.g. disabler, etc. Boots-up fine but after a welcome screen, it doesn't recognize both trackpoint and keyboard. I installed one of the PS/2 driver but still only keyboard works but no trackpoint.

EDIT: my X61 only has 1 pointing device - Trackpoint (Red dot between G, H, B keys). I tried installing Vodoo PS/2 with Trackpad and saw that it is installed in Pref. Panel. Upon launching that, it said' Trackpad not found (Synaptics). As it is a portable computer, lugging a mouse wouldn't be preferred. The trackpoint itself works fine during initial DVD boot-up. So there should be something can be done to make it work. [sOLVED - Use the Voodo PS/2 without trackpad will do the trick.

EDIT2:

a. Once I enabled Intel SpeedStep, the sound stutters in welcome video. Anyway to fix this? I didn't do any patch as it works by default from installation

b. How do I install additional KEXT from the iatkos DVD? Do I need to restart from DVD and unselect everything and only those that I want to add? This proved to uninstall my ethernet driver.

c. When I connect my external DVD USB upon boot-up, it'll end in white kernel panic.. Any resolution?

3) xXx haven't tried yet as it seems the least popular of all (no offense intended).

May I ask someone here who is very experienced in getting their X61 up and running to re-update the Thread Starter tutorial? What should I do to address 1) and 2) above?

I have been using MAC for a year now but still no knowledge in KEXT, DSDT or EFI terms.

I have gotten quite far with 3rd party application installation. The problem below still persist, would appreciate if someone can help to answer those.

In addition:

1) does the builtin WWAN card from Sierra MC8775 can be made to work?

2) The ethernet seems to stop working after waking up from a sleep or at a random time. It simply won't connect and need a restart.

Hello All,

After a few days searching google, I found only one thread that specifically address X61 hackintosh but that's outdated. Fortunately I found this thread today.

I have a standard X61 Non-Tablet with Core2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 3945ABG, SATA HDD and Intel 82566 GB ethernet. I am starting with the latest available distro: iDeneb 10.5.6, iATKOS v7 10.5.7 and xXx 10.5.6.

Here is my progress so far:

1) iDeneb 10.5.6 without additional selection: Install just fine but upon first reboot from HDD it stuck at black screen that alternate between grey and black screen every few seconds.

2) iATKOS v7 with obvious drivers i.e. notebook battery, SATA + Intel SATA +jMicron, and other default recommended setting e.g. disabler, etc. Boots-up fine but after a welcome screen, it doesn't recognize both trackpoint and keyboard. I installed one of the PS/2 driver but still only keyboard works but no trackpoint.

EDIT: my X61 only has 1 pointing device - Trackpoint (Red dot between G, H, B keys). I tried installing Vodoo PS/2 with Trackpad and saw that it is installed in Pref. Panel. Upon launching that, it said' Trackpad not found (Synaptics). As it is a portable computer, lugging a mouse wouldn't be preferred. The trackpoint itself works fine during initial DVD boot-up. So there should be something can be done to make it work. [sOLVED - Use the Voodo PS/2 without trackpad will do the trick.

EDIT2:

a. Once I enabled Intel SpeedStep, the sound stutters in welcome video. Anyway to fix this? I didn't do any patch as it works by default from installation

b. How do I install additional KEXT from the iatkos DVD? Do I need to restart from DVD and unselect everything and only those that I want to add? This proved to uninstall my ethernet driver.

c. When I connect my external DVD USB upon boot-up, it'll end in white kernel panic.. Any resolution?

3) xXx haven't tried yet as it seems the least popular of all (no offense intended).

May I ask someone here who is very experienced in getting their X61 up and running to re-update the Thread Starter tutorial? What should I do to address 1) and 2) above?

I have been using MAC for a year now but still no knowledge in KEXT, DSDT or EFI terms.

@outzider

i use a svga panel (1024x786). the integrated EDID Data seems to be for this panel only. i dont know how to write / convert a suitable EDID Data from the RAW data code i got from my panel. Maybe the app "display config x" could do it?

does any one know a suitable ROM-VERSION String for the X3100 (maybe from a macbook)?

if yes, will it fix the blackscreen issue?

I have gotten quite far with 3rd party application installation. The problem below still persist, would appreciate if someone can help to answer those.

In addition:

1) does the builtin WWAN card from Sierra MC8775 can be made to work?

Load Sierra Wireless Watcher Lite, install it and change the vendorid and productid to your card (you will get this maybe with installed windows?) in the sierrasupportkicker.kext (info.plist).

2) The ethernet seems to stop working after waking up from a sleep or at a random time. It simply won't connect and need a restart.

the ethernet has a problem with sleep. if i disable the ethernet before entering sleep (Terminal) it comes to work after sleep. maybe we could integrate that into the sleep/wakeup.script in etc

Hello guys,

I'm trying to get the screen brightness working.

1) Do I really need to downgrade the X3100 kext? Currently I'm using the one from iatkos 7

2) How do I actually inject the EFI with EFI Studio? I see for display there isn't any for X3100 in EFI Studio

3) Do I need all three or just the last section on display but not ethernet and audio?

Lastly,

The battery works really bad... with 8 cell, it lasted only 3 hours instead of 6 or more in Windows. It also always shows 'calculating' but nothing happens.

Any idea?

1) Do I really need to downgrade the X3100 kext? Currently I'm using the one from iatkos 7

Only X3100FB.kext

2) How do I actually inject the EFI with EFI Studio? I see for display there isn't any for X3100 in EFI Studio

Open EFI studio, press command+k, copy & paste grandflash's boot.plist. The content will turn to Hex string.

3) Do I need all three or just the last section on display but not ethernet and audio?

grandflash's boot.plist includes 3 device's efi strings, and you have to install 3 kexts for them.

Lastly,

The battery works really bad... with 8 cell, it lasted only 3 hours instead of 6 or more in Windows. It also always shows 'calculating' but nothing happens.

Battery Meter: VoodooBattery.kext or AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

Power Saving: VoodooPower.kext, IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext, or CoolbookController.app to adjust CPU's voltage.

My X61 with 4-cell now lasts 2 hrs in Leopard...