1070 replies to this topic

JIM TING

JIM TING

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Chun-Nan 's work,

My compaq presario C500 (C559TU) 's BCM4311 wifi card work fine after install the IOPCMCIAFamil.kext dated 2009-1-5. no need other scripting, just install with kext helper b7.

current config
iDeneb 10.5.7, upgrade from ideneb 10.5.6
Intel Celeron M CPU 440 @1.86GHz
2 GB Ram
80 GB Harddisk

Jim :(

hybrid1205

hybrid1205

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
just wondering if your still trying to get the wireless card to work..... I recently acquired an internal broadcom wireless card and instantly was recognized but I also installed using iatkos_7 as a base. try to get your hands on an internal card to install and or else try using the a hawkings wireless usb adaptor..... that how I started to jump on the net with my 2510p.... hope this helps alittle

terusus

terusus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No. Fixed the problem long ago. :P
Thanks for the support. :)

Joolay

Joolay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Is this driver still in development? I've tried AnV's as well as Slices iopcmciafamily.kext but this is the only one that works.. kinda.. except for the fact that its making my 10.5.8 system completely unusable as its crashing within 5 minutes everytime.. is it too old for 10.5.8? Please advise?

CuriousMac

CuriousMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
When I install the Nov. 2008 version from mediafire, for Leopard, the TC1100 does not boot past the ACPI State message.

..if I yank this, it works.

gamerman315

gamerman315

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So when booting my computer I get this error

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8
IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]
IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:
IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0xd2100000!
IOPCCard info: no bridges found.
IOPCCardBridge::start failed
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

and thus the PCMCIA slot wont turn on, yet when I turn my onboard lan off in the BIOS it loads perfectly fine and says this:
OPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8
IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]
IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:
IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xd2108000 virt mem 0x47898000
IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 17] [lat 168/176] [bus 3/3]
IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL FUJITSU MHV2200BT PL/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x168c, device 0x0013
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 1 functions
IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)
IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xd2020000-0xd202ffff
IOPCCard info: irq 17

Any idea what I need to do/modify to get this working?

bredroll

bredroll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi, I have put the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext in the Extension folder with the right permissions but now leo (10.5.6) on my R52 won't boot.. it hang with no errors.

Here is a photo of the boot (10 minutes + with no reactions).

Any id�a ?

Sry for my poor english i'm french.

Thank you a lot :)

Hello, I had the same ( where boot gets stuck just after detecting the pcmcia bridge ), I found that this was because I had the IOPCCard kext in the Extensions folder instead of inside the IOPCMCIAFamily/Content/PlugIns folder.

It meant that the kernel would expect the newly found PCMCIA bridge to siddenly attach the root disk ( some netbooks have pcmcia attached disks ) so would wait forever for the boot drive. Don't directly put IOPCCard into Extensions

gobe

gobe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everybody,

first I want to thank for this great Project and I'm sorry for my bad english (hungarian living in germany).

I've a problem with my FireWire-PCMCIA-Card on an Acer Aspire 5610z. Saw a lot of posts for Acer Notebooks but unfortunately nothing helped me.

Cardbus-Controller is an: ene cb-712/ 714/810
FireWire-Card (2 ports): exsys ex-6600e (TI Chips)

So here's what I did.
Installed a 10.5.6 System by XxX.
Installed the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6 (with the right rights), but the System hangs without error-msgs.
Than I tried rev8 and the Sytem was booting and recognizes the controller. Even the FireWire-Card is found.
But the Problem is that no devices are recognized when I connect them to the FireWire-Card.
First the System-Profiler said there are no FireWire-Drivers loaded, so I loaded them manually and the System-Profiler-Message changed to "Unable to list FireWire devices". Unfortunately this message tells the truth.

Here are my dmesg-outputs.

After loading IOPCCardFamily.kext and all FireWire-Kexts manually:
bash-3.2# dmesg | grep PCExtension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel andcom.apple.kpi components; use only one style.PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=5 yenta=1)Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0 WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   ENE 712/4 rev 10

After inserting the FireWire-Card:
bash-3.2# dmesg | grep PCExtension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=5 yenta=1)Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0 WDC WD1600BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   ENE 712/4 rev 10IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): vendor 0x104c, device 0x8023IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): found 1 functionsIOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 7)IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa000d000-0xa000d7ffIOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 3: mem 0xa000c000-0xa000c7ffIOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0008000-0xa000bfffIOPCCard info:     irq 16bash-3.2# dmesg | grep FireWireFireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8023 CardBus now active, GUID 2e0300422e040043; max speed s100.bash-3.2#

Additionally I tried to load all Kexts while boot-time, with and without inserted FW-Card.
Still the same problem.

Any Ideas? Thanks a lot.

Cheers
gobe

pippo choi

pippo choi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=183356

Thank you very much

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
No Files/Folders according to MediaFire DL Link.

I'm trying to get my wireless working in 10.5.8, on a Compaq C300.
Using the 10.5.6 kext worked initially, then just stopped after a few days. Any insight guys?

bredroll

bredroll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

No Files/Folders according to MediaFire DL Link.

I'm trying to get my wireless working in 10.5.8, on a Compaq C300.
Using the 10.5.6 kext worked initially, then just stopped after a few days. Any insight guys?

Hi Enzo, The mediafire link worked for me http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan

Tycho Brahe

Tycho Brahe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Enzo, The mediafire link worked for me http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan

Definitely not working here.
http://twitpic.com/hve4d

It's a bummer too, because I just put 10.5.6 on my HP machine. Would like to get some kind of networking working (in my case, either the Pro/100 ethernet or a wireless PCMCIA card).

pippo choi

pippo choi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I'm waitting for Pccard for snow leopard

bredroll

bredroll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Definitely not working here.
http://twitpic.com/hve4d

It's a bummer too, because I just put 10.5.6 on my HP machine. Would like to get some kind of networking working (in my case, either the Pro/100 ethernet or a wireless PCMCIA card).

Very odd, Have you tried it in firefox?

If you have no luck, the previous version worked well for me ( the version on mediafire never worked properly for me )

See here: http://www.darkspace...upal/?q=node/92

Regards

Ian

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

I'm waitting for Pccard for snow leopard

Why wait?
The IOPCMCIAFamily.kext in the 10.5.6.only folder at http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan also works in 10.5.7, 10.5.8, 10.6.0 (32bit) and 10.6.1 (32bit).
Perhaps the 10.5.6.only folder should be renamed 10.5.6.and.up.

pippo choi

pippo choi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Why wait?
The IOPCMCIAFamily.kext in the 10.5.6.only folder at http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan also works in 10.5.7, 10.5.8, 10.6.0 (32bit) and 10.6.1 (32bit).
Perhaps the 10.5.6.only folder should be renamed 10.5.6.and.up.

Thank you very much ! success

MrAnalyst

MrAnalyst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you very much ! success

How can i make this driver work on snow leopard? i have Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card and work fine on all leopard versions but not on snow leopard.if i install IOPCMCIAFamily.kext , snow leopard crashed.after i remove it get back to normal ;)

MrAnalyst

MrAnalyst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well i didn't look above post carefully.from above link
http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan
kext from "10.5.6 Only" folder works for Both Leopard 10.5.8 and snow leopard 10.6.1 .

Thanks for the link and the person who make this driver. ;)

gerard71

gerard71

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
hello version 8 of your drivers only functions with my latope, is that c' is possible to adapt has snow leopard thank you

ikuya

ikuya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i used o2micro firewire ochi and reader sd not work with chunman kext in ideneb 1.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy