[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

hello from russia, and sorry for my english :)

a have DELL V1400 with GF8400GS

a install macosx - Leo4Allv3, and have some questions:

don't work:

1) DVD-RW. OS don't see drive

2) Sound - i install STAC9228_0x83847616, sound settings appear, but no sound

3) i thing when i install video driver - NVInstallerV_41, notebook stopped normaly reeboot and turn off

4) SD/MMC card reader dont work

5) OS dont appear battary.

how a can fix it?

thanx! :(

hello from russia, and sorry for my english <_<

don't work:

3) i thing when i install video driver - NVInstallerV_41, notebook stopped normaly reeboot and turn off

how a can fix it?

thanx! :help:

What drive do you have?

Sound and Sleep are one and all together for me, no sleep, no sound. Get sleep to work, and then you will more than likely get sound to work.

NVinject works amazingly well for me, no problems whats so ever. What card do you have?

IMHO, use the kalaway dvd, its the only one that has worked for me, make sure that what ever you install on the DVD you don't install from an external source like the dell package in the first post.

hope this helps.

hello from russia, and sorry for my english <_<

don't work:

how a can fix it?

thanx! :help:

Same here, where from exactly, if you don't mind me asking? 10.5.3 is working well under the Kalyway, Vanilla 9.3.0 is what my SystemProfiler shows, I'm under GUID by the way.

If you have a Dell XPS, look at the very fist MacGirl post of this thread, it is under constant update and has all you need to run hackintosh on your XPS, etc.

about sound:

if i patch sig9205.txt with AppleHDAPather1.20, then reboot, install STAC9228_0x83847616 and reboot again - sound work!!!!

but if i reboot again or shutdown notebook - sound did not work! :D

help please! :(

ps: my sound card - 9228 :)

so 10.5.3 is working under kalaway? im using the sleepkernel...does that matter?

There are no real differences with the updates no matter which method you used to install.

The different installations DVDs only have a set of different kexts, but the main core is the same, they install the same kexts but sometimes different versions of the same kext.

There aren't like Linux distros.

If you install an update there is a basic rule for any method of installation, backup your modded kexts and kernel, install the update (delete the conlicting kexts while is updating), recover your modded kexts and kernel, reboot.

about sound:

if i patch sig9205.txt with AppleHDAPather1.20, then reboot, install STAC9228_0x83847616 and reboot again - sound work!!!!

but if i reboot again or shutdown notebook - sound did not work! :D

help please! :(

ps: my sound card - 9228 :)

Use the sleep trick or the headphones/reboot/speakers trick, no need to reinstall everytime.

Also if your card is 9228 there is no case of using AppleHDA Patcher 1.20 the version that works with this card is 1.16 and also do not use sig9205.txt because is for Sigmatel 9205 cards.

my dvd-rw is Pioneer DVR-K17YA

Use the sleep trick or the headphones/reboot/speakers trick, no need to reinstall everytime.
please tell, what is "sleep trick or the headphones/reboot/speakers trick" ? :D
Also if your card is 9228 there is no case of using AppleHDA Patcher 1.20 the version that works with this card is 1.16 and also do not use sig9205.txt because is for Sigmatel 9205 cards.
hm.. sound work only if i patch sig9205.txt and install 9882 kext's.if just install 9882 kext's - sound setting just appear, without sound...may be after reboot some files changes?

How would we know what kext we need to backup? also, is there really a need for this update? not that many improvements just bug fixes...right?

12123 did you search for your drive in the forum?

--EDIT--

Nevermind, I found a way to backup the kexts and kernel...

These kexts an files should be backed up and then restored after 10.5.3 update.

from 10.5.2 or previous working installation.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (if you use modded version, PS2 Keyboard and Trackpad are supported with this or with ACPIPS2nub)

AppleHDA.kext (sound)

AppleSMBIOS.kext (to have proper report in System Profiler)

All Nvidia kexts Geforce* NVDA* (10.5.3 decreased performance)

AppleUSBEHCI.kext (to maintain sleep ability)

PowerManagement.bundle (Battery status)

sorry to keep bugging, but has anyone had any problems with their camera? Mine is really slow, like I do something and its a blur on the screen...Also, photo booth crashes...any thoughts? Thanks.

These kexts an files should be backed up and then restored after 10.5.3 update.

from 10.5.2 or previous working installation.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (if you use modded version, PS2 Keyboard and Trackpad are supported with this or with ACPIPS2nub)

AppleHDA.kext (sound)

AppleSMBIOS.kext (to have proper report in System Profiler)

All Nvidia kexts Geforce* NVDA* (10.5.3 decreased performance)

AppleUSBEHCI.kext (to maintain sleep ability)

PowerManagement.bundle (Battery status)

Yes, you may loose QE/CI with 10.5.3, but for my 7900GS, incriminated kexts are GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle and Geforce.kext, i've no problems with others Nvidia kexts from this update.

If you grab normal update (not the combo), there is no new AppleACPIPlatform.kext inside.

The problem is that I've installed the combo (its size where around 500mo instead of 420mo for the other) and when I start I've a KP caused by appleACPIplatform I've replaced. I've put my old appleACPIplatform and it doesn't look to work! That's why I'd like to try with the new appleACPIplatform, maybe it will work with it

Thanks for your cooperation

edit: well, I've finally found this kext. I'm gonna try now. I'll get back to you.

edit2: It doesn't seem to work. I don't know if I've the good kext because it's dated from february 06th and I think it's 10.5.2 kext. Do you have the same date on yours?

Anyway, here's the KP I've: boot with -x -v: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9126/img0167oi5.jpg

The problem is that I've installed the combo (its size where around 500mo instead of 420mo for the other) and when I start I've a KP caused by appleACPIplatform I've replaced. I've put my old appleACPIplatform and it doesn't look to work! That's why I'd like to try with the new appleACPIplatform, maybe it will work with it

Thanks for your cooperation

edit: well, I've finally found this kext. I'm gonna try now. I'll get back to you.

edit2: It doesn't seem to work. I don't know if I've the good kext because it's dated from february 06th and I think it's 10.5.2 kext. Do you have the same date on yours?

Anyway, here's the KP I've: boot with -x -v: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9126/img0167oi5.jpg

You have to use 10.5.2 AHCI kexts (ioahci and appleahciports).

Did you keep the AHCI kexts? I had to restore the 5.2 ones.

Yes I am using 10.5.3 AHCI and also 10.5.3 IOATAFamily

Which problems did you have?

Yes I am using 10.5.3 AHCI and also 10.5.3 IOATAFamily

Which problems did you have?

If I use 5.3 IOAHCI and AppleAHCIPorts kexts, i get the same errors in the picture yeye posted, but I didn't tested out too much.

Are you using your hard drive in IDE mode, or AHCI?

I'm using my HDD in AHCI

I finally succeed to boot in OS X having replaced all the kext in extensions by those of 10.5.2. So I don't know which one was wrong.

Anyway now it works.

P.S. One thing I've noticed is on first reboot after 10.5.3 installation, reboot has worked. Now it doesn't work but it has worked! Did it work for you?

P.S.2: I've a problem using my BT mouse (Microsoft Laser mouse 8000). It worked in 10.5.2 but now it doesn't work to connect. Does your bt mouse work for you?