[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Well it's a sad day in Hackintosh land. I went and found a great deal on a real Mac. I found a 2.33ghz 15.4" MacBook Pro for $1200. It's cool because it is thin, and the keyboard is way better than the XPS. The screen is better on the XPS there. I don't care about LED, the screen on the XPS is brighter and clearer not to mention I like the higher resolution that I had. But I have no more hardware incompatibilities to worry about and I can run Windows in Parallels. The MacBook doesn't have an SD card slot either which is nice, since all my cameras use SD cards as did my phones before I got an iPhone. (coincidence!). It was good to have been able to test drive Mac OS and the iPhone development before buying, though.

I'll probably get a new MacBook when they come out. I couldn't pass up this deal, though. Now I can stand by, and shut down, and have dual monitors and gbit ethernet and update without worries and do all kinds of cool stuff. I'm still not a Mac guy, though.

Where the hell is the backspace key?

Hey, anyone want to buy an XPS, can come with OSX 10.5.3! I'd actually prefer not to sell it like that as the 10.5.3 is just an "evaluation" version. BTW, it's got the "good" screen and nearly 3 years warranty including accident protection. And extra battery and power supply.

i used the Kalyway 10.5.2 Distribution.

It hsa the best Compatibility for my Inspiron 9400 till today.

Still got that graphic stuttering bug - that leads to a sleep-awake-phase. What brings me than to an disabled earphone-jack. It'S a real vicious circle.

But we go on. And then...Apple is releasing an official MacOSX for PC.

Hello,

I'm having big trouble since I've updated in 10.5.3. I've graphical problem. I mean that display isn't as beautil as in 10.5.2. When I reduce window in the dock, it's not the same "movement". Then I've tried to download nvidia package from scottangel blog but I can't see the driver for nvidia 8600m GT.

Do you have the same problem? What should I do?

Thanks for your help

Eric

So I installed 10.5.3 (using the Jas Combo Updater). Seems like everything is working.

I even tried installing the new iPhone SDK/Xcode etc. Seems to work EXCEPT the iPhone simulator!

Anyone have any luck? It would launch but crash.

Display is still too many slow.

Furthermore, could you tell me why do I have only bluetooth icon on when I boot in -f and -x but not with normal boot? I don't understand why this happens.

This 10.5.3 update is very annoying! I wish I haven't done it!

Hey Mac Girl,

I read the first page on this thread that iAtkos would be best for xps M1530, when i try all versions, none of them can detect my dvd rom, please help me?

Thanks!

This is my dvd specs

DVD-Rom Drive : TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC

Peripheral Type : ATAPI

So you can't install or once installed the DVD ROM is not detected?

If you can't install maybe the chipset controller of your 1530 is different and maybe the installation DVD need a different kext to be recognized.

If the DVD ROM is not detected once Mac OS is installed you need to replace the IOATAFamily.kext with the stock one, maybe the iAtkos is installing a modded one.

So you can't install or once installed the DVD ROM is not detected?

If you can't install maybe the chipset controller of your 1530 is different and maybe the installation DVD need a different kext to be recognized.

If the DVD ROM is not detected once Mac OS is installed you need to replace the IOATAFamily.kext with the stock one, maybe the iAtkos is installing a modded one.

Yeah, i cannot install, but kalyway 10.5.2 detects my dvd rom, but it has to many problems, and cannot get audio.

This is my specs

Mainboard : Dell 0D501F

Chipset : Intel GM965

Processor : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2400 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 8600M GT

Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (320 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC

Monitor Type : W657G #3=He„ªÿ - 15 inches

Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)

Network Card : Broadcom Corp BCM43XNM 802.11n Network Adapter

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

Tropics: Audio is a pain in the ass, and does not depend on which installation DVD you used. Check the tricks and tips to make it work.

thefinalprophecy: 1390 are the cheapest, even cheaper than most of USB dongles, I saw it like $8.00

Tropics: Audio is a pain in the ass, and does not depend on which installation DVD you used. Check the tricks and tips to make it work.

thefinalprophecy: 1390 are the cheapest, even cheaper than most of USB dongles, I saw it like $8.00

Ok thanks...

Don't know about low price, but there are a lot that uses Zydas, Ralink and Realtek chipsets (that are compatible with Mac OS).

Check these pages: http://zydas.rapla.net/ http://ralink.rapla.net/ for see which brand uses which chipset (they are little outdated)

But the better is a mini PCI-E card, that works like an Airport, USB dongles don't.

A quick question - is it possible to have two wireless cards simultaneously installed? I already have an Intel Wireless-N mini-card in my computer that I can use in Windows and Linux. If I buy a Broadcom-based chip do I have to replace the Intel unit? And how difficult is it to install? Sorry for the noob-ish question.

Yes you can have both.

I have the 1505 and the 3945, on windows both can connect at the same time.

On linux the Broadcom is atricky one, so I use only the Intel there.

But you can both Broadcoms, or both Intels too.

Yes you can have both.

I have the 1505 and the 3945, on windows both can connect at the same time.

On linux the Broadcom is atricky one, so I use only the Intel there.

But you can both Broadcoms, or both Intels too.

Thanks! Now I just have to save up $50 to buy the card and then figure out how to install it. I'll just use the Intel Wireless for Windows/Linux and Dell Wireless for Leopard.

yeye Put the Loe Graphics Update 1.0 again (Nvidia 10.5.2 kexts).

which kexts exactly do you mean?

Furthermore, why is my BT enabled only when I boot in -f or -x but not in normal boot.

The icon in not the same as "unavailable BT" but it's strange: I've attached a picture of it

Thanks for your help

post-192586-1213261653_thumb.jpg

Can anybody offer assistance on Time Machine running under 10.5.3? Does anybody else notice that Time Machine breaks on 10.5.3 or am I the only one (when upgrading from 10.5.2)? I have the same RIG setup as MacGirl with the m1330 and need help with getting Time Machine working.

I saw the thread with yeye's TM problem but am unsure if this is just an isolated incident?!

Time Machine used to work perfectly on 10.5.2 (Iaktos 2.0i). When I upgraded to 10.5.3 (using the Kalyway 10.5.3), repaired AHCI and Battery Meter, when I try Time Machine again, it no longer works (errors). I understand that on the 10.5.3 update, there were 'improvements' made relative to TM. Does anybody know if there's an older kext (possibly a 10.5.2) file that I need to copy over to get TM working again? Or, what kext do I edit to get TM up-and-running correctly (10.5.3 kext?). Forgive me for I am unsure of the kext of which TM is dependent upon...HELP!

m1330 10.5.3 9.3 Kernel (most everything works except Shutdown/Reboot, PC card reader, and Internal NIC).

Thanks for your help again!