Mac Users Have Different Brains

Numberzz

150 posts in this topic

"...more assured of their own superiority"

Mac users aren't superior. They may use a nice platform, but using a computer won't get you a nobel prize. Sorry. If having more disposible income makes you superior, then even His Infernal Majesty Mr Jobs has to bow at the feet of Mr Gates.

Are people really THAT materialistic?

(My definition of "typical" does not include those who try Linux because it is fashionable, keep complaining all the time how difficult it is, and in the end go back to Windows).

That's a lie. Nobody thinks Linux is fashinable :P

Mac users aren't superior. They may use a nice platform, but using a computer won't get you a nobel prize. Sorry.

Maybe not a nobel prize, but using Keynote got Al Gore an Oscar :blink:

come on guys, this is a stupid study that everyone can laugh at, leave the OS wars at the door

Homophobic comment #1 by Killaclide: So, this article is trying to say that the majority of Mac users are {censored}?Homophobic comment#2 by Tetrasoft:QUOTE(Killa CLiDE @ Feb 3 2008, 05:06 PM) So, this article is trying to say that the majority of Mac users are {censored}?As a mac user, I take offence to that. Homophobic comment #3 by Torqu3: These study results actually do seem logical. AND. I am not {censored}. +1 to what Tetrasoft said. Hompophobic comment #4 by Killaclide:QUOTE(Tetrasoft @ Feb 3 2008, 12:13 PM) As a mac user, I take offence to that.I'd also take offense to some idiot website calling all of us {censored} Homophobic comment #5 by nate256:i too take offence to that! I am a HUGE Mac Lover!Homophobic comment self-denial by macgirl:So if a study says majority of Mac users are {censored} you are offended, wowHomophobic snarky comment #6 by snacky:QUOTE(Tetrasoft @ Feb 3 2008, 11:13 AM) As a mac user, I take offence to that.Mac users are not {censored}, Mac BUYERS are {censored} Homophobic comment self-denial #2 by Acidfever:Dude....wtf are you talking about. Ever heard of sarcasm?…Homophobic comment holier-than-thou self-denial by loud_mud_dip:i've read the article several times and still i have to find a word about {censored} people.what about this one? "be less childish"

Homophobic comment #1 by Killaclide: So, this article is trying to say that the majority of Mac users are {censored}?Homophobic comment#2 by Tetrasoft:QUOTE(Killa CLiDE @ Feb 3 2008, 05:06 PM) So, this article is trying to say that the majority of Mac users are {censored}?As a mac user, I take offence to that. Homophobic comment #3 by Torqu3: These study results actually do seem logical. AND. I am not {censored}. +1 to what Tetrasoft said. Hompophobic comment #4 by Killaclide:QUOTE(Tetrasoft @ Feb 3 2008, 12:13 PM) As a mac user, I take offence to that.I'd also take offense to some idiot website calling all of us {censored} Homophobic comment #5 by nate256:i too take offence to that! I am a HUGE Mac Lover!Homophobic comment self-denial by macgirl:So if a study says majority of Mac users are {censored} you are offended, wowHomophobic snarky comment #6 by snacky:QUOTE(Tetrasoft @ Feb 3 2008, 11:13 AM) As a mac user, I take offence to that.Mac users are not {censored}, Mac BUYERS are {censored} Homophobic comment self-denial #2 by Acidfever:Dude....wtf are you talking about. Ever heard of sarcasm?…Homophobic comment holier-than-thou self-denial by loud_mud_dip:i've read the article several times and still i have to find a word about {censored} people.what about this one? "be less childish"

Tip of the day:

799px-Return.png

Try it sometime. It really works.

@insanelyinlove

If you read the Real Life section of the forum you'll find out that I am very much pro-{censored} and pro {censored} rights.

But here you sound a bit paranoid, my friend.

This is not a thread about {censored} people, it is a thread about Mac users. And even if there are more {censored} people (than average) among Mac users, they are still a small(ish) minority, 13.81% according to this poll:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23240

How are those at all homophobic?

And yea, learn to use the enter button. It's a great button.

How are those at all homophobic?And yea, learn to use the enter button. It's a great button.
idiot.let's see...what button do I choose now? Oh yes, ENTER.
@insanelyinloveIf you read the Real Life section of the forum you'll find out that I am very much pro-{censored} and pro {censored} rights.But here you sound a bit paranoid, my friend.This is not a thread about {censored} people, it is a thread about Mac users. And even if there are more {censored} people (than average) among Mac users, they are still a small(ish) minority, 13.81% according to this poll:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23240
No, it's a thread about homophobes posting anti-{censored} (albeit childish) sentiment. Please, I don't care if aliens from outer space are mac users.Slighting people for their sexuality with a jokes isn't much better than murdering them with a tire iron or leaving them for dead strung up on a fence with barbed wire. No, it's not funny to me. Pretend all you want that you don't see it in killacide and cohorts' comments.

@insanelyinvolve - I am also {censored} and while some of the posters' comments here aren't especially pro-{censored}, they also aren't what I would consider derogatory. While it may offend you that certain straight members of the board are especially adamant about their heterosexuality, I'd say just let it be. They haven't directly insulted you, nor {censored} people for that matter; they have just stated that they themselves are not {censored}.

Plus, most of it is in a completely joking matter, if they have a problem with homosexuals, that's their problem, don't let it bother you.

@insanelyinvolve - I am also {censored} and while some of the posters' comments here aren't especially pro-{censored}, they also aren't what I would consider derogatory. While it may offend you that certain straight members of the board are especially adamant about their heterosexuality, I'd say just let it be. They haven't directly insulted you, nor {censored} people for that matter; they have just stated that they themselves are not {censored}.

Plus, most of it is in a completely joking matter, if they have a problem with homosexuals, that's their problem, don't let it bother you.

Adamant about their heterosexuality? By making inane "they are calling us {censored}" jokes?

If that's true then why the heck are you moved to lecture me because I'm being adamant about my sexuality by calling them on it?

I stated that I am {censored}. Now there's someone on the thread who doesn't find the bullying comments so funny. I don't find anti-{censored} jokes funny. I don't find anti-black or anti-jewish jokes funny.

But you are right about one thing, it is their problem.

@insanelyinlove - I think the point you're missing is that there is a difference between "anti-{censored}" jokes, and simpy {censored} jokes. It is obvious that the jokes in this thread are the latter type. No one has said anything overtly negative towards {censored} people, and in fact, if you look at the original post, affiliating some of those qualities to {censored} people could be seen as a compliment.

And I'm not lecturing you because you have been adamant about your sexuality, I'm saying these things because I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously. Plus, if you really do want people to stop using jokes like the ones in this thread, you'll probably have more success through reasoning than calling people idiots, even if it is justified.

@insanelyinlove - I think the point you're missing is that there is a difference between "anti-{censored}" jokes, and simpy {censored} jokes. It is obvious that the jokes in this thread are the latter type. No one has said anything overtly negative towards {censored} people, and in fact, if you look at the original post, affiliating some of those qualities to {censored} people could be seen as a compliment.

And I'm not lecturing you because you have been adamant about your sexuality, I'm saying these things because I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously. Plus, if you really do want people to stop using jokes like the ones in this thread, you'll probably have more success through reasoning than calling people idiots, even if it is justified.

Anti-{censored}/simply {censored}...tomatoe/tomato.

So what I'm getting from you is that these people who tell "{censored}" jokes already know they're idiots?

I like this forum because I feel the freedom about writing what I like and what I think.

I like jokes against {censored} :D

In the same way , my friends {censored} likes jokes against me and my etherosxuality :P

Have fun , be less seriuos.

well...here's my :P :

before going to design school, i had only used PCs my entire life. for the first three years of school, i used my PC for everything, while all of my fellow classmates clung to their Macs like a baby on its mother's teat. that's right folks - i actually used a PC to do design work! wow, what a concept!

anyway, when my fourth year came around, i finally decided to get a Mac based on the principle that i needed a new computer and that if it was a Mac, i'd no longer have to deal with the various compatibility issues that existed at the time when swapping files between my PC at home and the Macs at my school (ahh, the early days of OS X :)). so you could say that my decision to buy a Mac was based on a need. it has nothing to do with me being a certain kind of person. and guess what: if the ability to build a hackintosh existed when i was making this decision, i would have bought another PC instead and turned it into a Mac. so there. </end :2cents:>

And here's a little fun with this survey, re-written for us hackintoshers :P

"A study of over 1500 people showed that Hackintosh users actually think very differently than their PC or Mac counterparts. The study itself showed that, in fact, Hackintosh users were smarter, more talented, and "highly superior to the others of the population." Yes, that last bit is true. It seems that Hackintosh users are more independent and can tell when they're getting the shaft from Apple's costly hardware and parasitic marketing campaigns. Also, the research firm said that people who are this aware are more than 60% less likely to buy a Mac, but they are 100% more likely to buy a PC and turn it into a Mac."

Enjoy :2cents:

Since everyone here loves a good joke, here's one that I like:

Four friends, who hadn't seen each other in 30 years, reunited at

a Party. After several drinks, one of the men had to use the rest

room. Those who Remained talked about their kids.

The first guy said, "My son is my pride and joy. He started

working at a Successful company at the bottom of the barrel. He

studied Economics and Business Administration and soon began to

climb the corporate ladder and now he's the president of the

company. He became so rich that he gave his best friend a top of

the line Mercedes for his birthday."

The second guy said, "Darn, that's terrific! My son is also my

pride and joy. He started working for a big airline, and then went

to flight School to become a pilot. Eventually he became a

partner in the company, where he owns the majority of its assets.

He's so rich that he gave his b est friend a brand new jet for his

birthday."

The third man said: "Well, that ' s terrific! My son studied in

the best Universities and became an engineer. Then he started his

own Construction company and is nowa multimillionaire. He also

gave away something very nice and expensive to his best friend for

his birthday: A 30,000 square foot mansion."

The three friends congratulated each other just as the fourth

returned From the restroom and asked:

"What are all the congratulations for?" One Of the three said:

"We were talking about the pride we feel for the successes of our

sons. ....What about your son?"

The fourth man replied: "My son is {censored} and makes a living dancing

as a Stripper at a nightclub." The three friends said: "What a

shame...what a disappointment." The fourth man replied: "No, I'm

not ashamed. He's my son and I love Him. And he hasn't done too

badly either. His birthday was two weeks ago, and he received a

beautiful 30,000 square foot mansion, a brand new jet And a top of

the line Mercedes from his three boyfriends.

Slighting people for their sexuality with a jokes isn't much better than murdering them with a tire iron or leaving them for dead strung up on a fence with barbed wire. No, it's not funny to me. Pretend all you want that you don't see it in killacide and cohorts' comments.

Uh yea it is better. You can't hide murder from the cops as well as a {censored} joke. And I'm pretty sure you won't get in as much trouble for talking {censored} to a bunch of queens as you would for beating somebody with a tire iron.

And I still don't see how Clide's or Cohort's comments are homophobic at all. Do you even know what the word means? Like seriously. Your throwing it around like whoa and your not making much sense. I think you should quit being a paranoid little {censored}.

Accusing someone of being paranoid is one thing. Accusing them of being "a paranoid little {censored}" is another.

Edited by Mebster
Accusing someone of being paranoid is one thing. Accusing them of being "a paranoid little {censored}" is another.

Uh yea it is better. You can't hide murder from the cops as well as a {censored} joke. And I'm pretty sure you won't get in as much trouble for talking {censored} to a bunch of queens as you would for beating somebody with a tire iron.

And I still don't see how Clide's or Cohort's comments are homophobic at all. Do you even know what the word means? Like seriously. Your throwing it around like whoa and your not making much sense. I think you should quit being a paranoid little {censored}.

You do not exist.

when my fourth year came around, i finally decided to get a Mac based on the principle that i needed a new computer and that if it was a Mac, i'd no longer have to deal with the various compatibility issues that existed at the time when swapping files between my PC at home and the Macs at my school.

Actually, you just confirmed the studies findings, because you'd have to be open-minded to even consider the Mac for your needs :D Sure you "needed" a new computer, but you could have just as easily have been rigid and not cared about any compatibility issues. An open-minded person is willing to consider ideas and opinions that are different than, in this case, a PC. A non-open-minded person would have just found some "justification" to stick with a PC ;)

Actually, you just confirmed the studies findings, because you'd have to be open-minded to even consider the Mac for your needs ;) Sure you "needed" a new computer, but you could have just as easily have been rigid and not cared about any compatibility issues. An open-minded person is willing to consider ideas and opinions that are different than, in this case, a PC. A non-open-minded person would have just found some "justification" to stick with a PC ;)

I think maybe the use of the term "open-minded" is a little too broad here. I consider myself open-minded, but who wouldn't consider themselves open-minded? How often do you hear someone say, "Nah, I'm closed-minded." They may be closed-minded, but they'll never admit to it. In any case, I don't think my decision to buy a Mac had anything to do with being open-minded. Unfortunately, the mainstream design world has practically made it a STANDARD to use Macs. That's not my decision. If I want to make my life easier, I have to give in to using a Mac. I'd just as much rather use a PC, however, I live in a large metropolitan area and not a shack out in the forest, so sometimes I have to give in to standards of business, no matter how ridiculous I see them. And trust me, making $3000 Macs a standard for design when it's clearly possible to use a $1000 PC is pretty ridiculous. They use the same f**king design software! But hey, that's why I build Hackintoshes now ;) F__k the man, right? Just make sure to keep buying iPods so that the man can keep developing OS X ;)

Let me also add that the reason Macs became a standard in design in the first place was because right-brained designers saw them as being prettier to look at and easier to use than PCs. So you could argue that Mac users are less able to adapt to life challenges than PC users. I mean, I don't believe that myself, I'm just offering it as a suggestion for the next survey :D

I think maybe the use of the term "open-minded" is a little too broad here. I consider myself open-minded, but who wouldn't consider themselves open-minded? How often do you hear someone say, "Nah, I'm closed-minded." They may be closed-minded, but they'll never admit to it. In any case, I don't think my decision to buy a Mac had anything to do with being open-minded. Unfortunately, the mainstream design world has practically made it a STANDARD to use Macs. That's not my decision. If I want to make my life easier, I have to give in to using a Mac. I'd just as much rather use a PC, however, I live in a large metropolitan area and not a shack out in the forest, so sometimes I have to give in to standards of business, no matter how ridiculous I see them. And trust me, making $3000 Macs a standard for design when it's clearly possible to use a $1000 PC is pretty ridiculous. They use the same f**king design software! But hey, that's why I build Hackintoshes now ;) F__k the man, right? Just make sure to keep buying iPods so that the man can keep developing OS X ;)

tru dat.