• Please log in to reply
1355 replies to this topic

zcream

zcream

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
What brand of the 7900 GTX 512 MB works for the Quadro FX hack and hackintosh usability ?

My system was not so good with the 8800... My system with the 3870 is flawless (natit in my guide) - my GF is very happy and my sleep patterns are good :) I highly recommend itI asked Netkas personally which card he recommended and he said the 3870... i have never questioned that choice BUT... if your bent on getting a Nvidia... here is some advice:Cards I would recommend in order of hackintosh goodness are as follows:No 1: BFG 8800GTX OC2 768 MB. Same physical layout as Quadro FX 5600 and can be flashed to this card quite easily. Currently the king - No 2: 8800 GT 512 MB.No 3: 7900 GTX 512 MB Still a heavy hitter and can now be picked up at a fairly budget price on ebay. Needs flashing though to work with a hack. Can be flashed to Quadro FX 5500.

fatih75

fatih75

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i have toshiba A500 1F4 core i5 m430 SATA 4GB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 330M HOW CAN I INSTALL MAC OS X LEOPARD if this isn't forum please advice me s

thank

Mayorc

Mayorc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Good stuff, but I don't think I will be able to do the same.

Also why SL appears easier to install cause by defaults it has more drivers included ?

harrym17

harrym17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks!

weband

weband

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thank you... Is it working also for AMD?

Sina

Sina

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I'm getting error while installing bootloaders (while they're patching DSDT particularly),

it says DSDT text file not found ....

and its repeated like 15 times and then prompts to restart after installation complete notice . (on bootloader installation)
I'm on core i7 CPU and can only start setup with cpus=1 and busratio=20 ! cannot boot up after setup though with any flags !!

any ideas what I should do ?!

PJ_Mac

PJ_Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thank you! I can't seem to get past the installation. With both iDeneb and iAtkos (iDeneb burned at slowest speed possible) I got the Dirty Disc please clean and try again notification. Help? ;)

Swag Dog

Swag Dog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
So this Chameleon thing, it's like a dual boot selecter but with GUI?
(Please don't get angry at me, im new to the OSX86 scene :rolleyes: )

Josh Scales

Josh Scales

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nice I need to figure out how you get the cd like that with the backgrounds and everything.

ijuswannadl

ijuswannadl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thanks

Anikan1297

Anikan1297

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can Anyone help me i have a Vostro 200 Slim Tower, i have been trying to get mac os x installed on it and all of them i have tried are failures in the end

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo
Network Card Intel 82562v-2
Sound Card Realtek
2.00 Gigs of ram
Video For right now i have Intel G33 i have to get a new one it burned up Nvidia 9400 GT
2.4 Gighz

If Anyone can tell me what version that i need to install or what it would be nice

Thanks, Anikan

unknownname69

unknownname69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
thx very much for this great post i'll try on my pc

REcruit_

REcruit_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Acer Extensa 5220

Hi guys! 

I am a little stuck and would like some further explanation if someone doesn't mind helping me out.

I followed this simple guide to install retail Leopard here.

I have Retail Leopard Installed, and I am sitting in Kaly, ready to install kext, cause when I boot Retail Leopard doesn't recognise my keyboard.

I have downloaded correct kexts, I just don't know how to install them properly to make them work.

I tried copying packages from kaly DVD and installing them into new partition with retail leo, didn't work I had to reinstall.
I tried following another guide on installing kexts and repairing permissions but I found it to be very user-unfriendly for newbies at this thing, I didn't understand the lingo used. 

This is the part I am up to in the whole installing retail leopard process: (Leo 10.5.6)

Now to remove incompatible kext or install requird one
Put kext file in the user folder(users/currentuser(yourusername)/
Open post patch change (destination=Name of Drive where retail leopard is installed)
Open terminal and drag drop post patch
this included Sound file is for GA P35 DS4 or similar Gigabyte motherboard & GFX EFI string for nvidia 7600 GT Card
Make sure in Post patch sh file you replace with drive name(Leopard) with yours Drive name
Boot with new Drive and enjoy Good luck with your built

Thank you in advance
REcruit_

kiranmac

kiranmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi All,

i install ipc X86 10.5.6 in HP G70 t-200 CTO laptop its working fine, but some drivers are not unable to install.

my problem is Ethernet ,wireless ,sound are not working.And also using touchpad i can move the curser point but unable to click or unable to select the folder.

Below are the configuration for my HP laptop:

Processor : Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0GHz)
Ethernet LAN : Realtek RTL8101E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC
Wireless : Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g Adapter
http://h10025.www1.h...r...13&sw_lang=Touchpad : Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad
Audio : Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver
Graphics :Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD - For Core 2 Duo Processors
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset
RAM :3GB DDR2 System Memory
Hard Disk :250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

17.0" diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- Microphone + Webcam
- Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth

Can anyone help me by seeing the above configuration which drivers(.kext) need to install for my HP laptop

Thankx,
kiran.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
great

Thanks

DrunkMechanicnHacker

DrunkMechanicnHacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Playing with computers, keeping up with technology, kickin it with friends, going to beer garden...
Hi, i have tried every guide on google and on this site, and i have no luck still. with leopard i can get to the grey apple screen, then in the middle of the top part of the apple a circle with a line through it appears and it goes no further. running -v at darwin tells me it cannot find the "com.apple.boot.s/library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist" not found error. i havent even installed the OS yet. im literally ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. what am i doing wrong? im using the iATKOS installation.
my system specs r as follows
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 2.8GHz
2GB ram
500GB SATA hard drive
120GB IDE hard drive
am i doing something wrong here???? sorry for posting in the wrong thread if i am, but its late and my eyes hurt from staring at the computer screen all day. thanks everybody i ever meet any of you in person i swear i will buy ya'll a round of beers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy